Chapter 32 – Already leaving?
4.9k 12 167
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If this were back on Earth, I’d have guessed it to be a trip to the beach considering how they look, but what’s with all these bags if we’re just going to go to a bookshop?

Oh well, I’ll make the most of it. Lloyd must have planned the entire thing pretty swiftly.

 

“Geez what took so long! Worthless pet! Be grateful we’re taking you with us,”

 

Was Marie’s personality ever going to change?

 

“Good pet! Marie doesn’t appreciate her enough!”

 

When was Emil going to see me as… a person?

 

“A pet should be completely sub-“

 

“That’s enough for this morning, continue you when we’re in the carriages please.”

 

Lloyd gave a deep sigh before awkwardly dragging both of them outside. After a moment or  so, I followed them out.

My arms directly went to cover my eyes from the burning rays of sun. The familiar sight of the plain grassy entrance split in half by the road was blocked by two carriages. One was black with gold ornaments around it with the latter being just a plain looking wooden carriage, upsettingly similar to the one I came in…

Too similar to the merchant’s one.

 

“Sorry Alice, but you’ll have to take the wooden carriage instead of the golden one. It’s specially reserved for nobility.”

 

Thanks for your empty words Lloyd. What was physically stopping you from letting me on? Your sister assaulted me multiple times and I had to play the role of babysitter too. Is what I wanted to say.

 

“I understand.”

 

Sheepish nature too strong to firmly stand against what he said…

Begrudgingly I got into the wooden carri-

 

“I want to go with Alice!”

 

Marie? Lloyd just stood there looking at her unexpectedly before giving his usual expressionless face and nodding.

 

“Very well.”

 

“Huh, no fair! I wanted to play with Alice!”

 

Emil let out his complaints as he was dragged to the noble carriage by Lloyd. The wooden carriage was different to the one the merchant used though. At the very least, the interior had some sort of cushioned seating across the sides. I decided to lie down taking half a column on the right side of the ride.

 

“Lazy pet.”

 

Marie commented as she sat right next to where my head lied.

So far, I think the most exciting time of my life was the fight with the bandit guy. Aaaaa, just let something fun happen on the way!

 

“Miss Alice, you shouldn’t lie down like that, you’ll catch a cold!”

 

Ava?

 

167