[Chapter 6] After school
704 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was sent to early detention. ‘Hooray!’

While I awaited all of it to blow over, I extended my hoodie and rested my head on the desk. After a few minutes of sneaking in and out of consciousness, I completely fell asleep.

My nap would have been refreshing had it not been for the loud slamming of a door. It was Ayuna. She looked violently annoyed.

I did nothing but yawn. “What’s the matter with you, it looks as if you want to smack someone,” I asked.

“THEY WERE GIVING US MUFFINS TODAY. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? MUFFINS!”

I could not understand what the huge deal was about. ‘Was the cafeteria food so awful that muffins was the biggest highlight?’

“Why are you here though?” I asked. “I was the only one in trouble, not you.”

“Is my job to supervise you,” She said. "Why didn’t you just wait? Goldsmith had said he would take care of it."

As much as I would love to think that a mysterious man would solve all of my issues, my mentality was rather simple. If I can take care of the problem now, with my own actions, ‘why wait until later?’

“It just had to be done,” I said.

Ayuna just grunted. When she sat on the adjacent desk, she just kept to herself. Which allowed me to resume my nap.

When detention was over, I went back to class. It seems that the chubby kid wasn’t there anymore. ‘Did I really hit him that hard?’

While the bully was no more. I still had another man be an annoyance to me.

‘Today, after school at five, meet me in the tennis court. You need to explain to me what is that thing standing always next to you.’ a mysterious voice said. It was Goldsmith.

I don’t understand what he meant by THAT THING. But it seems there was no point in saying anything back. Goldsmith’s telekinesis seems to only be one directional. ‘That is to say, he can communicate with me, but I can’t communicate with him.’

I am still unsure if this is because he can’t read my mind, or that is just an act to give me a false sense of security. ‘He could very well be a creep.’

For the rest of the class, I just somehow survived lecture after lecture. It was not difficult, given that before I got transmigrated, I was already a senior in high school. The curriculum does not seem to be any different from the one back at home. My other-worldly mediocre grades just translated to more mediocre grades.

When school ended at 4:00pm, I had nowhere to go. My meeting with goldsmith was at five o’clock while my dad said he would pick me up at six o’clock.

‘Perhaps I should show up to the volleyball club first?’

I showed up at the gym to see if I could join the girl’s volleyball team. Only to be reminded that while I might look like a fragile, short girl, my mind was still wired to seek female affection. ‘Why is my nose bleeding? Ahhhh, I am going to get caught.’

While my mind raced with unholy thoughts, I was approached by a brunette wearing gym shorts.

“Hey, are you here to join the club?”

‘I was caught!’

I was bombarded with anxiety. I did my best to keep myself from running away. “Yes!”

She smiled at me and after introducing herself as Jessica; she threw me into a pratice match with other members of the team. I had no idea how to play volleyball, after all, I sucked at sports.

‘Sure volleyball can’t be that hard, right?’ The first thing that happened is that someone hit me in the face with the ball. Due to my fragile body, I was immediately sent to the nurse’s office.

*Internal screeching intensifies*

I had to stay there until my dad arrived. Once I was inside my dad’s car, he gave me a look of concern. “Tough day, huh?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

As we rode home, I stared out the window, hoping to see something interesting, either in the empty streets or in the starry night sky.

I wondered if Goldsmith was going to be mad that I didn’t show up at his meeting. It wasn’t my fault. Whatever the cause of his concern was, I guess I had to wait to find out.

As I dreamed about things, my peripheral vision spotted a man wearing a brown coat, or so I thought. When my eyes tried to trace the spot where the man just stood, no one was there. ‘Whatever, it was likely just a ghost.’

18