Page 12: Empire City Of Kalis and Pest control.
522 16 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
My Brain isn't working correctly, Pardon me if ya see grammar mistakes.

The Town of Clestia.

Not really much happened here in comparison to Palia.
The place was peaceful as we stayed within a day, gathering supplies.
Aside from the church order that was presently acting as a place to heal the sick and wounded.

The empire knights that linger there made it secure and safe from monsters.

After we checked around and gathered information about the place.
We recently only heard rumor's of new's regarding a hero who slew a dragon close by...

As for Roel who had decided to leave his injured knight in the hand of the Holy Order Chapel here.

It wasn't that strange, since it was the only way for him to recover and not get too burdened by carriage.

Unfortunately, he was so heavily injured to the extent that the priest there would have a difficult time.
The moment Roel showed his family emblem which the knights had brought with them,
They agreed to his request without question and decided to heal him with the best of their efforts.

Roel soon departed with Lit despite having no guards of his own anymore.

And now...

"Lit can we talk?"

"No." It was a blunt answer and natural answer coming from her.
Lit didn't want to get involved with nobles as she was faintly aware of how troublesome people with power were...
After all... she had read stories and tales regarding them in his spare time as a man.

"Please, hear me out.
At this rate once I reach my home.
They might see you as an enemy, after I explain to them what happened."

Lit sighed...
(In the end I already got involved in something troublesome with this red head.
Now that I thought about it...
I could have just killed the 2nd knight and simply claimed that an accident with the orc's happened.
That should have been a much more efficient way to deal with this problem.)

But there's a matter regarding her moral's that wouldn't let her.

"Alright, lay it on me." Lit said with a troubled expression on her face.

...

...

...

"I see...
So you want my help dealing with pest running around your family's territory..."

He nodded.
"As you can see my family despise necromancers, and the aftermath they left had left them with grudges."

"Sounds... annoying and this is really isn't my problem.
Not to mention, the fact I took the lives of one of your knights is still a pressing issue.
Wouldn't I be walking into a tiger's den who might want to punish me for such a sin?

Not to mention, the fact they hate necromancer's only doubles their hatred towards me.
Can you even stop them if they decided to lock me up?"

"Which is why I Roel Valorian would vouch to pardon you.
With my name and authority, they wouldn't be able to do such a thing." he said to her.

Lit was troubled by this, she didn't know how nobles society worked in this world.
As she gazed at him in suspicion.

"What would happen, if I don't help you?"

"Then... expect yourself to become a criminal under imperial law.
Your sentence would be death for claiming the life of a knight from a noble household." Roel said to her.

"That's ridiculous!" Lit angrily said.

"Which is why, I wanted to repay the favor of helping me safely return home.
Though, at this rate... you'll end up as a criminal."

"Don't you hate me for what happened to your knight?" when lit asked this question he became silent.

He then sighed.
"Necromancy... is something this country despise...
The ones who suffered it most would be my territory.
My parents has done what they could to quell the damage they have done.

However, it doesn't change the fact that the undead they had created not only murdered people.
But also spreaded out annoying pestilences that claimed even more lives."

Then he said with a calm expression.

"Though, after seeing how you create them out of your own mana.
I don't really feel anything ill aside from it's scary appearance.
Your like a knock off of the real necromancers that uses rotting flesh and living people as tools."

Lit became silent. "Hmm... knock offs?
You make me sound so cheap?
Though, are my bones so similar to those necromancers?"

"The ones moving with your magic, yes.
Since its appearance is rather similar to the undead that indiscriminately attack the closest living being..."

Lit winced at him...
Then nodded.

"Fine.
Let's deal with this problem then...
I have a bone to pick with those monkey's that ruined my pride and joy!
How dare they make me stain blood of innocents all because they rampaged within the lands!"

Lit was felt driven to pay the favor and nuisance ten folds.
But then...

[Analysis Gathering Complete:
Roel Valorian: Successor of the Duke of House Valorian.
Valorian Knights Specializes in both Physical and Magical Sword Techniques including clever use of knives and other tools.
Undead has claimed many lives within his territory which led him to remain in the safety of the capital,
though certain shadows had tried to use him to claim more riches from his already suffocating situation.]

