Chapter 36 – A New Leaf
5.6k 18 153
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gulped. The wind brushed my cheeks and hair as I looked down. This was certainly a high wall.  I guess even peaceful demon lords are faced in the same light or all national borders are like this. I stared at the pathway entrance. Apart from your everyday human merchant, there was the occasional de- they looked so similar to me. Their complexions were all over the place, but most of them had one or two horns poking out from their heads. The race hierarchy should just be replaced with sheep at the top! I hope monsters aren’t a delicacy in the lordship though.

I had both good and bad memories here, but it was time to turn over a new leaf and start fresh!

How do I jump down? This was much taller than I anticipated. Is my body still strengthened? Yes! Closing my eyes, I jumped into the forest.

 

*Crash*

 

*Thunk*

 

*Slump*

 

Haha… I think I caused a couple trees to collapse since the body strengthening worked too well. Despite no obvious wound, it felt like my skin was burning along with the pain caused by storing the book.

I should have taken another stone to cancel pain or at least heal faster.

 

*Rustle*

 

Did I already receive this much attention? I wasn’t exhausted just yet, so I ran in the opposite direction. Did the ‘demons’ live speak another language? Whatever, those issues are ones the later me would have to deal with.

Now, did I escape? I looked behind me, but the castle walls were long out of my view with incoherent splashes of my footprints littered along the way. I cancelled the strengthening. I really need to by more mindful when using it, but it worked! I was able to escape successfully and now… I was lost.

 

After I took the book out of my storage, the pain subsided immediately. I just had to find my way around the forest now!

What could go wrong?

153