The Gringotts
859 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

/Luke Pov/

My first impression of the Leaky Cauldron was weird, the local was weird, the people was weird, everything was weird to me, while it couldn’t be more fitting for a pub to be the ‘portal’ between the magical and mortal world, even more in England it still is a weird looking pub, but that’s already behind me, when Prof. McGonagall used her wand in a brick wall, that was the moment when I could see magic for the first time, I know I used it before, but like they say, seeing is believing, and just like it literally was, that moment was the one I leaved my old world behind to discover this new and magical one.

I heard a chuckle and look at the Professor, “Don’t mind me Mr. Pendragon, it’s just that for what I read about you I didn’t imagine you reacting like most children, I expected you to be more calm and collected, but I must admit that I prefer the way you are now, kids must be kids.” Just as she said that she turned serious again like the small moment of glee never happened.

“But Prof. McGonagall, how can one not be excited? A new world opening in front of you, new cultures, new knowledge, if anyone can be calm in such a changing moment of his life, when would he be excited?”I inquired; she looked down and said “An eager one aren’t you? I was thinking that you being a prince and all would be under my house Gryffindor, or even in the Slytherin, but as I can see now, I’m almost sure you will be a Ravenclaw.”

“Gryphindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw? What does that mean? Wait you said houses, does it mean there is one more? If so there is four houses, are they the one in the Hogwarts crest? I can see that, Gryphindor probably is the lion, while the Slytherin would be the snake obviously and Ravenclaw the eagle? What’s the name of the house of the Badger? And what each house means?” I look up and see she have an almost imperceptive smile on her face.

“Yes a Ravenclaw indeed, you’re really a curious one right? Well we can talk about the four houses later; just know that the last house is called Hufflepuff and each house represent some traits, the Ravenclaw house prizes learning, wisdom, wit and intellect, something I see you also prizes a lot Mr. Pendragon.” Well she is right I guess, and I muttered “Well, I like to say that mankind ability to learn and adapt it is our greatest treasure.” Her eyes narrowed hearing that. “Before I was almost certain, now if you’re sorted in another house I would think the Sorting Hat was broken, but come with me, we have to go to the Gringotts, you have to change your muggle money to galleons, the wizard money.” I wanted to ask more, but in the end I just nodded and follow along.

“Wellcome to the Gringotts Mr. Pendragon, I know you will find it fascinating, but please don’t stare at the Goblins too much, they’re a high intelligent race and are the ones we entrust with our money.” She said seriously while guiding me to a free goblin.

‘Another sentient race already!? This visit to the magical world is already worth it, seeing his name tag I started the conversation hiding my excitement. “Hello Mr. Bogrod, would you kindly make a conversion of pounds sterling’s into galleons?”  He looks down of his high table and look at my eyes for a moment, “ Of course Mr…” “Pendragon sir, my name is Luke Pendragon.” I said to him.

At that moment all the goblins who heard my name stopped what they were doing for a moment, and continued they work.  “Pendragon you said? Like the Royal family of Pendragon?” Inquired Bogrod with a face much more serious than before. “Yes, Im the second prince of the United Kingdom’s.” I said a bit proudly.

“Well Mr. Pendragon, if that’s true, you already have a vault here, but it’s beyond my power to move that vault, just wait a minute I will have to call the director of the bank.” He says with what I believe is a smile. I accent and wait a bit, looking at the wizards’ reaction of shock and disbelief, so I ask my box of answers, AKA Prof. McGonagall of what this reaction is all about.

“Ah yes, this reaction is understandable Mr. Pendragon, You will meet the Leader of the goblin nation and director of Gringotts, it’s not every day someone can meet him, nevertheless without appointment.” There wasn’t much time to muse on those words because Bogrod already came with another goblin.

“Mr. Pendragon it’s an honor to help you, my name is Grinlok, director of the Gringotts, I believe you would like to see your vault, so come, let’s not waste much time.” He stands his hand and after I shook it, he rapidly starts walking to a sort of cart. I followed him and the Professor came with me.

“I can see that you don’t really know much about the story of your Ancestor, King Arthur, after your family got out of the magical world I suppose that’s expected, but now that his descendent is with us again you need to know a bit of it, King Arthur helped our nation to be established, He was the one that made it possible and doing so he and his family became friends of the Goblin nation, so you can also be called our friends, I hope you won’t abuse it.” He didn’t even let me have the time to respond as he continues. “While it’s sad that you can’t open the main vault, namely vault 001, you can be assured he left something for the one in his line that awakened magic in another vault, namely vault 004.”

“Why can’t I open the main vault?” I ask more of curiosity than anything. ”Because im afraid not even I can open it without its key, and that vault key is most unique might I add. That vault can only be opened with the Holy Sword Excalibur and being of the Pendragon family, and while I hope you find it and claim the vault, for now, you have to be content with your another vault, but I assure you will be happy with it.” As he said that, our cart/rollercoaster stops and he open the vault 004.

My lips cramped a bit when the vault opened, I know I wasn’t expecting much but at least it was more than an empty vault with two parcels. “Happy indeed.” I muttered to myself. “Well I wasn’t expecting that, you can take your time with your parcels Mr. Pendragon.” Leaving me alone for a moment in the vault.

Nothing happened when I took the first parcel, couldn’t even open it, but the second was different, the moment I touched it something happened, it was like it came to life and inside was a letter that said:

My descendent, as you can already determine I’m King Arthur Pendragon. And here is the key of my legacy. But I will not leave it for anyone, you may be of my blood, but I don’t know your character so I will let you pass my test, if you’re worthy you will be able to pass it, if not return this parcel here for the next generations. The second parcel is an clue to where lies my sword, and the test for opening it is rather simple, but only you of my blood can complete it, it’s an magical lock made from Merlin himself and can only be manipulated with someone of my progeny. I wish you luck my descendent.

I took the other parcel again to inspect it and I realized something, something crucial at this moment, I didn’t have any idea of how to open it. So I guard it and got out of the vault.

“Well, that was educating, but I guess I will still have to change my muggle money for wizard money, and is this vault mine now?” Grinlok looked at me almost inquiring what I got, but never asked about it and responded. “Of course Mr. Pendragon of course, you can go with Bogrod again and change it, I hope to see you again.” And just like that I have an adventure; gosh I’m already in love with this wizard world.

6