Chapter 38 Elven village
599 6 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

〈 Eva's POV 〉


Somewhere within the void floated a blue mass of energy. 

Drifting, wandering, for eternity, and beyond. 

[What happened...] I wondered to myself and was answered by another voice.

【Your hosts are unconscious and will be that way for a while, which is why we brought you here for... a negotiation】 (Kynareth)

[Who are you? And where am I?]

【We are the rulers of this small world. Our worshippers call us the nine great faiths and gods of Tamriel】 (Julianos

[How can I believe what all of you say is true?]

【I don't think you have a choice but to, kid】 (Arkay)

An overwhelming force of death aura circled around my body, creeping up against me before disappearing as if it was never there. Taunting me, ridiculing me, looking down on me...

【That's enough】 (Akatosh)

A booming voice echoed within the void and the death aura immediately dissipated. The other presences around me also calmed down and seemed to have taken a step back.

【We brought you here to talk about the future of Nirn, our world】 (Zenithar)

[What does Nirn have to do with me?]

【Jun and Juno will soon die by Alduins might, and with their death, you will die as well】 (Mara)

【We need you alive to save our world from outsiders】 (Stendarr)

[You're asking me to protect your world? What do we get out of it? What do I get out of it?] 

【Whatever it shall be, we will reward you with it】 (Akatosh

[...Okay, what do I need to do?] 

【Inside of you, at your very core, is a star. Do you feel it?】 (Julianos)

[Yeah, it feels... kind of like a vortex, sucking everything into it and destroying it] 

【Wonderful, now, all you need to do is focus on that vortex and we will pour our divinity into you to stabilize said vortex】 (Julianos)

[Okay, I'm ready]

【Not now sweetie, a little later】 (Mara)

【Yes, very shortly the twins will engage with Alduin, their two armies colliding and a large war will break out. Their fight will cause the world barrier to fluctuate and become fragile, but when your time comes we can stabilize the world barrier and help the twins survive Alduins attacks】 (Julianos)

Their plan was filled with holes, and unreliable, so I had my guard up. Like one of them already said, I had no chance but to believe in them. For now, at least, I'll follow along with their plans...


〈 Twins POV 〉

We finally found land after 8 days of swimming.

And the first thing we discovered was footprints belonging to humans. Multiple footprints in fact. There was also a faint fishy smell in the area.

『Fishermen?』 (Juno)

『Most likely. Let's follow their tracks』 (Jun)

『Okay~』 (Juno)

The twins followed the tracks and left the rocky shore of the ocean-like lake they swam across. 

Their trip was pretty smooth-sailing, with not many obstacles or threats in the way, which allowed the two to relax for the first time.

『Childish』 (Juno)

Juno who was now twice the height of Jun picked him up from the ground and placed him atop a large boulder that was in the way.

『Awe, I couldn't help it~ You're just so cute and tiny!』 (Juno)

『Hmph』 (Jun)

『Did you just- Are you a tsundere Jun?』 (Juno)

『I'm going』 (Jun)

『Wait for me!』 (Juno)

Jun wasn't all that bothered by his new treatment from Juno, in fact, he liked it a little. Obviously, he didn't show it. But just let her do as she pleased without.

They passed by small ponds and Juno would flick some of the water onto Jun's body.

Suddenly, the scent of fish and mushrooms became heavier and the twins slowed in their tracks.

"I'm telling you, Thaorus, what I saw wasn't a hallucination!" (Laemire)

"Look, Laemire, Dragons don't swim in underground lakes. What you saw cant be real, and if it was, why haven't we heard of any dragon sightings around these parts since this small village was established?" (Thaorus)

"Please, Thaorus, you have to believe me! We need to leave right now, take our stuff, and escape before the dragon's attack!" (Laemire)

"Sigh. How about you take me to the lake, and show me where you saw the dragon, alright? I'm sure it was probably just a rotten giant mushroom that you saw" (Thaorus)

"Well... maybe you're right, and it is just a giant mushroom. Okay, follow me then" (Laemire)

The humans we thought to be, were Altmer's, a race of High Elves, and they were now walking our way.

Juno's bloodlust was rising with every step they took and she was ready to pounce onto them if it wasn't for my intervention.

『Jun?』 (Juno)

『Let's capture them first and then the Elven village』 (Jun)

『Okay...』 (Juno)

The twins waited behind the rocks and boulders silently in the shadows. When the elves were close enough to them, they lunged at elves, knocking them out swiftly.

Dragging their bodies to the side, they continued their stealthy ambush on the Elven village.


"Caemor, do you feel like something strange is happening in the village?" (Aedius)

"Yeah... it's a little quiet. Wait, where is everyone? LARAETHUS!! THILINORE!!" (Caemor)

Silence.

"Something isn't right here, what should we do?" (Aedius)

In the far distance away, Caemor suddenly saw a large shadowy blur run from behind one house to another, almost scaring him stiff.

