Chapter 30 – A bookstore?
5.1k 16 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I close the book and stretch my arms.

 

*yawn*

 

The book was useful, but due to the large space it took I put it back in the shelf to avoid rousing suspicion. Until I can find an equal substitute to hide, I’ll just keep coming back. Looking out of the window, the sun had already set with an ambient blue sky present. The view of the front garden was so nice, why couldn’t I be the owner and not a pet? How nice would it be if I were the one giving orders instead of Marie?

I leaned on the window to burn the view into my eyes. I had many opportunities to escape thus far so why didn’t I escape? Did I develop some sort of Stockholm-syndrome in my time here?

 

*shake*

 

No, no, no!

I was a proud monster who wouldn’t develop feelings to the people who treat me like this! They weren’t treating me that badly now though…

Wait, why did I have to leave alone? I could probably convince either Marie or Emil to leave since they don’t have anything to inherit in the first place and then – bam! The roles reverse!

Would be nice…

 

“Oh, you’re here?”

 

“Wah!”

 

Lloyd? I think my soul jumped out of my body from the surprise.

 

“Sorry, didn’t expect you to be so attached to the view outside.”

 

“It’s a nice view, I think so at least.”

 

“Haha, I agree but a little variance isn’t so bad every once in a while.”

 

Was this a loaded question, or was he just bored of living here? I turned around to analyse his facial expression. Rather than the face of a nostalgic genius, I’m greeted with a flushed guy with an ugly expression staring at my –

I was still wearing the crop-top and skirt Marie had prepared for me. Staying as cool as I could I tried to change the situation.

 

“Sorry about that, Marie took my maid clothes to get them washed so I’m wearing these for the time being.”

 

His face still looked awkward while trying to laugh of his initial reaction.

 

“Is that so? I’m deeply sorry for my behaviour just then, I hope you didn’t mind it too much.”

 

That was a surprisingly good defusal by him. I can’t blame him though, for the past couple days I also stared at my own reflection for quite a long time. After a bit of silence, he spoke up again.

 

“Do you like reading books?”

 

I nodded while smiling. Manhwas are books too right?

“Maybe we can go… shopping for books together?”

 

At a bookstore?

 

“Here?”

 

“I was thinking of some border town with Emil and Marie?”

 

At least Viclam wouldn't be present. 

 

“Sure!”

 

Wait, why did I agree to this? I’ve only lived her for three days at best and I’m already moving!

On the other hand, this might be the perfect opportunity...

166