Chapter 31 Skyrim
1k 17 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Magical Energy has been detected in the host's surroundings. Commencing Magical Energy extraction...]

By now, we've learned to ignore these system prompts but the fact that it mentioned 'magic', we were both curious. What kind of world had we entered? 

『Jun, is this one of those fantasy worlds? With magic and knights!』 (Juno)
『What else can it be? But this isn't a good thing for us...』 (Jun)
『Why not?』 (Juno)
『Think about it. If there's magic, then there's wizards or mages. Who knows what kind of destructive spells they can cast』 (Jun)
『Awe...』 (Jun)
『But if we're lucky, it isn't such an overpowered world. Hopefully, it's a low-magic kind of world』

They conversed about what kind of mysteries and powers this world holds as they continued on their rocky path. The skies were littered with galaxies, stars, and stardust. Sadly, they cannot see such a view but they could feel that's what was above them. 

Not even a few minutes later they felt an oppressing power weighing down on them. It was a feeling they've never felt before, one of divinity. 

Gods?

They both thought. That was very upsetting to the two since they were just talking about unknown powerhouses. They both entered a very aggressive state on full alert, backing up slowly from where they came. 

However, that oppressive feeling swiftly left and a new system prompt entered their minds. 

【Blessings of the Nine Divines Obtained】 

It seemed that the world they were in wasn't the world of the living, and these 'Nine Divines' were evaluating us? Well, it didn't matter what those Gods did, as long as they didn't attack us. The thought about killing and harvesting them for future subordinates crossed both of their minds but left swiftly since that was impossible for the time being. 

They were dragged from that world and into another, the world of the living. 

Skyrim. 

We knew the name because of the information entering our brains through the wormhole-like tunnel. 

[New Feature added: Blessings] 

Nine Divines Blessings

Blessing of Akatosh: Magika Regeneration is increased by 10

Blessing of Arkay:
 Vitality increased by 25 points.

Blessing of Dibell: Manipulation increased by 10.

Blessing of Julianos: Magika is increased by 25 points.

Blessing of Kynareth: Dexterity is increased by 25 points. 

Blessing of Mara: Wisdom is increased by 25 points.

Blessing of Stendarr: Endurance is increased by 25 points.

Blessing of Talos:
Strength is increased by 25 points.

Blessing of Zenithar:
Increased Luck.

[Only one blessing can be used at a time.] 

『Well, that's certainly a surprise.』 (Jun)

The twins checked their status to see the expected changes to it. 

Status
Titles: Prince — Awakened
Blessing: —
Name: Jun
Race: Progenitor Alien
Height: 12.5ft
Length: 18-22ft
STR: 650 
END: 800
DEX: 250
VIT: 800
WIS: 115
Magika: 100
Luck: 9
Manipulation: 90
EVO Points: 15
DNA points: 17

Status
Titles: Princess 
Blessing —
Name: Juno
Race: Chaos Alien
Height: 8.5ft
Length: 17-20ft
STR: 750
END: 550 
DEX: 800 
VIT: 400
WIS: 125
Magika: 100
Luck: 5
Manipulation: 88
EVO points: 15
DNA points: 17

『Hey System-』

[Call me Eva.

『? ? ?』 (Juno)
『? ? ?』 (Jun)

[. . .] (Eva)

The twins were visibly confused and took a moment to process what they had just heard inside their heads. Eva seemed to be a little embarrassed and silently waited for Juno to continue.

『Well... Eva, can we assign points to the Blessings? You know, with the Limit Breaker feature?』 (Juno)

[Through points it's impossible. However, it is possible to increase the Blessings points through other means in the Skyrim world
.] (Eva)

The two thought about it and were more content with this way. Why would they need to assign points to the Blessings when they can just do it to their own stats? But through this other method, they could probably increase it for free.

『Can the Blessings be used in other worlds?』 (Juno)

[Because the Blessings are granted from another party, and not solely yours or a feature from me, then there's little possibility of you being able to use them in other worlds. Or, more accurately speaking, outside of the 'Nine Divines' area of influence. If there are gods in this world, there are likely to be Gods in other worlds.(Eva)

Neither of them could refute Eva about that and could only hope that that's not the case. 

『Then what about the new stats and what are they for.』 (Jun)

[Magika is the Magical Energy within everything in Skyrim. The lands, animals, air, there is Magika everywhere and by absorbing this energy, you can use it to do conjure spells.] (Eva)|

『Wait...』 (Juno)
『What's wrong?』 (Jun)
『Uhh... oh, I remember! Didn't you say earlier that it was impossible to use magic in the Chaos world?』 (Juno)

[Unfortunately, you're right.] (Eva)

『So we have Magika but can't use Magic?』 (Juno)

[Yes...(Eva)

『Damnit! I just want to shoot a fireball!』 (Juno)

[I'm sorry...(Eva)

『Are you really our System?』 (Jun)

Jun was doubtful about this 'Eva' person in their heads. Since when was it so 'life-like?' 

[Yes. My change is entirely because of the sentient chaos energy I had absorbed. Things like emotions and feelings are still difficult for me to understand, but I can still speak far better than a cold machine, right?] (Eva)

『Right』 (Jun)

There was still uncertainty inside Jun but the chance of a foreign being posing as the system is unlikely. Something like a God? Maybe there is a small chance as they barged into their world without notice. 

『What about Manipulation and Luck?』 (Juno) 

[Manipulation is related to your inborn telepathy. By talking to others, you can convince or persuade them to your ways and even brainwash them. Your wisdom also plays a role in how strong your Manipulation is. Luck is... I don't know what Luck is?(Eva)

All three of them were confused about what luck was for. It didn't really matter though so they just moved on quickly to other things.

