Chapter 32 Aetherium Ore
925 21 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun's POV 

When I arrived at the Tower of Mzark to find the Elder Scroll, it was a pity that it had already been taken by someone else. However, it wasn't all a waste of time as the Brass Orb contraption that deciphered the Elder Scrolls had a bit of Magika Energy stored inside which was extracted by the system. 

Leaving the Tower of Mzark I noticed a blue glow further down the stairs, spiraling to the right. 

[A dense amount of Magika is stored inside the blue ore called Aetherium. You can extract Magika Energy, but it is possible to consume it as well. What would you like to do?(Eva)

『I can consume this?』 (Jun)

[Of course. Xenomorphs are part carbon-based and silicon-based, and with the acidic blood, it isn't impossible to consume non-organic materials such as metal or electrical circuits.] (Eva)

I first ripped out the Crimson Nirn Root that was growing on top of the Aetherium ore. It was quite annoying to have a constant ringing in your ears so I threw it into the river below, watching as it drifted away. 

The Aetherium ore was embedded into the earth and the size of it was unknown. It wasn't a problem for me though as I grasped it with my claws, ripping out shards of it and throwing it into my mouth. 

【Aetherium Ore Consumed +8 Magika】

【Aetherium Ore Consumed +5 Magika】

【Aetherium Ore Consumed +9 Magika】

【Aetherium Ore Consumed +7 Magika】 

【. . .】

I got a little too into eating this Aetherium Ore after seeing the system prompts in my head. Several minutes later the Aetherium Ore was depleted and my Magika had increased by more than 50 points. 

[Undergoing Passive Evolution.] (Eva)

A slight burning yet cooling sensation traveled throughout my body, loosening my muscles and strengthening them. My heart which thumbed vigorously changed from its orange-red color to a neon blue that spread out into the red cracks on my chest and arms. 

Apart from the color scheme change, my rough jagged exoskeleton became more pristine and carved, an all-around appearance change from a Savage Tyrant to a Majestic King... or prince, my title still hasn't changed from prince yet.

[1st Stage Phyllamorph Hive as advanced to a 2nd Stage Hive. It is now possible for the Hive to traverse worlds.] (Eva)

Shared POV

This came as a surprise to Jun and he had to question Juno about this as she was in charge of the slowly forming Hive back at the Debating Hall. 

『So fast?』 (Jun) 
『No, we've yet to establish a Hive here and the only other Hive we have is the one in Chaos.』 (Juno)
『Mommy?』 (Khercia)
『? ? ?』 (Jun)
『I- uh- I can explain!』 (Juno)

Juno explained who Khercia was and how she came to be which cleared the skepticism I held. Khercia also went to explain what she had done in Chaos. 

『You've conquered the eastern forest?』 (Juno)
『Well, part of it. This forest is too vast. We've also been stuck in our progress for a while because of these stupid ants...』 (Khercia)

Juno held a grudge for bugs ever since her stay in Chaos, and especially against ants. Now that the topic was about Hives, the twins brought up the Hive feature to see its progress. 

Hives 

World: Chaos
Stage: 2
Race: Phyllamorphs
Queen (x1)
Praetorian (x74)
Drone (x972,673) 

We had to reread those numbers a few times before we accepted that we were indeed reading the numbers right. More was to be discussed what they were to do next so Jun made his way back to where Juno was. The staircase was already an inconvenience so they destroyed it and created a large cylindrical hole leading underground to where the few Phyllamorphs were. 

In the underground hall, there were already hundreds of Phyllamorphs hanging on the pillars appearing as leaves. However, it did little effect since their green color was a deep contrast to the Dwemer ruins. 

The twins agreed that the plan to create a Rift Gate and gather a large number of Phyllamorphs from Chaos was the best plan. 


Hours passed and a large Rift Gate was formed on the wall measuring 10 meters in width and height, taking up almost the entire wall. 

Khercia who stood outside of the Rift Gate peered into the abyss trying to see the other side where Jun was. She wanted to meet her mommy again, but couldn't since her job was to overlook the Hive over in Chaos. 

『Mommy, I'm sending them over now!』 (Khercia)
『Go ahead, make sure to order them to enter the right world.』 (Juno)

We thought that an unlimited amount could enter, but forgot about one important thing. Using the Rift requires an enormous amount of energy. So when the number of Phyllamorphs that entered the Rift Gate reached 5,000 it suddenly collapsed on its self stopping the many more advancing Phyllamorphs. 

[Insufficient Energy(Eva)

『Five thousand is enough, thank you Khercia.』 (Jun)
『You're welcome daddy!』 (Khercia)

Jun paused for a moment by the way she addressed him. Juno who was to the side was blushing to herself, waving her tail side to side. Anyways, Khercia returned to her duties while the twins planned out their next course of action. 


Hela, the slave, left Blackreach walking towards Whiterun on Jun's orders. On the way there some bandits or predators would ambush her but they were all taken down by her enhanced physical capabilities. This was due to the parasite growing inside of her. 

"Halt! Cities closed with the dragons about. Official business only." (Whiterun Guard)
"I have an important message to deliver to the Jarl... about the dragons." (Hela)
"Alright, but behave yourself. We'll be keeping an eye on you." (Whiterun Guard)

Hela passed the guard walking through the gates and into the streets. Houses and market stalls were set up within the hold, but those weren't what she was after. Before meeting the Jarl, she went around the Hold gathering information about recent news, especially about the Dragons. 

"Master, the news about Dragons awakening is true. I've also come across important news that a Dragonborn has arrived here in Whiterun a while ago" (Hela)
『What's so important about the Dragonborn?』 (Jun)

Hela described the abilities of the Dragonborn to Jun which left him pondering about it for a moment. 

『Do you know where the Dragonborn is?』 (Jun)
"No, but I do know that they're holding a council meeting with other important figures." (Hela)

The meeting they were holding was to settle business regarding the coming war and other disputes. Jun was barely up to date with the current times but it was enough to know the general danger level of this world. Jun thus ordered Hela to increase her strength and grow the parasite inside her until she can control it enough to fight. 

Back in Blackreach, the ancient Dwemer ruin in the underground had transformed into another Phyllamorh Hive. Half of which were sent out to hunt and expand the Hive's numbers. 

37