1. Dreams from Propaganda – Part 1
200 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is entirely skippable if you want to cut straight to the main story.

This bedtime story is told to children across the world to help them sleep easier or find someone to look up to. That Heroes are the saviors of the world, and will always do their best to protect the people.

[9/26/2021]: Chapter has been edited. The original version still exists, but is being kept in a private Google Docs file. The title has been changed to better reflect the intent of the chapter.


“Alright, it’s time for bed now.”

“Aww . . . But could you read me a bedtime story first, though?”

“Of course, dear. Which one do you want to hear this time?”

“I want to hear the story of The Hero and the Dragon again!”

“Again? Didn’t I read it to you last night?”

“I know mommy, but it’s my favorite!”

“Alright, let’s start it all over again. . .”

 

Once upon a time, there was a peaceful town filled with happy farmers, bakers, and candlestick makers.

But on one fateful day, a dragon darkened the skies and attacked the town!

With one mighty breath, the town was burnt to the ground!

With one swing of its tail, it turned homes to dust.

The townspeople tried to fend off the monster, but none could.

Valiant fighters, rangers, and wizards came to the townspeople’s aid, all swearing that they would slay the beast!

The fighters charged head-on with their swords in hand!

The rangers filled the sky with a blanket of their arrows!

And the wizards summoned forth great spells of destruction!

But none could hurt it.

The dragon’s resilient scales blunted the fighters’ blades and repelled every arrow that rained upon them.

And while the wizards cast their spells, the dragon’s breath overwhelmed all of their magic.

Soon enough, all found themselves at the dragon’s mercy.

With no other option, the townspeople prayed to the heavens for a miracle.

“We beg of you, oh Great Six, save us! Save us from the dragon’s tyranny!”

And in their darkest moment, the gods answered their prayer for and delivered upon them a Hero.

“Despair no longer,” said the Hero, “for I shall fell the beast and return all to as it was!”

Wasting not a moment longer, the Hero confronted the tyrant.

The dragon bathed the Hero in its flames, attempting to burn him away like all the others, but the Hero fired back with miracles of the gods!

The dragon clawed and bit at the Hero, trying to shred and devour him, but the Hero was too fast! He dodged the dragon’s hands and defended against its tail while driving it back with his sword.

Soon enough, the Hero had the dragon cornered.

“Dragon! I do not wish to kill you! So I shall spare you if you leave and never darken another sky again!”

The dragon snarled and growled, but refused to back down. It charged the Hero, attacking desperately.

But the Hero was ready, and with a blessing from the Great Six, he felled the dragon!

And With the tyrant slain, the townspeople rushed to the Hero’s side. Everyone cheering and praising their savior!

‘He-ro! He-ro! He-ro!’

They praised him for his heroism and might!

They praised him for being a champion of the Great Six!

And once again, the town had peace and harmony.

All thanks to the Hero.

12