Chapter 34 Vulthuryol vs The Twins (Part 1)
722 15 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wanted to take the initiative and gain an advantage over him by lunging towards him. The excessive force I used in order to do so cracked the earth beneath my feet. But the outcome lf my action only did the opposite. 

Vulthuryol maneuvered in the air to avoid my approaching claws which lead to my view being filled with his much larger and terrifying talons. 

His claws pierced through my hard exoskeleton and plunged right into my flesh, curling around my shoulders and firmly holding into me tightly. 

My figure fell backwards from it's momentum and weight, Vulthuryol used that as well and used his strength to shove me into the ground, destroying the terrain in a few meters radius. 

Hissss! 

I held onto his ankles trying to pry them off and out of my shoulders but had to stop doing so because the dragons maw was coming down hard and fast towards my neck. 

Twisting my neck and flicking my massive head forwards, I managed to stun it and made him shake his head slightly from the dizziness. I retrieved my claws from his ankles and stretched it upwards to it's neck. 

My attempt to rip out it's throat was proved useless from it's abnormally hardened scales. Vulthuryol's chest began to heat up and the temperature started rapidly rising around me. Sparks and sulfuric smoke steamed from the gaps in his jaws, a sign of him about to breathe a horrifying flame directly at my face.

His chest shone a bright orange-red and I could even see the rising flame slowly crawling up it's long neck moments away from reaching it's mouth and spouting out into my face.

『Jun!』(Juno) 

Behind us was Junos standing figure in the distance not tok far away. Surrounding her were the little green Phyllamorphs, fluttering their wings. Vulthuryol didn't break his sights from me and intended on killing me right away. 

Just when he was about to breathe those flames onto me his head was bombarded by the Phyllamorphs which wrapped around his face. Some of which even tried to claw their way into his mouth. 

Their attack though had little effect on him aside from turning his direction away from my face as a pillar of fire burst into the air above, roasting the Phyllamorphs around his mouth and burning them all into ashes. 

More Phyllamorphs was zeroing in on us and attacking Vulthuryol, loosening the claws that dug into my flesh. I also took this moment to try and pry them open and escape his deathly grasp.

Junos figure was also rapidly approaching as she leaped through the air in an arc, towards the dragons back. 

Unexpectedly, Vulthuryol whipped his tail which slammed into Junos sides, sending her flying into the ruined building to the side, destroying the already crumbling exterior and sending debris flying about. 

『Shit!』(Juno)

Vulthuryol returned his sights to me and blew out a cloud of smoke from his nostrils, seemingly provoking me. My tail lashed from underneath him and slashed across the dragons left wing, ripping it open slightly.

In response, Vulthuryol lifted and slammed my body into the ground once before taking off into the air and escaping the encirclement of the Phyllamorphs.

We flew several meters high into the air but proved difficult for the dragon because of my relentless struggling. 

We left the outer area of the silent city and crossed the terrain disappearing far into the distance. 

I still persisted in clawing away at it's scales and my hard work was starting to pay off as claw marks were deepening and faint blood was staining my claws.

Rooooaarr! 

A loud roar shattered the silent cavern and alerted the creatures inside as I could see them all scurrying below us and realized that we were now quite high up. 

We passed under through a natural stone arc with the rushing waters below it, Vulthuryol shoving me into the river for a good few seconds before taking off into the air again. 

I caught my breath quickly and saw a rapidly approaching glowing mushroom ahead. As we passed it, my idle tail wrapped around the stalk tightly which caused us to stop mid air. 

His claws tugged at my shoulders abruptly and had enough force and momentum to rip out my bones and flesh. Gritting my teeth I persevered through the pain that assaulted my upper body and latched my claw around his ankle, pulling his body downwards as he lost his balance.

Crawling up his body, I slashed and tore his wings until our figures rammed into the cavern wall, directly above an underground lake.

We both tumbled and scraped our bodies against the hard rocky terrain and fell into the shallow end, which was the outer edge, of the lake. 

Splash! 

Our figures created waves and ripples in the waters. We both stood up at the same time and glared at each other. Our wounds were naturally healing at a rate visible to the eye and we're already forming new armored exoskeleton or scales. Showcasing the immense vitality we both held. 

