Chapter 14 **Halted Happiness**
84 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Aubrey’s obvious frantic nature was seeping out to everyone else in the palace and it became absolutely obvious upon what was going on to others that were around at the time.

The obsessiveness over her ‘Puppy’ even surprises her when she later finds out how aggressive she becomes but it was a rage…She literally only has one thing on her mind and does not even know that she has hurt anyone that was trying to stop or control her.

The Alpha King was even pushed aside as he tried to endure her little temper tantrum!
“Go back to your room!” He yelled at her, but no words registered in her mind…She was looking for her Puppy and that was it!

 

 

With the commotion going on in the palace with Princess Aubrey, not only did Norman find out, but that too of Derek.

The fact that an Omega was being hidden away in the palace really caught a lot of attention and seeing an Alpha go absolutely crazy looking for it was driving everyone into hysterics…Except that of Derek.

He had only been out and walked past the side of the palace, never intending to get involved but this…This was Omega news!

Following the tracks of a strange, beserking Alpha Female, Derek came to a stop upon where she did and saw her pulling at her hair.

 

“Stop…It stops here!”

Derek narrowed his eyes at this information and watches the Princess go crazy around the area.

Could…Could the Princess be of help to him and his goal?

They didn’t have the best past but if she was like this because of an Omega, there might be a chance that they could become allies!

Derek watched the Alpha Princess continue to go crazy around one area and figured that the Omega’s smell or tracks had stopped there.

He didn’t particularly want to get in her way, sort of hoping that the Omega would become known about at the very least so that it would help him bring them back out from being outcasts but…The Alpha Princess didn’t seem to go elsewhere from this spot and ended up trembling like crazy as she knelt down and started to mumble.

 

Getting courage to get closer to her, Derek heard the names of ‘Oscar’ and ‘Puppy’, then that of telling herself that he will be back and that he hadn’t run away from her.

Bending down, the Alpha Princess suddenly took his collar, making him end up on his back and her on top of him, “You, you have the smell!”

Widening his eyes in a bit of panic, Derek had never had this happen before!

He took precautions in making sure that he didn’t take his Xander’s smell outside of his mother’s quarters!

How did the Alpha Princess so easily find out!?

 

“That smell…That smell isn’t Oscar! Where’s Oscar! I’m his teddy bear, he wouldn’t leave without his teddy bear!”

Watching the Alpha Princess seem to daze out, still holding onto his collar, Derek felt like he needed to leave before anyone else found out that he could be connected to an Omega!

Pushing her off him, Derek looked around and went towards a deserted area, only to quickly find out that the Alpha Princess was continuing to follow him!

This wasn’t good!

His Omega will be found out at this rate!

 

 

Spending what seemed to be hours to loss the Alpha Princess, Derek only had the courage to go back home when he had not seen the Alpha Princess in a long time.

That was a little scary! He admitted to himself.

He had not acted out his goal yet, only coming up with ideas, so this would have completely stopped his goal from being achieved!

Keeping an eye out, Derek made his way back home and finally made it to his mother’s quarters, after eating a dazed dinner with his father and stepmother.

 

His father had brought up the fact that an Omega had been talked about in the palace, but Derek didn’t utter a word.

What did come into Derek’s thoughts were of if it came to a point that he had to get Xander away from here…Where was he to go?

Where was it safe for his Omega? Nowhere…Nowhere was safe…

Unable to eat beyond this thought, Derek made his way to Xander’s side, wanting his mate’s warmth.

…But he had never expected that, upon entering into his mother’s quarters, he’d suddenly find the Alpha Princess suddenly appear.

He wasn’t quick enough to stop her and ran behind her running figure, which led directly towards Xander!

 

Upon seeing Xander’s figure, just sitting at the window, obviously different to that of Oscar, the Alpha Princess stopped still and bluntly said, “I knew it but…You’re not Oscar.”

Xander saw Derek come up to him in a flash, standing with his back to him, “Alpha Princess.”

This was not something he had wanted to happen! He had spent so long to stop her from coming here!

What should he do now!?

“Oscar’s gone, do you know where he is?” The Alpha Princess asked.

Xander was shocked, he had met this person before after all, but…It seemed she was not thinking of the past at all!

Not knowing upon who Oscar was, Xander shook his head from the side of Derek, “I’m sorry, Princess, but I don’t know who Oscar is.”

 

“Puppy?” The Alpha Princess asked seriously.

Xander again shook his head. He’d never met…

“Lucky?”

Looking up at the Princess, Xander took a moment before saying, “I haven’t seen Lucky since the brothel, Princess.”

Derek turned somewhat, to look at Xander looking over his shoulder, and was stunned.

So…The missing Omega. Xander knows him!?

At the brothel?

“You know him? Help me find him!” The Alpha Princess took two steps forwards, before Derek’s attention shifted completely to the Alpha Princess, “Stop there!”