"Quick, summon your familiars!" (Caemor)

Aedius was a little slow but still manage to summon her familiars in time, and the two stood back to back.

"Caemor..." (Aedius)

"Shhh!" (Caemor)

The two waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Nothing.

There was no noise apart from the small gusts of wind and the twos heavy breathing. 

Such a lack of response from whatever was out there didn't relieve them but did the opposite as the two became tenser over time.

Crack

"Over there!" (Caemor)

Caemor threw a ball of flame towards a tent to his right, about 20 meters away.

Fwoosh 

The tent lit aflame and now the sounds of crackling fire filled their ears.

"W-what was it?" (Aedius)

"I-I don't know!! I don't know! It was big and white!" (Caemor)

"Maybe it was a frost troll?" (Aedius)

"No... It was too big to be a frost troll" (Caemor)

The two continued to stare at the burning tent while glancing at the surroundings, trying to find out where their attacker was.

"Damnit! Just show yourself, you bastard!" (Caemor)

Caemor threw another ball of flame towards another tent but was too agitated at the moment to notice the sneaking black figure to his left. Aedius, however, happened to see the tail of the hidden creature and squeaked.

"Eep! T-t-t-t-there! Over there! Behind you Caemor!" (Aedius)

"Aaargh!" (Caemor)

He swung his staff to his left and twisted his body to face whatever it was behind him, but discovered that nothing was there.

"Aedius! What did you see? Where did it go?" (Caemor)

Silence

"Aedius?" (Caemor)

Silence

"Please... don't joke with me right now..." (Caemor)

He forcefully turned his stiff neck around very slowly, not sure whether to look or not, but he couldn't stop now as he continued to turn his head around. And what he saw almost scared him to death.

"AAAAAAAHHH!!!-" (Caemor)

In front of him, not even a few inches away, was a wide-open jaw dripping with saliva. Its lack of eyes and its large crest-shaped head gave it a sense of horror and beauty at the same time, causing him to faint on the spot.


『That was really fun!』 (Juno)

『It was a little exciting... different from the adrenaline fighting gives you』 (Jun)

『Right? I mean, I guess this was why xenomorphs preferred to stalk their prey and kill them quietly, rather than how we've been just going straight at them』 (Juno)

『Yeah. We should do more stealth hunting, Only if we have the leisure to. We're not exactly suited for it with our appearances anymore』 (Jun)

『Okay~ By the way, why did you want to capture the elves instead of eating them?』 (Juno)

『We need more drones』 (Jun)

『But I don't have the parasitic saliva anymore?』 (Juno)

『I know』 (Jun)

『Then...?』 (Juno)

Jun simply stared at Juno's body without saying anything, as if she already knew the answer herself.

『Wait, you mean...』 (Juno)

『Yes. You're a Queen now, and all Queens can produce eggs』 (Jun)

『Awe...』 (Juno)


〈 Current Progress 〉

⟨ Status ⟩

Titles: Prince — Awakened

Blessing: Kynareth (+25 DEX)

Name: Jun

Race: Progenitor Alien

Height 12.5ft — Length 18-22ft

STR 650 — END 800 — DEX 375 — VIT 800

WIS 115 — Magika 323 — Luck 9 — Manipulation 90

EVO Points 131 — DNA points 17

⟨ Status ⟩

Titles: Queen — ???

Blessing: Arkay (+25 VIT)

Name: Juno

Race: Chaos Alien

Height 24ft — Length 41-45ft

STR 950 — END 700 — DEX 600 — VIT 675

WIS 125 — Magika 100 — Luck 5 — Manipulation 88

EVO points 131 — DNA points 17

Chaos Energy — 0

⟨ Skills ⟩
Juno

Aspect of Chaos: 7%
Acid Claws: 100%

Jun

Berserker: 7%
Virus Command: 62%
Symbiote Saliva: 4%

⟨ Hives ⟩
World: Chaos
Stage: 5
Race: Phyllamorphs
Empress: 1
Queen: 3
Praetorians: 811
Ravagers: 183,376
Strikers: 4,795
Warriors: 3,242,711
Drones: 6,781,907
Scouts: 1,402,879

World: Resident Evil
Stage: 0
Race: Bio-organic Weapons
Zombies: 0
Lickers: 107
Tyrants: 2
Abominations: 7
Super Abominations: 1

World: Vivarium
Stage: 0
Race: N/A

World: Skyrim
Stage: 0
Race: Phyllamorphs
Drones: 1

Eva is about to make a deal with some shady Gods.
  • No worries, Eva always has a plan Votes: 37 77.1%
  • Eva is a useless system so she's gonna get scammed Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Who's Eva? Votes: 5 10.4%
Total voters: 48 · This poll was closed on May 1, 2021 10:11 AM.
23