Chapter 173: Those Who Have Power
234 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

      Cecilia sat down. She operated the controls of the mechanism that they were using to contact one another. She also made sure that no one was watching her. Not even Natalya could take a peek at this. Would they even try?

“I regret to inform you,” Cecilia said to the ‘ears’ listening to her. “That we are currently threatened by the faction of Bellatrix. She has come to this city in hopes that she and her husband could do what they want with the sphere.”

Cecilia sent her report to them through electronic mail. Upon seeing the electronic mail, they were clearly baffled by what the couple wanted. At first it was anger, with curses and swearing, then careful regaining of their senses. They understood at the end that they were facing two monsters who have the power, economy, and military to make a mess of their city.

If Natalya Wilde wanted to, the Old Magi would have not existed. It was because she was neutral and sold her help that she had relations with many countries and established Lazon and the Angelus Company as one of the world’s richest sponsor and investor magnate. Not to mention that although many had forgotten, she was now backed by one of the people who is said to have been the one who indirectly created the HOUNDS and the Magiborne whose blood and DNA are considered to be valuable. Not to mention that during the time he was active, he had supported the technological marvels that Holmia created and directly funded them, accelerating the technology of Athesia and Holmia.

“Think of this clearly,” one of her senior Magi said. “At the moment we cannot stand them. Our secretive nature has always been our proudest weapon, but as ages come and pass, especially in this time, it has made it harder to have power.”

“And if our greatest foe has returned, the end of the ages of sparks, how can we stay still?”

The one who sealed the sparks was a threat to the Magi. But at the same time they were thankful that the sparks were limited because of how dangerous it was if another Exiled being appears in the world. The thought of a being with extreme powers and the ability to weave spells in a non-limited world puts a shiver in their hearts.

“Then do you intend to bend over?” one of the Senior Magi criticized. “Let them just do what they want!? This is our CITY. When we took this place, when we guarded this sanctuary called Haymouth, we were given the task to protect the home of the Magi. Now you are letting them drain the vitality of Haymouth? You are all putting the lives of others for the sake of bending over!?”

One of the calmer voices answered. “They have the manpower, the weapons, and even the numbers. Even if it's Lady Death herself that attacks us, do you think that we could stand a chance? I saw what happened to poor Minerva, how she died, how brutal her death was. Even the Ghost of Dinia didn’t use his abilities to seal her up.”

“We are not as powerful as before. Although our plan to strengthen the spark using the revelation of it would bring us more power, do you think that they wouldn’t as well? Natalya, she is a dangerous woman who has managed to rival our powers in these fifty-seven years. Within a few decades, she is someone we cannot ignore. She is now threatening a piece of our land, and for what reason? To ‘help’ the world from a coming disaster that her husband had seen. It almost feels like a sick joke. How two individuals could be so blessed and cursed.”

“The people,” one of her seniors muttered, “they are part of Haymouth. Our colleagues, they would oppose any threat to this city. But I saw it, no, you all know that their airship carrier is just hovering above the air, waiting to take action.”

Their mobile fortress was a masterpiece. It was a symbol of their power and the ‘pride’ of the Confederacy. It was heavily protected with layers of shielding personally crafted by the Lady of Death herself. Even Cecilia admits how awful it was to have such a mobile fortress hovering. She couldn’t expect that in just fifty years they would go from having fragile planes to such engineering marvels.

“So what do we do? We just let this all go?”

“I don’t think so,” Cecilia said. “They have resolved themselves. There is merit to what they wanted to do and if Sir Mavin’s idea works, then it could save us some trouble. His past records, although hateful to the Magi, were acted upon for the greater good. We cannot deny this.”

His actions were for the good of his people. No one could deny Mavin Tomas’s intentions. But at the same time his intentions cost so much that only a fool would take it lightly.

Persuasion wouldn’t work, so they immediately went to threaten them. It was their right and they have the power to do so. If anything, it was kinder to threaten this way, at least they would have the time to evacuate anyone who might be involved in this coming tragedy.

If they had time.

They could have labelled them as Tyrants.

Oppressors who would damned an entire city for their selfish act. What made them act this way was worrying to Cecilia.

“So what is our choice?”

“Let’s talk it out. Violence will not solve this. No, we must avoid this, but we will remember this dearly.”

“I understand.”

The voices died. She was left alone sitting in the room. Cecilia held her head and looked at her hands. Her eyes were unfocused. Her lips were frowning at the thought of this problem. It wouldn’t be long until those two take action.

Helpless, it was helpless. She could find a way, but considering that those two’s minds were set on doing this. Cecilia could only approach them again.

9