Chapter 35 Parties React
1.5k 0 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the summer months of Los Angeles, a lively situation was occurring in a certain building right by a bustling commercial street.

In the spacious area, a fifteen-person team completely focused their attention on their goal, working vigorously, each one staring at the computer screen in front of them with great enthusiasm.

Alexander, the team leader, looked down at everyone, waiting for their progress in their assignments.

Inside the room, designed with high ceilings and top quality equipment, a large screen in front, directly opposite of everyone, was displaying various financial data. Each of the numbers was changing every second.

David sat at a desk close to the front corner, his body leaning back relaxingly as his eyes were fixed on the numbers displayed on the big screen.

All the other traders busily initiating orders to eat up as much as they could get their hands on.

"There are a lot of orders on the market. But there's no need to worry, a lot of it is ours! Continue buying. If anyone can buy more, it will be us! I don't believe these retail investors would outdo us! Let them have the leftovers!"

Alexander's calm and focused voice sounded. As soon as his voice fell, the rest of the traders felt more relaxed and confident.

David sat in his luxurious leather chair, watching the real-time price of NSCP(Netscape) on the screen in front, jumping up and down by a few cents over and over.

However, it was obvious that the general trend was going upwards. Passing through his ears, the noise of people tapping the keyboard and clicking the mouse could be heard.

Time is crucial, and it is one of the key elements in this trade. A split second could change a lot of things, especially in the busy financial market.

It had been a long time since companies have gotten miraculous gains on their IPO debuts.

As much as most people are concerned, the overnight miracle of Netscape is mostly unthinkable.

It had taken more than a decade of operations before people could begin to talk about all the millionaires that came out of the success of Microsoft. So Netscape turning its people into multimillionaires only after 15 months of its creation can be said to be an imaginative fantasy for most.

As a result of their skillful fast trades, the operation can be said to have gone the way they expected.

David currently has a lot of chips in his hands. With his identity and to attract him to the bank, they kindly gave him a 20x leverage free of interest.

Of course, David gratefully accepted their kind gesture. Although the interest isn't too much, it was still money. If he could save it, he would.

Therefore, for this moment, his $2,000,000 fund was turned into $40,000,000. His current debt amounted to $38,000,000 for his 20x leverage.

But it was just enough. They had done the calculations. David could have had more leverage. This is true, and the bank would easily allow it too.

However, considering the limited amount of shares release in the Netscape IPO, they might not be able to use up all their funds in the end due to the scarcity of shares available.

David stood up from his comfortable chair and watched all the traders busily working on their computers as the big screen in front starting to have some changes as it refreshed.

One second

Two seconds

Three seconds

After ten seconds, the displayed number started sharply rising.

The whole room suddenly became silent, and the traders slowly let their hands down from their computers.

One by one, they turned towards Alexander before giving him a nod.

David finally let out a long sigh of relief. Alexander looked at each of the traders with a smile on his face. He could understand what they meant.

"Good job, everyone!"

Success!

...

On the trading floor, a group of people representing Netscape was excitedly watching. This is their big day, not only for them but also for others.

It was no surprise that it was a day that has attracted a lot of attention.

The listing of Netscape is considered to be a big news brewing for a long time. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, the entire United States, and the world were interested in it.

Microsoft and other related companies were also very concerned. Some hoping that they would fail or else one more player would enter the arena and take a slice of their territory.

For a few others, the success of Netscape directly threatens their success, so today, they are intently watching and waiting, full of hope and unknown thoughts.

When James Clark rang the Nasdaq bell, Netscape's stocks had little to no movement at the beginning, but after an hour, the stock prices began to climb considerably up.

"What?"

"Why is it not stopping?"

The traders in the room, along with David, stared at the rising price of the stock. Some of them were whispering and discussing with each other.

"Congratulations, Mr. Frost. It seems that it was a huge success."

Alexander communicated with David as he stared at the green stock price that never stopped increasing. His eyes didn't hide its amazement. He had not seen anything like this for a long time.

At this time, David relaxedly leaned back on his seat and enjoyed his drink. The trades who watched his action can only admire his relaxed attitude.

After all, most people would excitedly celebrate their success, but David seemed like he was just playing some game.

...

‎James Clark and Marc Andreessen, as founders of Netscape, are undoubtedly the centers of attention today.

Everyone's eyes were on them. Even the financial predators from multiple banks beside them can only act as side characters today.

"James, we did it!"

"Hahaha, that's right. Hahaha!"

‎James Clark and Marc Andreessen showed their undisguised excitement for the rising prices. It can be said that they are making history at the very moment.

"Congratulations, boss!"

"Haha, all of this became possible because of everyone, so thank you!"

"History will remember this day for sure!"

"Hey, it went up again, it broke through $50, it's almost double!"

At this time, everyone, including several financial institutions, showed unexpected expressions.

They were completely attracted by the unstoppable rise of the price. They really did not imagine seeing this much jump today.

Traders, investors, and spectators all over the world were now clamoring, wildly reacting to the surprising gains in today's IPO. Slowly, news spread from person to person, leaving many slow investors to regret their earlier skepticism.

"Haha, I'm rich, I'm rich!"

"What? I only got ten thousand dollars worth. Why isn't there anymore?"

"Damn, why didn't I buy from the beginning!"

"Shit! I need to get in fast! Move away!"

"No, no, no, I regret it so much!"

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

21