Wave Arc – First Jonin Reset
96 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the cell broken, Kakashi rounded on the assassin, interrupting his counter.  With the change in tide, the two strafed across the water, gathering their bearings and locking on to one another.

The surface beneath their feet rippled, textured scars featured by the tumultuous mass that was the water cloying beneath them.

Even the added distance, the surf, and the span of land between them, Sasuke felt his nerve twinge in response to the ferocity of two jonin at each other's throats.

The current was enough to cut wedges into the shore, and - as Naruto floated helpless and close to one savage stream - their apex rose in the form of winged serpents, snarling.  Moulded by the wake of titans, that which loomed beside the blonde surged ahead.

Zabuza sheared his weight across Kakashi’s stance, trying to overwhelm the dichromatic’s strength.  Kakashi however was tenacious as he was revered, and despite his best efforts, every ounce of his strength was equalized without an ounce of ground lost.

The mirroring tried his nerve, and with one last push…

The colliding serpents reeled back, the turmoil between them shifting for one final attack.  One to set the scales.  The rise and fall for these ninja.  The sea beneath them rose, the writhing head of the leviathan concealed no more.  With the appearance of its jaws, a whirl of ocean currents lashed out, and the sea monster grasped at anything within reach.

To Zabuza’s dismay, Kakashi reacted first, and thus it was the swordsman who discovered the brunt of the onslaught.

Feelers lurched at the edge of the sea.  Flooding the chinks and channels with a horrendous torque.  A dreadful swing carved a path through the bordering forest, with Zabuza’s body at the helm.  Limbs cracked, pebbles shredded anything in its way, and the current reaped that which was his momentum in battle.

As the Leviathan retreated to its lair, Kakashi loomed overhead with a kunai drawn, “I hope you're satisfied, cause this is the last battle you will ever see.”

1