Lit grimaced at the problem she landed in...
It wasn't just an ordinary noble house but a DUKE!.
Lit felt weight on her shoulders after only recently discovering these new facts.

Gazing at the red haired boy, she can somehow feel what troubles are ahead.

...

Travel in the carriage became smooth.
There wasn't much monsters and the things they saw were herbivorous creatures and grasslands.
From the distance, Lit was a bit bored as time had passed for quit a while before they soon reached the 3rd town.

But even that town had nothing interesting aside from some spreading rumours.

"They claim a tiny sorceress had appeared in the town of Palia.
She single handedly obliterated the orcish horde that threatened the place."

"First... a hero who slew a dragon.
And now a sorceress said to be tiny who can erase an horde of orc's?"

Lit who heard this rumour expression swiftly froze,
after eating a delicious meal from the tavern she had stayed in.
She swiftly fled to speak with Roel regarding this matter.
As part of her deal with him, to avoid any unnecessary leak of that specific truth to spread.

"No one particularly has to knows that I was the me who responsible for it." were her words.

(The biggest cliche that could happen, right now...
Would be the most powerful figure to seek me out.
I can't allow that to happen, that will just put all eyes on me.
In worst case scenario that they see my ability to control bones as evil.
I'll DEFINITELY BE EXECUTED!)

Lit sighed. (All this troubles... all because I wanted EXP just for me to control my bones Ah... Bones.)

She told herself that she should deal with this matter as quickly as possible...
Gather as much information on how to escape while she hasn't drawn too much attention yet...
But it would be difficult to gather information if the empire knights see her as a threat.

At worst... (I'll be in a wanted poster unable to leave this country without bloodshed.)
In the end she would become the necromancer they feared.
Except one that doesn't use the life of others in exchange for power.

(I'll be dead in this body when that happens!)

She considered the state of her fragile body which vitality is rather quite poor.
Within the town of Palia, she had the knight carry her for faster transportation.
As well as to carry her on top of it's wall's which was twenty folds bigger than herself.

Grateful she was for her short and small size to be used as an excuse to being carried like a princess.
Yet her shame rose from the troublesome state her body was in...

With no other choice left, she accepted the deal with Roel and eventually left the 3rd village they had reached.

But her greatest concern.
(I don't like dealing with assasins.
Hopefully there isn't one that can outrange my map.)

Lit was worried about assasins that might be lurking and aiming for her life.
Considering her amount of firepower, she would have no trouble winning a straight on fight.
But a back stab was something that could easily claim her life.

The Assasin Class was the one who had the ability to hide under the Map's Detection.

She feared such presence and hope her map can somehow bring them out.

As a sorcerer with a fragile body, her greatest weakness would be her fragile state.
If anyone could reach her, she garnered a best bet that it would be the assasins class within the game.

(Hopefully they aren't as strong as the mages I saw in Palia.) was her wish.

While adding more commands to her bones where it can move with more simplier commands.
She then glanced at Ash, she was thinking of another way to put him to good use aside from being an errand boy.
(It wouldn't hurt to ask Roel to have the knights train how to defend himself.)

She didn't want her errand boy to suddenly die a terrible death, all because he was persistent on going with her.
As her eyes soon glanced at Roel who is currently speaking with Ralph.
She thought there was at least some merit in helping a noble like him who wasn't too prejudiced with the thought of helping a necromancer like her.

...

...

...

Needless to say, their ride didn't encounter any troubles.
They met some travelers on the way as they went on their way.
Word of the Dragon slain by a hero and the Orc's eliminated by an unknown mage.

Many began to murmur of the empire's golden age about to come as heroes begins to rise up in chaotic times within their lands.

But Lit didn't want any part of it.
(I just want some protective gear!)

A tool that will allow her to tell if she's using too much magic.
Clothes or accessories that could shield her from harm.
(They should at least have some!) she desperately cried in her mind.

She had already requested Roel if there was such thing in the empire.

"I can ask our local sorcerer if they had them.
They might be able to provide you with something similar to that...
I'm not really an expert in magic, but more of a novice." he faintly smiled while saying so...

Eventually as the carriage dragged onwards, they finally reached the gigantic city state.

The Empire City of Kalis.

[New Exploration added: Empire City of Kalis.]