Other things such as choosing what Blessing to use. Juno chose Arkay for the extra vitality while Jun chose Kynareth for the extra dexterity. After 'equipping' the blessings they could see an approaching world coming up at the end of the wormhole. 


Walking out from the wormhole, we were greeted by two icy blue creatures covered in hardened muscle and fur. This creature had an extra eye and stood just above 7ft, still a lot smaller compared to ourselves though. 

The trolls couldn't even register our sudden appearance before their chests were stabbed in by our tails, crushing their hearts. 

Crack 

When we took our step forward to eat our prey, the sound of cracking came beneath us revealing scattered bones which were probably the trolls' past meals. 

When we finished devouring the trolls, we noticed something rather bizarre. Our senses were much more enhanced as we could see more clearly and with color. Eva said it had something to do with the Magika energy which allowed us to have a better understanding of their surroundings and was no different from having eyes. 

『Wow』 (Juno) 

Juno couldn't help but express her fascination at the sight before her. The air held a blue tint to it with mushroom spores floating around. Everywhere inside the cavern were large glowing mushrooms that towered over them reaching for the ceiling. Broken buildings, ancient ruins, various fauna and flora occupied this place. And just like the voiceless system prompt from earlier, another one entered our minds. 

【Blackreach Discovered】 

Close to the twins were large pipes that occasionally let out steam, probably a pump of some sort. Anyways, their position was rather high up, next to the cavern walls with a slope going downwards. They followed down the rocky footpath and onto a stone staircase. The staircase split off to the right and another path going further down into a river. 

『Let's stick together until we're sure that we are safe in here』 (Jun)

Juno had no opposition to his suggestion and the two continued down into the river. The path leading to the right was in a more open and brighter area, a disadvantage for the two who are new to this land and also are more adept in stealth. 

Swimming along the river, they eventually came across a tunnel entrance. Just above this tunnel stood a bright orange orb, like a miniature sun. Ignoring that for now, they swam into the entrance tunnel and entered a small cave. The cave however was void of any color at all as if the neon blue from outside was drained from here. 

Up the stairs and taking a turn, the twins discovered a humanoid figure standing in the middle of the hallway. Falmer was its name, and it came to them naturally which was credited to the foreign system in their head. 

Easily taking care of the Falmer, they continued down the hallway taking several turns to come across a much wider open space. It seemed to be some sort of canal or draining shute, made to hold large amounts of water.

After going a little further there was a room that has a fair bit of underwater exploration to do, but because of the hanging pipes from the ceiling, it proved a little difficult for Jun to pass through. 

Exiting the enclosed space, they came upon more Falmer who were once again killed swiftly and devoured by the two. Aside from the repeated scenery, there wasn't much difference to everything else within this underground facility. 


The orange orb which was named an Artificial Sun they saw earlier, appeared once again closer to them on their right after exiting through a door. A stone bridge connected the two towers which the twins broke through by force, passing the artificial sun. 

When they entered the tower they stepped into a circular room that extended to the bottom floor. When they set foot on the lower floor, there was a spiral staircase further leading deeper underground. The twins could smell a scent familiar to them coming from the spiral staircase. 

The spiral staircase however was made for smaller figures thus Jun was unable to continue further. 

『I'll go alone, you wait here』 (Juno)

Jun nodded his large head and watched as Juno made her way down the staircase, disappearing in the dark. 

Juno's POV 

The room I entered after exiting the staircase was large and brightly lit but was teeming with those ugly Falmer's they've met before. But further in the center of this hall sat humans on stone benches, probably some Falmer slaves. 

A few seconds later parts of the room were covered in patches of blood. In a corner was a crowd of humans clenching onto their only tools ready for a final fight before their death. I simply hissed at them before knocking them out with a blunt force to the back of their head, returning upstairs with the unconscious humans. 

Shared POV 

『There are more humans below, should we gather them all?』 (Juno) 
『No. We just need some information from them and...』 (Jun)
『To form a new Hive?』 (Juno)
『Yes』 (Jun)

Juno was about to impregnate the humans with her parasitic saliva but was stopped by Jun for the last human. Instead of explaining to her his reasons he also impregnated the woman with his own symbiotic saliva. 


Hours passed and the hall below was being turned into a new phyllamorph hive. Jun stayed above ground as the impregnated woman returned to her senses some time ago, and was now calmly explaining to him common knowledge. 

『Elder Scrolls? This place?』 
"Yes, master, it was the reason me and my crew are down here in the first place. We were told that the Ancient Dwemer ruins held an Elder Scroll. We planned to find it and sell it to whoever would buy it." (slave)
『And that was when you were captured as slaves by the Falmer?』 (Jun)
"Unfortunately, yeah..." (slave)
『Where is this Elder Scroll?』 (Jun)
"There is a tower, the Tower of Mzark somewhere in Blackreach. Across the bridge, a fire-lit doorway will have an elevator. Exiting the anti-chamber you'll enter an old library and further down will be a giant brass orb, an unmatched technological advancement of the Dwemer culture, used to decipher the Elder Scrolls."

The slave explained the Elder Scrolls to Jun, but she herself didn't know much about it, other than the fact that it's a really important item and its severe side effects.  

After telling Jun that he was leaving in search of the scroll, he left with the slave but ordered her to return to Skyrim, the world above ground, to do something for him. 

After more than a week of procrastinating, I finally dished out this half-decent chapter. Thanks for reading.

42