“But I can’t find Oscar.” The Alpha Princess stated dumbly.

 

Derek put Xander right behind him, so that he couldn’t be seen, and continued to watch the Princess.

This was bad…

An overly protective Alpha is hard to tolerate for anyone!

“Help me, help me find him!” The Alpha Princess pleaded, putting her hands together. “Please!”

Derek thought quickly, hoping that the Princess’s want for the Omega would be enough, “You must promise me to keep this Omega a secret and…I’m the one that will help you.”

“Yes, yes, secret.” The Alpha Princess finally smiled slightly and nodded her head eagerly.

Derek sighed. Now, not only did he have to find somewhere else to hide Xander, he had to help look for another Omega!

So, even before he started to act out his goal for giving Omega’s back their freedom, he was already too busy to start it!

 

Derek turned to Xander and took him into his embrace, “It seems that I have to look for someone, so I won’t be staying.”

Xander looked from Derek, to the Alpha Princess and back to him, “Lucky isn’t a bad person, you should go and find him.”

Frowning to the fact that Xander was talking about another man in front of him, Derek could only sigh.

Taking Xander’s face into his hands, Derek touched his lips to his, gently savoring the taste…

Xander put his arms around Derek’s neck, unable to stop himself from feeling giddy, even though there were others in the room!

He hadn’t seen Derek all day, and if he were to leave again, Xander wanted to make this one intimate gesture last forever!

 

But, of course, everything seems to have an end and Derek pulled back, putting his forehead against Xander. “I’ll be back, just relax and take it easy, mmm?”

Looking over at Scott, Derek saw him nod and so…He was just about ready to walk towards the Alpha Princess and take her away, when an even worse sight came before him.

“What the hell is he doing here!?”

None other then his own father had come, seeing Xander once again, the very same Omega that he had bought a long time ago!

 

Derek was shocked, his father was not to find out! If anyone was not to find Xander here, it was him!

“Speak!” Norman yelled, showing his aura in complete rage.

Even though Norman’s Alpha aura didn’t effort Derek and the Alpha Princess very much, it infected Xander to the point of having to hold himself up.

Not knowing how to suddenly defend himself, all Derek could do was slowly walk towards Xander and stop him from being seen.

“It’s a little too late for that boy!” Norman yelled.

“I have no time for this!” The Alpha Princess stated, quickly walking up to take Derek’s hand, “I need to find Oscar!”

“Wait, no, not now!” Derek stated getting his hand from her.

“I will not wait!” The Alpha Princess stated aggressively and got his hand again.

 

A power of an overprotective Alpha who had lost their Omega was quite overwhelming and Derek was dragged out, even though he was doing his all in getting his hand back! If he got his and back, then she would take his other hand, if he got his other hand back, she would get his collar!

“No!” Derek stated, not willing to leave his father and Xander in the same room alone!

His father might go to the extent of killing him!

“No!” He said again, breaking away from the Alpha Princess and trying to make his way back to Xander but then he was suddenly hit on his head.

Letting out a groan, Derek squinted to the pain, and short dizzy spell overcoming him, and he lifted his head to see his father walking slowly towards Xander.

Derek could clearly see that Xander was scared, Xander was trying to hide in the corner…He had to help him…

His sight seemed to grow further away and before he could understand what was going on, he had left because the Alpha Princess had forced him to...

 

 

“I thought you were dead.” Norman stated, now in front of the cowering Xander.

It was obvious that Xander would not be a threat to him but nonetheless, Norman very much disliked this Omega because of his son’s want for him…Especially when it seemed to have never disappeared!

Yes, he saw them embracing each other just moments ago!

“What to do with you…” Norman stated, contemplating.

The Omega in front of him was still a secret, but he had to do something to get him away from his son!

Walking right up towards Xander, Xander fell to the floor, in the corner and whimpered, the Alpha aura stopping him from being able to defend himself in any way.

“Alpha Norman, I have been given the task of…” Scott started to say.

Norman interrupted him, “And you will say you tried your hardest to prevent me from taking him!”

 

Scott flinched and took a deep breath, “The Omega is pregnant, Sir. It would be Master Derek’s first child, please don’t harm him!”

Norman stopped and stared at the Omega. “…Pregnant you say?”

“Yes, sir!” Scott wanted to say more but couldn’t. The Alpha aura released by Norman was almost making him unable to breath and it seemed like there was nothing he could do!

“You did well, Scott. Tell my son that since the Omega is pregnant, I won’t harm him but…The Omega will stay under my own authority and a place where only I will hold the key! He is to see me directly upon his return! Understood!?”

With that, Norman yanked Xander’s arm and with no effort at all, Xander was forced to follow after the Alpha while trembling and nearly tripping with every step he took.

 

“Master…” Scott stammered, not sure what else to do.

He had seen his master in true happiness and now…Now he had let his happiness be taken away!

How shameful!

