Chapter 29 Stabilizing The Rift (Part 1)
1.1k 13 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Error. Chaos energy has an unknown effect on the Rift Gate, creating a very unstable Rift. Stabilizing the Rift...]

We looked at each other both confused by this abrupt announcement from the system. Following the system's last words, the twins felt like they were thrown inside a tornado, going in several directions at once and passing through a rip in the void. The emptiness that filled the twin's senses was filled with the sound of the howling winds and the effect of gravity pulling them down. 

『I think we're falling.』 (Juno)
『Hey system, you said you wouldn't put us in direct harm. Fix the Rift and get us out of this situation』 (Jun)

[Stabilizing Rift...] 

There was no point in hurrying the system since it's every response was the same. The twins facing this situation weren't exactly worried or concerned, rather, they were curious as to what world they were falling in. 

Boom! 

A loud bang sound assaulted the twins from above their heads but because whatever object that made that sound didn't enter their senses, they couldn't determine what it was. Well, not right then they couldn't, but mere moments later the object flew past their heads burning hot and falling at terrifying speed. Something like an escape pod or a shuttle, but it was definitely something from a space station. 

The twins who were about to relax after knowing how high up they were, had their senses invaded by an ear-piercing roar below them. A sudden rush of adrenaline pulsed through their bodies and their immediate response was to attack whoever this roar belonged to. It's just that the thing they wanted to attack was ridiculously enormous. I mean, its head was peeking out from the clouds, just how tall does it have to be to reach this height? There was no escaping the enormous eyes as it had already crushed the twins within its mouth. 

They were ready to tear through the creature's throat and kill it but instead were sucked through another Rift. The previous disturbing feeling returned briefly as they were sent flying through the void and out another crack. Though, just before entering they were split up into different worlds. 

Jun's POV 

My body was thrown out from the void and into a Human soldier standing blankly in front of me. The first thing I did, of course, was to rip his entire upper body off with my mouth. Not even a second later a flying unknown creature came swinging its claw-like hands, probably intending on cutting the man's head off. The man's body was spat out onto the dry, dusty cracked ground, replaced by the creature, and crushed under my jaws, before being swallowed in a single gulp. A man a few meters away sitting against a military truck coughed out a mouthful of blood and dropped to the ground lifelessly. The woman beside him held his body shakingly and mourned his sudden death, glancing at me in horror. 

Slash 

The woman's face that was stained with tears fell onto the man's lap, staring at the tail that flicked what little blood was on it. The arrival of several black cars belonging to the local military force was driving straight towards my direction, though slowing down after witnessing my giant figure and strange appearance.

I've no excuses for not releasing any chapters so I won't apologize again and again till it becomes a habit. So here's half a chapter, and I'm going to have a nap for a few hours then post the other half and maybe more chapters when I have the energy that I severely lack. Thank you for waiting patiently with my lazy ass and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. Thanks for reading

47