Chapter 37 Aspect of Chaos
662 11 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

〈 Shared POV 〉


『The problem with that is the Rift Gate was destroyed from the caverns' destruction.』 (Jun)

『So I can't help at all...?』 (Khercia)

『Not until we build another gate, sorry Khercia』 (Juno)

『That's okay』 (Khercia)

Khercia said her goodbyes after having a small talk with the two and left to attend to her business. Just before her connection cut off we could sense the urgency over on her side, so Juno decided not to hold her back any longer. Thus leaving the two who were still sitting at the bottom of the lake.

『Jun, I feel a little hot』 (Juno)

The water surrounding Juno was heating up, bubbles rushing to the surface as a small vortex started to form with her at the center. What was happening to her didn't seem to be a threat to herself, but it was a problem for him as the heat was getting hotter and hotter, boiling the water a few seconds after she had spoken. 

『Eva, what's going on with Juno's body?』 (Jun)

『Eva?』 (Jun)

There was no response from the System, and it was only until now that the connection or presence it had within them was no longer there. What was left was an empty shell that was still operating, meaning the features and such were still available but Eva wasn't. 

Now there was another problem they didn't know about. Why had Eva suddenly disappeared? Jun had a bad premonition from this but put it aside as he swam further into the distance. 


〈 Jun's POV 〉

200 meters away I sat atop a reef covered in beautiful growing corals inhabited by small sea creatures. 

What I saw in the distance where Juno currently was, was a massive vortex tens of meters wide. 

There was nothing bad going on with her, from what I could tell by our connection, and after thinking about it, I realized she was going through an evolution. 

But this...

『This is quite the dramatic evolution don't you think...』 

I said to no one in particular and wondered if my next evolution would also be such an eye-catching event.


〈 Juno's POV 〉

I had fallen asleep again, despite my efforts trying to stay awake. The last I could see was Jun carefully placing my figure on the soft sand and disappearing into the distance. 

It had been less than an hour since I woke up but I was beginning to fall back to sleep again, and once I did, strangely I was still aware of my surroundings and the changes my body was going through. So it's better to say I was 'paralyzed' rather than sleeping. 

【Hello child】 

『Who are you?』 

【I am you. The representation of your will. Who are you?】 

『I'm Juno』

【Wrong】

『...what?』

【That isn't who YOU are】

『I don't understand』

【You will very shortly】

The heavy presence that overlooked me disappeared leaving me perplexed.

I had a sort of third-person view of my body which was molting its exoskeleton, layer after layer, rapidly growing in size.

9ft

10ft

11ft

12ft

13ft

14ft

15ft

17ft

19ft

24ft

Even when I witnessed and felt the explosive growth of my body, I was still a little stunned. I had tripled my previous height and even doubled over Jun's, making his giant figure look like a child's. Why was I growing so much? 

The head-crest which extended the back of my elongated head enlargened and developed more ridges and sharp, blade-like curved tips, numbering up to 8 on both sides. The front of which curved forwards like two pincers, while the other three curved backwards. At the center-back of my head-crest had a pointed tip. 

A generic shape of a Queen xenomorph. 

The dorsal spines on back reverted back to their solid needle-like appearance, 8 of them even on both sides with another 5 extending from the spine along the back of my body. 

My tail grew much longer in comparison to my height, stretching to an absurd 41ft. 

Different from the Queen xenomorph, I didn't grow an extra pair of smaller arms. 

I realized right then and there, after witnessing my growth from another point of view that I had evolved into a true, bonafide Queen. 

[The skill 'Rapid Revolution' has merged with the Chaos energy within your body. New skill and title obtained] 

[Aspect of Chaos]

[Description: All types of energy are rejected, creating a destructive field around you.]

〈 Status 〉

Titles: Queen — ???

Blessing: Arkay (+25 VIT) 

Name: Juno

Race: Chaos Alien

Height 24ft — Length 41-45ft

STR 950 — END 700 — DEX 600 — VIT 675

WIS 125 — Magika 100 — Luck 5 — Manipulation 88

EVO points 131 — DNA points 17

Chaos Energy — 0

⟨ Skills ⟩

Aspect of Chaos: 7%

Acid Claws: 100%

All of my stats had jumped by 200 points, except for dexterity as it had decreased by 200. It was reasonable given my much larger frame and mass. But the skill 'Aspect of Chaos' was rather interesting to me. A semi gas-like state? What does that mean? I can turn into half gas half me? I don't know, and I couldn't test it out because of the lack of chaos energy. I'll have to wait until I return to Chaos to try it out... 

My point of view had returned and I immediately understood why the water around me was boiling and swirling in a vortex. This Aspect of Chaos title is rejecting the Magika around me, and because everything has Magika, including water, this reaction was to be expected.

『But... But...』 (Juno)

『Whats wrong?』 (Jun)

I turned towards my brother's approaching figure that swam slowly from the coral reef he once sat atop. It felt a little funny to now be the one looking down on him, but I had no mood to laugh right now. I wanted to cry in fact.

『My fireball! Waaaaaahhh~』 (Juno)

Juno thus began rubbing her non-existent tears from her non-existent eyes, unaware of Jun's struggling to stay in position outside of the vortex.

Jun gave up in trying to get closer to Juno and backed away a little, just outside the range of the vortex, sitting on the sand.

10 minutes later Juno finally finished throwing a tantrum and calmed down enough to talk to Jun who had waited patiently for her. 

『Brother -sniff-』 (Juno)

『Have you calmed down now?』 (Jun)

『Yes...』 (Juno)

Juno stood on all fours with her head lowered, still sulking a little, and with her every step the vortex followed.

Jun who was sitting down previously stood back up, holding his ground with clenched claws around a nearby rock.

However, what he thought to be a simple vortex, wasn't. Jun could also see Juno's status and the new skill/title, Aspect of Chaos, but what he wasn't able to know was the actual experience and inherent knowledge it came with, that was only known by... Well, actually having it. 

『It seems... For now, we're unable to get closer to each other』 (Juno)

『I can see that』 (Jun)

『No! I mean, we really can't get close together, because I will reject you?』 (Juno)

『You're rejecting me?』 (Jun)

『No no no! I uh... Magnets!』 (Juno)

『Go on』 (Jun)

『Negative repels positive!』 (Juno)

She had said it with so much confidence that Jun found it a little hard to tell her the truth, as well as suppress the rising chuckle within his throat.

『Those are opposites, Juno, positive and negative magnets attract each other, but I understand what you're trying to say』 (Jun)

For now, the two can only stay at a 50+ meter distance apart from each other. 

『Even though we can't get closer than 50 meters in the water, it'll probably be less of a problem above ground』 (Jun)

The two swam within the lake, searching for stable land to plant their future course of actions.

 

29