Chapter 28 Evolution
1.3k 18 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Short chapter. The next few worlds will be... one hell of a roller coaster ride then ending on a new world: Skyrim!

24 hours ago, Jun's POV

『Really now...』

Upon exiting the basement through the elevator, as far as I could see was a horde of zombies and B.O.Ws. The forest that once stood tall was gone and replaced by a cracked, barren land. Further in the distance was a large crater and destroyed buildings surrounding it. What happened since our short departure? Another war? With who?

These thoughts were useless right because the horde ahead of me was walking in my direction. There was a conspicuous B.O.W that was in the center of this horde, surrounded by larger and stronger B.O.Ws. I guessed he was the commander of these B.O.Ws but failed to control the Virus and thus turned as well. The man also noticed me and commanded the horde to attack. 

The fight began mostly with me having the advantage, but slowly and surely I was being pushed back by the sheer number of them. This, of course, lasted for the whole day and night until I managed to kill and eat the man's upper body. What I thought would stop the B.O.Ws was the complete opposite, as they started to rapidly mutate and evolve into giant, twisted, tentacled monsters. I also received an evolution prompt but I didn't have the leisure to evolve right now in front of the enemy. 

Twin's POV

The first thing she witnessed upon leaving the Rift was Jun's bloody figure fighting with a tentacled monster covered in metallic spikes. All around us was pure destruction of what was once an Umbrella Facility. It wasn't just the tentacled monster that Jun was fighting though. As far as the eye could see, hordes of zombies and B.O.Ws encircled, and what was once a flourishing town after the Civil war ended, now turned to ruins. 

Juno dashed from the ruins and jumped on Jun's back and viciously leaped at the tentacled monster's head. Jun took this time to retreat and take a breather for a moment, watching as Juno's figure gracefully danced around the tentacles that flew towards her. Slashing and biting everything she could see, the tentacled monster was shredded to pieces and dropped to the ground with a thud.

『Jun, are you okay?』 (Juno)
『It's not dead yet』 (Jun)

The once motionless monster wriggled its tentacles and absorbed the nearby B.O.Ws growing larger and stronger. 

『Juno, give me a few minutes』 (Jun)

Her response was a quick dash towards the monster. Avoiding the tentacles just barely, which proved useful for a while until the tentacles started to mutate once again. Taking this moment of its defenseless self, she decapitated many of its tentacles, showering herself in black blood mixed with squirming worms that tried to drill into her. It was useless though. 

Juno avoided the incoming tentacle that was aiming for her head but the end of its attack was yet to come. Needles burst out from the tentacle which grazed her skin as it was pulled back. Although surprised, she wasn't worried one bit. Thanks to her much harder exoskeleton only tiny scratches lined her body but was healed pretty fast.

However, she didn't lower her guard at all since more of these monsters were forming in the distance. Smaller and less dangerous of course, but was still an annoyance. Juns evolution wasn't over yet, which was abnormally long considering their past evolutions. She continued to slice off the tentacles until the other monsters had finally entered range to attack her. 

Finding herself surrounded by the monsters, she only managed to dodge the smaller tentacles but was caught by the larger one. The tentacles wrapped around her constricted her body with the long needles grinding against her skin, eventually puncturing the armor. 

『Thanks, Juno』 (Jun)

The constricting tentacle stopped its actions and loosened up, dropping her figure to the ground. The other B.O.Ws stopped and motionlessly stood at their spot, staring at Jun. 

『Jun, you...』 (Juno)

Jun's figure had steam coming off of his body. His chest had risen slightly and turned a charred black, rocky appearance with red cracks spreading outwards from the center that was glowing an orange-red, thumping loudly. His forearms had the same appearance as his chest with longer and sharper claws. 

『Go. Kill everything.』 (Jun)

The B.O.Ws obeyed his command and left the ruined facility, leaving behind two aliens sitting outside the Rift Gate. 

『Jun』 (Juno)
『Let's go』 (Jun)
『Yeah』 (Juno)

47