At a distance she could easily tell how powerful the empire was...
But no matter how powerful the country was...
Magic is something that isn't so easy to control.

It will cause problems that could led to the suffering of the people regardless of how strong they were...

Roel had requested the help of Lit in dealing with such pests that caused more damage than even a regular could calamity offer...
She accepted the deal if he could provide her with protection against assasins as well as the magic curses they honed.
As Lit who was once a necromancer was fully aware of their abilities.

(How ironic i would be hunting my own class.) Lit said to herself.

But she couldn't accept her favorite class to be such a pest in the world.

"There is a certain religion they worship...
It's oddly, the shape of some kind of giant octopus head God named Karthul." Roel added.

"Your joking right?" Lit complained. "An Octopus really?" 

She imagined what kind of octopus it would be but she shook her head.
Ash was with the beast master while Ralph was lying down and hogging the soft cushions of the carriage as he snored.
They soon reached it's entrance gates where it's massive walls and gates could be seen with all it's splendor.

...

...

...

"It's bigger than I thought.
Is this gate to receive a giant?"

The moment they entered.

They soon arrived at place was crowded with people, even at the entrance to it's innerplace
Bussiness and market was thriving as people shouting.

"READ ALL ABOUT IT, HERO SLEW A DRAGON."

"OGRE SIGHTED SLEW HUNDREDS OF CARRIAGES!"

"LITTLE MAGE WAREABOUTS STILL UNKNOWN A BOUNTY HAD BEEN PLACED BY THE LORD TO SEEKING HIS AID!"

Lit shuddered at the last comment of the crier.

"It's normally used to bring in powerful monsters like dragons,giants,ogres and other spoils.
In a sense it was made that way to receive rare monsters to dismantle and honor the heroes who fought them."

"It looks scarily sturdy.
I wouldn't want to be in front of these gates, if I was the one invading this place."

It was a vast entrance made out of stone and steel.
The riches garnered by its entrance is enought to show it's use of riches and power.

(And yet, this place is suffering from some lurking necromancers who worship such a strange god.)

...

"End of the road, huh?" Ralph said to Lit.

"End of the road indeed."

Now that they finally reached the City of Kalis Ralph had every intent to stay and make bussiness of his own.
He gained alot of money with Lit's paying a part of her earnings from the orc slaughters.
As she couldn't carry every coin with her inventory.

"It shouldn't be too hard for you to make a bussiness here with that kind of money."

He nodded, "Though, it would be troublesome to find one."

Roel who overheard his plans then said. "I could recommend you to some good people."

"That's... Please help me out."

He didn't shy away at the opportunity presented to him.
Then the beast master approached.
"I'll be placing your carriage under the caretakers, Lassie...
I'm gonna freaking miss this thing." Lit giggled at the one who had brought them here.

"Arlow... I do have to thank you for bessie.
If it wasn't for your skills, we wouldn't have made it."

"I'm just offering the coin ye paid me for...
But you did most of the work young lassie.
I'll be going back to my home after this...
I had enough adventures in my lifetime that made my heart tremble like that!"

He then gave a hearty laugh at Lit.

"Is your home close by this place?" lit asked.

"My family lives here.
Though, I'm going to get scolded for a long while by my wife for leaving for so long...
He then pulled out a box within the carriage."

"I earned such a big amount of Dough so I doubt they will complain."
He said while grinning as he placed it on bessies back with him on top of it.

"Come find me in the Southern part of the City lassie if you need my help again.
I'll gladly use that carriage of yours, since I had enough of my bottock's aching from those wooden carriages."

He complained then rode away and vanished in the crowd of moving people.
While ash was waving his hand to him.

"Ash... what were you talking to him about?"

"Ah... I had him teach me a few tips about handling a beast.
I was thinking of learning a bit about them." Lit thought he was finally showing some growth.

"Well, that's good.
But what you need most isn't just to learn how to ride carriages."

"Hm? what do you mean..."

"Roel... about the deal."

"Yeah, i'll have someone teach him some swordsmanship.
It's a tough world, if he can't defend himself especially if he's coming with you."

Lit can control the undead to defend someone.
But even if that was the case, there would be times where they would be seperated from one another.
With Roel leading and guiding them within the empire one of his people suddenly appeared like a ghost.
And then smoothly guided them to his home.

 

16