The Game Explained
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Professor? When did you get here?" Lavender asked, turning around with shock.

I turned as well at the robotic voice and found the sleek black training robot Professor MTK. Calling him a robot was partially right. Inside was a race know as the Galaxsor Techknowledge, a race of small humanoids. No bigger than a fist, MTK needs us to defeat him at his highest level so he can attain the perfect form that will allow him to merge with the machine and become one.

"I came here today. I arrived before you at the request of the general. Looks like you have gained more members as well and levels! I am very excited to see the changes you all have undergone!"

"I also have one more surprise," Duke Vistorm put his hand up to signal a maid that left the room.

I turned back to look at Lavender, but she just shrugged. MTK came and sat down at the table and opened himself up. The robot put a small amount of food on the plate and then brought it down to the little Professor. Then he hopped out and started to snack.

Instantly the girls were huddled around him, and I was pushed back as they gushed over how cute he looked. I got up and took a seat beside The Duke. I was about to ask him about the surprise when the door opened, and the maid entered with an elf-like woman with blond hair.

Something looked too familiar about her face, but there was no way it could be her. I pushed the chair back and stood, my eyes locked on her, and then our vision's met. When her expression turns to pure joy, I knew it was her.

"Trina?!"

"DAVE!!"

She ran and jumped into my arms, squeezed her tight. I had been so worried that I wasn't gonna see her for a long time. Our shouts caught the attention of the girls, and they turned to us.

"Trinity?!" Lavender and Victoria exclaimed, and they rushed over.

Tilly and Iona followed, but Tilly had only met the fairy Trina but didn't know she was also the God of Transmigration, like the other girls. Trinity broke away from my hug to embrace Lavender and Victoria. The other two girls looked confused, so I tried to vaguely explain.

"Trinity, Is a friend of ours."

"How? Where did you meet her?" Tilly asked, walking over to me, with her finger on her lip and a puzzled look on her face.

Shit, now what? If I try to tell her ill just blackout again. I was about to risk it when Lavender beat me to the punch.

"There is something that we need to explain to you and Iona," Lavender explained to Tilly as she let go of Trinity.

"I will have the maid show you to the sitting room, and you all can talk there. I would like to have a word with the Professor. After you're done talking, a maid will show you to your rooms. While your training, I would like you all to stay here. This is the safest place."

"Hold on, What about the other noble houses with demons?" I asked.

"Don't worry, each noble house has increased security and are in the process of dealing with the demons."

The same maid that had brought Trinity into the room led us to a cozy sitting room with a fire going in the hearth. All of us sat down on the two couches facing each other. The vassal and two gods sat on one, and Tilly and Iona sat on the other with me.

"So to start with," but I cut lavender off.

"Is this really ok to talk about? Every time I have in the past, I have blacked out."

"It was a restriction placed on you by the blessings. I'm sure you have noticed that they are gone now because we both had our conditions met to join you and help."

"I didn't really notice until I got my class selection, and there was no legendary class."

"Ok, as I was about to say, Trinity and I are Gods. I am Destiny, and Trinity is Transmigration. Dave is a vassal of the faceless god, and Victoria is the God Valor's vassal."

"WAH?!" Both girls gaped in shock, but Lavender didn't stop there.

"I'm sure you have noticed that this city is bizarre, but do you know what is outside of the city?"

That question made me think, have I ever even looked outside of the city? Even flying through the sky, we only looked down until the floating castle appeared. What did that mean? I can't believe that I wouldn't have looked.

I looked at the girls, but they had the same puzzled expression, and when I looked at Victoria, she had the same look.

"There is no outside of the city. This world is only this city. It was designed to make you not want to look outside the city since it all just white nothingness," Trinity added.

"World? Gods? How? Dave, what are they talking about?" Iona sounded panicked as she asked.

"They are telling the truth. It's a lot to take in, but I'm trying to have you become vassals so we can all continue to live our lives together. I have done the same for each of them."

"Then why aren't you a god? What happens if we don't become vassals?" Tilly asked, this time clutching my arm.

This was really shaking the girls up, but it was high time that everyone knew, so we didn't have to dance around the subject.

"My job is to find your girls and help you. If I can't make you a vassal, we will lose you and have to try and find you in the next world. Believe me, this is a tiny place. We have had rounds with multiple planets populated with people. Imagine trying to find one or two people that won't look the same or have any memories of their past lives."

"We have had past lives? How many?" Iona asked as she clutched at my arm like Tilly.

"We don't know, and that's the problem. All we can do is try to win to use the wish to make you vassals and Ascend Victoria and one other person. We found a loophole that allows us to use the wish by phrasing it as "I wish to ascend a pair to gods." Then when the new Gods ascend, they each chose a vassal, which will be you two."

"What is the whole point of it all?" Iona asked.

"As gods, we get to chose the games we play in, set condition for when we enter the game, and when we enter a game with our vassal. We also can bestow a blessing to them of our designated title. You get to enjoy the life you were promised before entering Reborn," Lavender explained.

The room fell silent, and I looked from girl to girl, but both looked down in thought. Neither let go of my arm and when I looked up at the other three, they all had smiles on their faces. I lowered one eyebrow and raised the other, but then all three got up quietly and left the room without making a sound.

Suddenly, I was left in the room alone with Tilly and Iona, who was still deep in thought. Tilly was the first to notice that the Lavender and the other two had left, and she looked at me. I looked back into her brown eyes and smiled.

"How long have you been doing this for? How many people have you saved?"

"Never enough, it seems. Every game I have played, except for the last, I have found more "Lost Souls," but they always more."

There was a pull at my other arm, and I turned to Iona, who had watering eyes and was shaking. This was visibly bothering her, so I gently pulled my arm from Tilly and took Iona into my arms, and she began to cry. Slowly at first, but then she started sobbing and shaking really bad.

Tilly kissed the top of my head and left the room. Iona was still crying, but it had slowed down, and soon she was only sniffling. She wiped her face on my shirt before pulling back to look up at me with puffy red eyes.

"How many times have I had to go through all that?"

I knew that she meant about how hard it had been to be in the slums and the distrust she seemed programmed with. After hearing this, she must have made her feel that she felt this way because she had often gone through this. I couldn't tell her if she did or not, but I had my suspicions.

"You will never remember those times. All we can do now is move forward and help other people after we help you cement your place in Reborn."

"Is this really all a game?"

"Yes, that's what it is, but we get a chance to lives unlimited amounts of lives. It was hard then, but it won't be like that anymore as long as we can win this game, and we will. I promise you that."

0