Chapter 27 Creating The First Hive
1.1k 14 46
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

FL POV 

I was more than happy by the performance the little guys had given me. Right after leaving the small base, we were staying at, we rushed directly towards the hotspot in this vast forest. At least, in the area we were residing in. This may be blind arrogance and overconfidence in ourselves, but no, I could feel it as clear as day. They were really a force to be reckoned with, the Phyllamorphs. Along the way towards the hotspot, they were devouring every prey they came across, small or large, and while at it they reproduced with a stinger like tongue that would pierce right through their heart, pumping the little embryos throughout their body until exploding out into the world, and regrouping with the marching wave. When our numbers hit pass 1000, a new feature alerted inside my head.

[Additional Feature Unlocke. Please establish your territory and form your first Hive.]

Hives
World: Chaos
Stage: 0
Race: Phyllamorphs
Queen (x1)
Praetorian (x8)
Drone (x1,381)

World: Resident Evil
Stage: 0
Race: N/A

World: Vivarium
Stage: 0
Race: N/A

The worlds listed above were the only worlds we had built a Rift Gate in. Other than just the numbers of the hives, there really wasn't anything else. But the System mentioned that upon establishing a Hive for the Phyllamorphs the ability to help their evolution was possible. But at a much expensive cost compared to their own evolutions, so it wasn't a viable option for the moment. Not until they've created an unstoppable force. 

The numbers kept increasing all throughout the day till the sun started to set. I hadn't realized how far I had traveled during my days, but the hotspot I remembered to be was still a long way to go. It was only until midnight when it was complete darkness that we had reached the hotspot, and when I say it was a blood bath, I mean it was a blood bath. The forest was dyed red and a mixture of other colors from the blood of the beasts that were competing here. The flora that was destroyed and trampled on by the beasts were also competing with each other for the flesh and blood of the fallen beasts.

『Mommy, can I go play with the others?』 (Khercia) 
『Okay. Be careful of the Jarosae』 (Juno)
『Yes mommy!』 (Khercia) 

This wasn't so bad. I thought as I watched my cute little Khercia... I guess I could call her my Daughter? Then that human would be the... 

『Tsk』 (Juno)

Her happiness was short-lived when she thought along that way, her violent and aggressive nature took control of her body and she lashed out at an ambushing Jaross. Jarosae resembled panthers from earth, though they had an extra set of front-legs and were covered in obsidian-like scales. They also had a fluffy needle-like mane which I thought would make them a little cute if it wasn't for the head that was covered in eyes.

When I went to bite into it with my inner-jaw, nothing came out. 『Huh?』 It was gone. But with its disappearance, something inside me that made me a Xenomorph was also gone. 『No, I've already deviated from the Xenomorphs so it isn't that odd to lose the 'tongue'』 I didn't deliberate over it and took a much larger bite, ripping its head off. It felt both great and uncomfortable since I had adapted to the smaller mouth. 

Returning my gaze to Khercia, she was doing great. Better than expected, since the Jarossae I had warned her about was being beaten down by her and the Praetorians. 『I wonder if me and Jun will be able to have a child... what?』 I was stunned by what I had thought about subconsciously. Blushing to myself, I crouched down and shook my head, trying to get rid of the small embarrassment and unaware of Khercias approaching figure. 

『Mommy, who's Jun?』 (Khercia) 
『Ah? Oh, Jun is my Twin brother.』 (Juno) 
『Brother? But mommy just said she wanted to have a child with him.』 (Khercia) 
『Ahhhh! Yes I know! Stop, don't say that!』 (Juno)
『Is... is mommy mad at me? I'm sorry...』 (Khercia) 

Feeling guilty by the sudden outburst, I nudged her smaller head with mine that was a little higher than mine. 

『Im not mad, just a little confused. Okay?』 (Juno)
『Then, do you still want to have a child with Jun?』 (Khercia)
『Of course!』 (Juno)
『Wait no!』 (Juno)
『But then I won't have a little sister or brother...』 (Khercia)
『Go kill some more beasts!』 (Juno)
『Okay mommy!』 (Khercia)

Do I really want to... with Jun? I honestly didn't know, and I was truly confused. Shaking those thoughts away, I only now noticed how silent it was. Looking towards where the battle was going on, I only saw a pool of blood that stretched into the horizon. The golden glow of the sun as it rose reflected off the bloody lake. Sitting there in the center was Khercia, staring at the sunrise. The only sound came from the wind that blew the trees. 

Trees?

Looking closer, the leaves that hung on the branches of the trees in a few hundred-mile radius were all Phyllamorphs. Such an exaggerated reproductive power... Walking over towards Khercia, I sat down next to her and looked at the sunrise. 

[1st Stage Hive has been established.]

『Mommy』 (Khercia) 
『Yes? What's wrong Khercia?』 (Juno)
『Are you... going to leave?』 Khercia asked, still keeping her head forward at the rising sun, but unable to experience the sunrise with the lack of eyes. I was silent for a while and just looked at her cute little face. Curling my tail around her body, I held her closer to me. 
『Yeah...』 (Juno)

We sat there and stared at the sunrise together knowing that it will be a while until they reunited. It wasn't until we created the new Rift Gate in the center of this 'forest' that I spoke to Jun. 

『Jun』 (Juno)
『. . .』 (Jun)
『Jun?』 (Juno)
『. . .』 (Jun)

I became extremely worried about Jun's lack of response. Only when he was hibernating or currently in a dilemma would he not respond to me. 

『Khercia, I'll be back eventually. But until then, I can only leave colonizing this world to you. Always be cautious about stronger opponents, but never afraid of them, okay?』 (Juno)
『Yes mommy!』 (Khercia) 
『Goodbye cutie』 (Juno)
『Bye-bye mommy!』 (Khercia) 

I activated the Rift and leaped through the gate. Running as fast as I could towards the Resident Evil gate, I leaped through it without hesitation.

46