The Flower under Heaven Blooms with Love Chapter 2
271 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2

He had transmigrated.

That was the only thing that was on Lian Hua’s mind as he mechanically took a shower, brushed his teeth, and dressed himself.

During normal circumstances, he would probably be exploring the amenities of the large bathroom and the equally large walk-in closet that he unknowingly stumbled upon. But his mind had drifted inwards as he tried to make sense of his current circumstance.

Lian Hua racked his mind. He wanted to see if there were any traces of the original’s memories in his brain. He still did not know who the original was. He did not know what kind of world he is in now.

And he could not figure out how he had come to transmigrate. Did he die? He had only been out drinking with his friends last night.

Was it alcohol poisoning that did him in? He couldn’t really remember getting home after the party. Did he die along the way? He just could not figure it out.

But all of these thoughts did not matter right now. What mattered more was the fact that he was already inhabiting a different and much younger body. He was already here, but he still had no clue about who the original was.

When he finally returned to reality, he was already holding the doorknob of the bedroom’s door. He took a deep breath before turning the knob and finally walking out of the room.

He stopped the second he stepped into the hallway. He was lost! The hallway was wide and seemed to endlessly stretch from left to right. He did not know where to go!

He took another deep breath and chose to go left. He walked slowly. He was torn between the desire to come across someone to ask for directions and not wanting to meet anyone because he might not recognize them.

He chewed his lower lip, a habit that he unconsciously did when he was nervous. He put his hands inside his pants’ pockets. Feeling the hard object that was his phone inside his right pocket, he carefully took it out. He unlocked the device and started to search for information about the original body’s identity.

He first opened the phone’s gallery and took a look at the files. He saw several selfies of the original body. There were also pictures of the original with other teenage boys and girls. The original was a student, and he noticed some faces that regularly appeared in most of the pictures. Presumably, these teenagers were the original’s circle of friends.

He zoomed in on the logo of the school in the original’s school uniform.

Qingshan Senior High School

The name of the school seemed familiar to Lian Hua, but he could not determine how it was familiar to him.

While he was walking and looking down on his phone, he unexpectedly bumped into a person. He was stunned and nearly let go of his phone.

When he looked up, he saw a slim, middle-aged woman. She was wearing a neat navy blue uniform. Her hair was tied in a neat and simple bun with only a simple leather watch on her left wrist.

The woman smiled and bowed politely as she saw him.

“Young Master, the Madame is waiting for you in the dining room,” the woman said. There was a hint of respect in her voice, but there was no docility.

Lian Hua recognized her voice. She was the one who knocked on his door earlier. She was most likely a housekeeper. She didn’t wear a maid uniform, but she had an authoritative yet motherly aura about her.

He smiled back, his automatic response to cover up his discomfort and lack of knowledge about the other person and his circumstance.

He also respectfully returned the bow to the housekeeper. “Lead the way,” he said in a neutral tone. He was afraid to appear too enthusiastic to the housekeeper lest she notice anything strange with him.

His seemingly innocuous action caused a look of surprise in the housekeeper’s face. But it was only for a quick second before her expression returned to normal.

Even if it was a fast change in expression, Lian Hua was able to catch it. It made him think about the original’s usual habits toward other people.

Did the original look down on people lower than him? Did the original not treat the house’s employees respectfully?

Lian Hua had a lot of questions about the original owner of his current body. But he had no way to get answers at the moment. He desperately prayed to any god to help him absorb the original’s memories just like what happened to other transmigrators in the novels that he had read before.

Would it be okay to OOC? He wondered silently as he followed the housekeeper.

They went down an elegantly carpeted grand staircase. Lian Hua could not help but take a secret peek around the high-ceilinged foyer. The house he was in was mostly painted in different shades of white with gold accents. There was a careful blending of Eastern and Western architectural and interior designs. Everything was done in a tasteful manner, showing the owners’ careful consideration to style.

There was no doubt in Lian Hua’s mind that the original belonged to a wealthy family. But that fact only made him more concerned about his situation.

He hoped that he would not be important enough to be able to resume living in the original’s body without encountering difficulties. He hoped that he was not very smart, exceptional, or famous for other people to suspect that he had changed due to any deviation from the original’s normal attitude, intelligence, or sociability.

Although Lian Hua had a circle of friends, he was someone who could be considered socially offline. He mingled with his co-workers but did not delve deeper into other’s personal lives. He had a circle of friends, but he was mostly a stay-at-home guy during the weekends. If his friends don’t invite him out to eat or drink, he would not be bothered to go out by himself. This was also one of the indirect reasons why he only ever had one girlfriend in his 29 years of life.

He forced himself to calm down from his chaotic and uncertain thoughts. In a short while, he was going to meet the original’s mother. He wondered if he could pass this test unscathed.

 


PAchan: I am back again! I really want to write every day, just to kick into the habit of daily writing. I don’t really want to write something complicated for this story, just focusing on fluff. I’m not yet sure how long this story would be, but it will be slice of life fluff.

Where is the ML? He will appear soon!

Please leave comments. Thanks! ^_^

8