2 – Mysterious Ability
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wandrasaya was shocked by what he saw. When he looked at the two people who had just entered, he saw a window in front of his eye.

[Name: Adyatama

 Status: Waisya Tier 2

 Loyalty: 50]

[Name: Darmawangsa

 Status: Waisya Tier 3

 Loyalty: -10]

"Young master, I brought the village doctor Darmawangsa to check on the young master condition." Old Servant Adyatama said. The old servant approaches the bed on which Wandrasaya laid and asked the village doctor Darmawangsa to check on Wandrasaya's condition.

Village Doctor Darmawangsa lifted his head and looked at Wandrasaya with obvious disdain in his eyes. Doctor Darmawangsa halfheartedly checked Wandrasaya's pulse and wound.

"Young master Wandrasaya is fine. Old servant, please bring young master Wandrasaya home. I recalled that lord Mpu Jaya looking for the young master." Village Doctor Darmawangsa turned around and left the room. Old servant Adyatama, who saw the village doctor's behavior, shook his head. He knew that his young master was someone who was disliked in the noble family because he always fooling around.

Young master Wandrasaya has been asked by his father about his plans. He had no interest in warfare and did not wish to become a warrior. He was not interested in religious teachings and became a Brahman either. His father was furious. Then, what do you want to be? Becoming a Waisya merchant and discontinue their noble family name, or even becoming a Sudra commoner?!

It is worth mentioning that excluding the royal family, the noble title in the Kediri Kingdom is not hereditary. Because he was the only child, his father forced him to train martial arts and study the Scripture guided by a monk which his father hired. But instead of learning, Wandrasaya ran away from home to go to the town of Tumapel, fooling around inside the tavern.

His father was annoyed and decided to send Wandrasaya to study at an Academy in the City of Kahuripan, the former capital of the Janggala Kingdom which has now conquered by the Panjalu Kingdom and currently became the Kadiri Kingdom. His father remembered that his best friend, Mpu Purwa had a daughter who was going to study at the Academy of Kahuripan. He then sent a messenger and planned the betrothal of their two children after they graduated from the Kahuripan academy.

"Young master, let's go home. If we don't prepare today, we won't make it for Kahuripan Academy's new student admission." Old servant Adyatama helps Wandrasaya get out of bed and walks him out. Wandrasaya nodded and he did not refuse Adyatama's suggestion because he saw that Adyatama's loyalty was quite high, and he would not be harmed by him.

When he came out of the old hut, he saw a carriage pulled by two horses. In the driver's seat, there was an old man who nodded servilely at Wandrasaya when he saw him leave the hut. Wandrasaya looked back and saw that the exterior of the hut contained a sign that read 'Village Clinic' in Sanskrit. Luckily he had the previous body memory, or he would be unable to understand what the people here were writing and saying.

Wandrasaya was assisted by old servant Adyatama to get into the horse carriage. The horse carriage is not very grand, there is only a leather sofa between the two sides of the horse carriage. He sat facing forward while old servant Adyatama sat facing the back of the carriage without leaning back. Old servant Adyatama knows his place even though Wandrasaya is not a noble yet.

Wandrasaya pays attention to its surroundings, the dirt roads that will be submerged in mud when it rains, the residents' buildings made of bamboo, and the tall trees that are quite lush decorated the village. There are some buildings that quite large at the end of the road which contrasts sharply with the surrounding buildings. Those large buildings are owned by his family. There is a fence made of clay surrounding those buildings. That manor is made from red bricks, unlike another villager house. He knew that although those houses are quite shabby by modern standards, it's the best house that he currently could own.

When they arrived at the gate of the Jaya family manor, two warriors were guarding the gate. When the guards recognize the horse-drawn carriage, they bowed their heads and opened the gate. The yard of the house is quite neat, there are flowers and grass and a traditional fountain. Wandrasaya felt that he was watching documentaries about the life of ancient people. While he was still daydreaming, a loud sound from the direction of the main building broke his reverie.

"Unfilial bastard! Get over here in this instant!" A shout was heard from the main building. Wandrasaya knew who the owner of this voice is. For some reason, his body was trembling. Seeing the trembling Wandrasaya, old servant Adyatama helped him get off the horse carriage.

"Young master, hurry go inside and face the lord. Tell him that you regretting of what you did yesterday. Maybe he will forgive you." Old servant Adyatama said, worried about Wandrasaya. He knew Wandrasaya was a stubborn person, and he did not want that young master's wounds would get worse when Mpu Jaya could not contain his wrath.

Wandrasaya nodded and entered the main building. He entered the room which was quite spacious, there were cushions meant for someone to sit cross-legged on the right and left side of the carpet that leads to the main seat. On the main seat which looked like a throne, sat a burly man, with a long beard looking at him with a fierce gaze.

In the room, there were only four people. Mpu Jaya, Wandrasaya, and the two female servants who sat on either side, fanning his father. Wandrasaya reflexively knelt on one leg and bent his body. According to his memory, this was the greeting position when facing a person who was much higher status than himself. Wandrasaya raised his head and looked at his father's information window.

[Name: Mpu Jaya

 Status: Satria tier 5, Brahmana tier 3

 Loyalty: 65]

He was surprised to see that his father had two statuses, Satria and Brahmana. Since the previous owner of the body was a young master who cared nothing but fooling around, he had no memory of anything related to the status of the ancient person. According to the history he had read in his previous life, the status of ancient people only served as a caste to distinguish the standing of people. However, according to what he saw until now, it didn't seem that simple.

"Do you know what you did wrong this time? You deserve beatings! How many times have I told you, don't you dare to run away and prepare your thing for study at Kahuripan Academy!" Mpu Jaya pounded the armrest of his chair until it cracked. The two maids who were fanning Mpu Jaya were scared and stepped back so that they would not be hit by the wood shrapnel of the cracked chair. Seeing this, Wandrasaya was shocked by the strength of his father muster. He could crack the chair which was made from sturdy wood! He did not know that the ancient warrior had such great strength!

2