Chapter 32 Caribbean
1.5k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the Caribbean Sea, deep blue seas were surrounded by bright green islands, which beautifully showcased the beautiful beach landscape. These islands were numerous, and they provide a quiet space for both locals and tourists to play around in.

With the plentiful gathering corals formations at the edges of the beach, this is the place had become an amazing destination, providing underwater diving and snorkeling services.

The calm crystal water surrounding the beach is a popular local attraction, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Under the moonless, starry night sky, two glowing white luxury yachts were quietly floating on the sea.

The beautiful body shadows and the sweet angelic waves of laughter made the entire Caribbean Sea permeate with an air of paradise.

In the spacious jacuzzi on the roof of the yacht, David sat naked in the tub along with a couple of world-class beauties, looking up at the sky full of stars.

After a while, a blonde classy lady walked over with a bottle of champagne along with several glasses in her hand. Her tempting pair of long shapely legs attracted David's undivided attention.

Only after serving them with drinks did David remove his eyes on the attractive lady. The several ladies in swimsuits enjoyable took a sip of their champagne while moving closer to David.

After a set of drinks, David whispered something on the slim woman beside him. She looked up at him with a hint of shyness but still slowly stretched out her hand below the waters.

Under David's hungry gaze, the woman generously serviced him.

They were currently in the Caribbean, spending some time to distract their minds and relax. Yes, Allen tempted him again to go out to have fun.

David truly didn't know where he was getting these women that were so beautiful. From their looks, they seemed to be from Europe, some looked classy, and some had beauty comparable to dolls.

Gazing towards an area close to his yacht, another yacht was quietly hovering around. That is where Allen was staying.

They had rented yachts and houses to play around on a certain island in the Caribbean.

Looking at their booking schedule, it seems like they have a lot of free time in their lives, but David was only biding his time.

Netscape now has an official date. However, it was still two months away. David had already done his preparation which was why he could spare some time to explore the beauty of life and practice nature's most primal exercise.

Some time afterward, soft footsteps disturbed the stillness lingering in the air. The intimacy in the jacuzzi seemed to have been ignored by the blonde classy lady who came over as she softly spoke.

"A call came on the phone."

"Oh, just put it here. Thanks."

The well-mannered lady only nodded before turning and leaving.

The slim woman servicing him along with the other stopped and looked at him for a moment. David put down the glass of champagne on the side, wiped the water on his hands, and then picked up the phone.

Leaning on the edge of the jacuzzi, David spoke with a casual, relaxed tone,

"Hello, this is David Frost. Who is it?"

"Hello, is this Mr. Frost? Nice to meet you. I'm Alexander Davis, the representative sent by J.P. Morgan and your current account advisor. We only want to notify you that the information you asked for is now sent to your inbox."

"Okay, I'll take a look at it later, thanks."

Since knowing about Netscape going public, David had made use of his contacts, especially with bank managers, to know more insider details.

He had met with an executive of J.P. Morgan from the round of funding of Yahoo, so he easily contacted him to start an account on their bank and made use of their private service for high net worth individuals.

After all, for company IPOs who would know more about it than those large banks who would be the facilitators and underwriters of these companies.

David naturally knows this and made use of it to gather information. This is the easiest way to go about it. The only condition is to have large assets enough to be valued by banks and qualify for these private services.

So with this, he easily solved most of his problems just by relying on the bank services. This is also why he was able to free so much time to relax in the Caribbean.

In fact, unknown to David, J.P. Morgan didn't really have to go out of their way to gather information about Netscape. Because even if he didn't ask, this information would still reach their hands.

Netscape, like Yahoo, had also built themselves a strong growing userbase. To be specific, the majority of users on the internet uses the Netscape browser. In numbers, they occupied at least 90% of the market at this time.

Even in the advent of browser wars which would be coming soon after Netscape goes public, Netscape would still remain the leader in market share. Of course, eventually, they still inevitably experience defeat.

Their competitor in the upcoming browser war is not a weak party after all.

Who would it be other than an even bigger giant, the company responsible for giving Netscape a tough time, the creator of Internet Explorer, Microsoft.

In the end, after a few years of intense rivalry, Microsoft succeeded in killing Netscape by giving its browser software for free as a bundle with Windows OS, but in the process also shot itself in the foot.

Because the success of bringing down Netscape triggered unfair competition antitrust laws, which made them painful for a short while but still survived and prospered, living to tell the tale.

Internet Explorer, on the other hand, successfully became the world's browser, and by the year 2000, Internet Explorer had a 95% market share. It was a complete domination.

Of course, no one except David knows this.

For now, companies and financial institutions only know that the Internet has infinite potential. And occupying such a huge market share like Netscape is definitely an attractive feat.

With the popularization of the Internet, users are developing rapidly. In other words, millions of new users are being added each year.

And after the emergence of operating systems that even a normal person can easily use, like Windows OS, the popularity of the internet will only be greater.

As a result, internet browsers will also start to be more and more important. Browsers are a software program that lets you view web pages on your screen. You can think of internet browsers as a gateway to the internet.

Without browsers, the internet as we know it today would not look the same.

This time, the positive effects and the convenient use of the Internet are rapidly gaining popularity towards the common people.

People's lives, as they know, are slowly changing and evolving to a more technologically reliant civilization.

Just like Yahoo, many parts of the internet were starting to be filled with people.

Everyone could feel that the spring of the Internet is coming and those that are more capable, already began paying more attention to Internet-related news for investment and updates.

The internet space is starting to get lively.

 

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

22