4 – Dedhes
24 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the same time, in a village which is quite far from Todowongso village, there is a prosperous village. Panawijen Village is located not far from Mount Semeru. In a large room, an argument broke out between a father and a daughter. They are Mpu Purwa and Dedhes.

"Father, I don't want to marry him! Period!" Dedhes, wearing tight clothes, was practicing martial arts in his yard when his father asked him to meet him in the main room. Dedhes was shocked when she found out her father had an arranged marriage with his father's best friend's son. Dedhes was angry and protested against his father on the spot.

"Dedhes! Listen to father! He is the son of Mpu Jaya, a person who is trusted by His Majesty Sri Maharaja Kertajaya! If you marry him, no one will dare to bother you anymore!" Mpu Purwa was frustrated about this daughter. Dedhes has a beautiful face, and many nobles descendants courting her. But Dedhes battered everyone who tried to approach her. He was surprised by Dedhes's explosive temperament, in contrast to his elegant wife, Sri Aji Tatar.

"I don't want to! I don't want to get married! I want to become a warrior!" Dedhes insisted on his stance.

*Slap!*

"Listen to what father said! You must marry Wandrasaya!" Mpu Purwa slapped his daughter hard. Dedhes widened his eyes and looked at his father. She couldn't believe that her father slapped her. Dedhes held his cheek and cried out of the main room. Sri Aji Tatar who was in the room shook his head and ran after Dedhes to calm Dedhes.

Mpu Purwa sat and leaned back in the main seat. He sighed and shook his head. The daughter is so stubborn. He regretted allowing his daughter to learn martial arts when she was young. Now, his daughter has successfully become Satria tier 2 and even can defeat the elite guards.

In fact, having her daughter learn martial arts made her parents cease to worry about her safety. However, over time, Dedhes's temper got worse. Because she was the young mistress of the Mpu Purwa family, people did not dare to refuse her request and this made Dedhes even more disrespectful to others. If there were people she didn't like, Dedhes would beat them black and blue.

...

In one of the buildings in the yard of the Mpu Purwa family house. Dedhes cried while holding his cheek. His mother, Sri Aji Tatar was beside him, calming her down.

"My sweet daughter, just follow your father's orders. This is also for your good future." Sri Aji Tatar stroked Dedhes's back so that she would stop crying. Sure enough, Dedhes stopped crying and listened to his mother's advice. Because his father often went to the city of Tumapel to carry out his duties, he was closest to his mother. He did not dare to go against his mother's words.

"But mother, I don't want that after marriage, my husband will forbid me to continue practicing martial arts." Dedhes said while pouting to his mother.

"Listen to mom, you will get married three years later after graduating from Kahuripan Academy. I heard that later, your future husband will pick you up along the way to Kahuripan City and you two will study at the Academy together. You can observe him then for three years. If indeed Wandrasaya is someone who does not suit you, you can report to mom. Mommy will discuss it with your father. " Sri Aji Tatar said. Although this marriage is to improve their family standing, she still has to think about her daughter's happiness.

"Is that true, mother? Very well! I promise to pay close attention to Wandrasaya during these three years without any bias." Dedhes promised his mother to observe Wandrayasa. He will seriously assess Wandrasaya without bias.

"Madame, the master called you. He asked you to come to the main room in an hour. Master asked the young lady to wear appropriate clothing because there will be important guests." An old man came and reported something while Sri Aji Tatar was coaxing her daughter.

"Okay, tell husband we're both going to the main room in an hour." Sri Aji Tatar nodded and gestured the old man to leave. The old man bent down and left the yard.

"Mother, who will come? Will the Wandrayasa group arrive today?" Dedhes asked, looking at his mother's face.

"No, the Wandrasaya entourage will arrive in a week. I'm also curious about who will come, making your father greet whoever it is with great fanfare?" Sri Aji Tatar frowned. Her husband is a noble with the title Mpu, could it be the Dhuwan, Akuwu, or even from the royal family who will come?

...

Not far from the village of Panawijen, an army of hundreds of soldiers riding horses headed towards the village of Panawijen. Curious commoners with this army wanted to watch, but those who watched were flogged by this horde of soldiers. In the middle of the party, there is a quite luxurious horse-drawn carriage pulled by four strong horses.

"Heh, you commoners. If not because this was the territory of Mpu Purwa, I would have gouged out the eyes of those lowly people." A burly man with brown skin looked out the window of the horse-drawn carriage where he was sitting. In front of him sat an old man with a long beard.

"Milord Tunggul Ametung, are you going to stop by the village of Panawijen?" Mpu Rajasa said. He felt that they did not need to stall the time for this easy mission.

"Mpu Rajasa, I'm just curious about the gossip from ​​another Akuwu, which says that there is a beautiful fairy who lives in the village of Panawijen." Tunggul Ametung waved his hand and said his true goal why they need to stop by the village of Panawijen. Mpu Rajasa shook his head. Many years of being the left hand of the Akuwu Tumapel, he knew the bad nature of Tunggul Ametung, who loved beautiful women to death.

"Milord Akuwu, in front of us is the village of Panawijen." A warrior's voice came from outside the horse-drawn carriage.

"Mpu Nagendra, convey my orders to the soldiers. Travel at full speed! We must arrive before the sky dark." Tunggul Ametung gave orders to Mpu Nagendra, the right-hand man of Akuwu Tumapel.

"Yes, Milord. Your order will be carried out soon." Mpu Nagendra answered while spurting his horse. Not long after, the group of Tunggul Ametung soldiers became even faster. Tunggul Ametung and Mpu Rajasa ignored the violent shaking in the horse-drawn carriage. The two of them were Satria who had practiced decades to reach their current level. This little shaking is nothing for those who have become accustomed to traveling long distances.

Not long after, the group of Tunggul Ametung soldiers arrived at Panawijen village. The Panawijen village ruler, Mpu Purwa was waiting at the village gate to welcome the arrival of Akuwu, the ruler of the Tumapel City.

------

Note about this novel's noble peerage

Mpu: Baron level noble.

Dhuwan: Count level noble.

Akuwu: Duke level noble.

1