Scott clenched his fists and was determined to discretely follow after the Alpha but…Even if he followed the Alpha and Xander for five minutes, Scott ended up falling to a dead faint to the Alpha aura being continuously let out.

“Master…” Scott whispered before his head hit the floor.

 

 

Xander got pushed into what looked like a place that was meant for animals. The reason why Xander could see this as such…Was because there was a big wolf in the cell next to him.

“You’re not allowed to die until you give birth!” Was all Norman stated, before walking off, with the cell door already locked now.

Xander put a hand to his stomach protectively, taking a step towards the back of the room and used it to fall to the ground in defeat. With the Alpha aura no longer stopping him from breathing and shaking like a leaf, Xander finally understood the implications upon what was now happening.

…He should have known that the happy times would come to an end…

He should have known that Derek would not be able to protect him and their child…

…Was it worth it?

 

Xander closed his eyes, to see Derek’s wonderful smile and then let out a sob, covering his face with his hand.

Their relationship had changed so much!

It wasn’t just a brotherly one now, it wasn’t just of wanting to make the other smile…Xander could feel how Derek loved him every single day since they had finally made amends.

The compassion and happiness they felt had almost been like a dream!

They had continuously made each other smile and held each other like real lovers for a few weeks now. Xander had gotten used to sleeping next to Derek, gotten used to Derek’s playful and teasing remarks of his height again. Even though they had been able to stay in his mother’s quarters, it had been like a world made up just for them, a whole world without anyone else!

 

…Has it come to an end then? Will I even see him again?

Hearing a growl, Xander jumped and peeked out from his hand, to see the wolf growling at him, watching him…Watching him like he was something to eat!

He was scared…

This type of predicament was not looking good…

With Derek’s father letting him live to give birth, yet having to put me into a cell in his control, could only mean that as far as Derek’s father was concerned…Xander only had one good thing going for him…

Was there anything that he could do, to try and help himself?

 

Slowly getting up, not having much energy still, Xander then tried to move the cell bars but no, they were tightly closed and locked. He really was stuck here…

Having been so distracted by the Alpha aura, Xander wouldn’t even know how he came to be here, so even if he did really get out, he wouldn’t know in which direction he had to go to flee.

Hearing a yelp, Xander looked over at the wolf and saw it move around, like it was in pain.

Not having the courage to get too close, Xander sat down a good distance away from the connecting bars and watched the wolf.

 

It didn’t take long to understand what was going on, as the wolf panted.

Ah, it was giving birth to pups…

“Shh…” Xander whispered. “It’s ok, shh.”

The wolf looked at him, almost like tracking where the noise came from and let out a slight growl, only to slightly move again and pant.

“I’m not going to hurt you.” Xander stated, not moving an inch from his area but trying to keep his voice low.

The wolf let out a snort through its nose and Xander watched, cooing the she wolf on, all the while wondering if it will be painful to give birth.

 

He knew about male Omega’s giving birth, that they needed an operation as they didn’t really have a birth canal.

The fact that he was a male was also a reason why his pregnancy will be slightly hastened, as instead of being pregnant for nine or ten months, a male will only be pregnant for four or five months.

They had not completely finished the science of male Omega’s but with what they had on record, it seems the male Omega’s bodies were forced to change but since they were forced to change, the time for pregnancy had to be changed too…But they didn’t hold that much more information upon why male Omega’s could not only get pregnant but had less time in being pregnant.

 

The wolf let out a huff, as it’s third pup was now in the outside world and Xander smiled lightly, “Good girl! Good girl!”

Lazily looking at him, the wolf put down it’s head then to lick the third pup, having licked the first two already.

It looks so tired yet, already was so devoted to its pups…

Watching the wolf fall into sleep, after licking the third pup, Xander then looked around, to only find straw. There was no buckets or blankets, so that he could do his deeds in or get warmer. There wasn’t even a window…

Wanting to relieve himself, Xander tried to hold it in, as he was worried that he would wake up the wolf that had just worked so hard to give birth.

 

 

Having waited for what felt like hours, Xander couldn’t hold it anymore and risked waking up the sleeping wolf by yelling out.

After yelling out, and getting a low, short growl from the she wolf, finally someone came, “What do ya want!?”

“I need to relieve myself, please.” Xander stated.

“Just do it in the bucket!” The person stated.

Xander shook his head, “I don’t have a bucket.”

“Oh…” Said the man, who immediately left, only to come out a few seconds later.

 

“Step back!” He stated, waiting for Xander to be at the other end of the wall, before he unlocked the cell and placed the bucket just inside the door.

Quickly, the man locked it again and was just about to walk outside again, when the wolf growled at him.

“Shut up, you mutt!” He yelled, hitting the bars and making both the wolf and Xander flinch.

“Oh, I see! Haha, just what the Master wanted! Hey kid, you’ve brought us luck! We’ve been waiting for her to give birth for days!” The man stated smiling, then quickly left.

2