Roooaar! 

Hissss! 

I once again lunged myself towards Vulthuryol and this time it was less embarrassing due to the fact he was prone to the ground and wasn't flying. The lack of its arms was an advantage to me since it was much harder for a frontal fight. Even though I was roughly half it's size, my standing figure was slightly taller than its lowered body on all fours. 

We collided together with my claws and his intertwined, both of us using raw strength to push one another back. Ridiculously though, I was being shoved back easily by Vulthuryol, and he even took moments to snap his jaws at my neck or head, which I had to narrowly avoid. 

Being overwhelmed so easily was something I hadn't felt in a long time and I felt complicated emotions about it. Amidst my thoughts came Vulthuryol's tail which slammed into my sides and nudged me over. He took that opening to bite down onto my neck and tore out a large chunk of flesh, swalling it whole and even was unfazed by my acidic blood.

I let out scream of agony and was pushed down onto my knees as Vulthuryol continued his onslaught. Juno could feel the extreme danger I was in and sped up her pace trying to catch up to us. 

『Jun, hold on a little longer! I'll be there soon! Please just wait a little bit!』(Juno)

My left arm went limp from too many tendons and muscles being torn out from my left torso, proving it more difficult to evade it's attacks. 

The lake was being dyed a light green from the blood I lost int his short amount of time. 

My vision was blurring and the pain was only getting stronger. All I could think about was how to escape right now, but that was unlikely.

It was then that I remembered a skill that I hadn't used yet. Berserker. In exchange of life force and energy I can temporarily boost my strength.

Vulthuryol had calmed down on it's rampage slightly as it took a liking to the taste of my flesh and blood. When it leaned in to take another bite from my neck, it's pupils constricted from the sudden burst of life and energy in my body. 

It's hind leg struck down onto my abdomen hard as it leaned down onto my body with all it's weight and force. 

My body grew in size and my wounds almost instantly recovered. The burst in power gave me an adrenaline boost, using it to grasp the dragons ankle and twisted my body, overthrowing it's balance as it fell into the shallow water.

I pulled myself up from the ground and launched my self onto it who struggled to get back up. My size was now about 15ft which was still small compared to its 20 something ft, but it was enough to show a vast difference from before.

We tumbled in the waters and I managed to step on its back, forcing it into the ground. My small victory was short-lived and was a stupid idea to put my weight in that one leg as shown by my figure being sent tripping backwards.

Vulthuryol got up and pushed it's legs sending himself backwards and crushing me into the cavern walls. 

He proceeded to then take off into the air and circled the lake dr above. Digging myself out from the wall and following the dragon, I could see the sparks from it's mouth and the rising fire inside it's chest to it's neck. 

Boom!

A several meter long pillar of fire surged from it's jaws and towards my direction. I avoided it narrowly by jumping to the side into a group of large glowing mushrooms. 

Vulthuryol stayed in the air and roared occasionally which shook the caverns and ripples the water on the lake below him.

Climbing the stalks of the mushroom, I stood atop the cap and watched as the dragon circled around once more and turned to face my direction. His profile flew towards me as it charged another breath of fire, spitting it directly at me. I didn't evade this time but leaped from the mushroom cap and rushed through the flames, crashing into his figure and chomping down on it's neck.

Just barely did my teeth sink into it's flesh, piercing through his scales. Vulthuryol didn't slow down and instead sped up as we crashed into the wall shaking it heavily and causing massive boulders from the ceiling to fall into the lake. 

I was stunned and almost fainted from the impact, but the next surging pain in my abdomen kept me awake. I hung from Vulthuryol's claws and we were now high above the center of the lake. 

Before I could react, I was dropped from the height and swiftly fell from the sky. Vulthuryol's figure becoming smaller rapidly and the winds around be whistled. The second impact from hitting the lake finally did me in, and my berserker form reverted back to my original self as I sunk deep into the lake.

Vulthuryol who was hovering above in the air spoke something in his dragon language before his chest started to turn a cold white color. A breathe of ice fell from above and transformed the lake into a frozen wasteland, ceiling myself in a prison of ice.

31