Chapter 33 – Long Journey
4.8k 10 161
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bahahaha, Ava’s presence at least blocked Marie from doing something too questionable!

 

“It’s okay Ava, sheep are immune to these things,”

 

I replied while continuing to lie down.

 

“Don’t blame me if you start coughing later!”

 

I was expecting her to sit across Marie, but she sat at the ‘driver’ seat, directly behind two brown horses. Wait, was she going to steer the carriage? She was certainly capable when it came to – bathroom tasks, but also able to drive carriages? Might be nice idea to work on talents other than killing thieves on the street. Before long, the plain carriage set out, probably following the golden black one the brothers were using. Despite the plainness of the ride, it was much better than the one the merchant used. The white 

Oh well, time to close my eyes and hit the hay and contin-

A bolt of electricity travelled around my entire body as blood began to group up inside my cheeks. My head was briefly lifted before being placed on a comfy warm pillow. It was nice, but why did Marie have to hold it by the horns! I opened my eyes and pouted.

Marie slid her finger on my lips as if she wished for me to stay silent. Should I just bite her. I wanted to just let her do as I please in return for a relaxing slumber . Not that my sensitive horns would let me. Pushing her finger away, I opened my mouth to speak, but I was caught sandwiched by her hand.

 

“You’re cuter when you don’t talk, you know?”

 

She said moodily looking into my eyes, before leaning closer – was I going to get a kiss? I clenched my eyes, before opening them only to feel her breath in my ear.

 

“Also, don’t think of raising your voice against me when we’re with Ava”.

 

She uttered quietly, before toying with my hair this time. Ah. I guess there was a reason why previously Ava had changed her tone when Marie had abruptly arrived at the scene. I nodded quietly. As long as she moved her hands away from the two reactive spots I wouldn’t mind for today and decided to remain silent. Was I enjoying this treatment? Maybe.

 

Before long, the sun had set. Wasn’t this supposed to be at the ‘border’ and a relatively ‘close’ area? Why was it taking this long? The other sibling’s carriage was also completely out of site. Outside, I saw Ava taking out the only items in our bag to set up a camp, but there was no food present, at least for them. Just some blankets and hay. Were we abandoned here? Did they just leave us?

With the navy sky upwards, the scenery was quite fresh too. In comparison to the quartered artificial garden in the back of the estate, this was filled with grandiose trees of every caliber, each reaching to various heights and filled with vibrant vegetation. My attempt to wriggle free and venture outside was in vain however, as someone had locked me into a hug as if I was a body pillow. This girl…

Wh-

Why was Emil sleeping next to us as well? Better to be worried over nothing I guess.

 

161