Hearts and Names
103 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drake was back in the Mainframe, he didn't know how to get to Boy, who he had seen a few times after they first met. No matter what he said, nothing would get through to him. He walked with Glitch up on one of the higher floors.

"Are you sure this is where you saw him last?" He looked around, he did see claw marks on the railing, but that could have been from anything else.

"Yeah, I have something to give him, I need to find him as soon as possible." Glitch frowned, and his eyes darted left to right.

"You? Giving anything to anyone except for stab wounds? Has hell frozen over?" He scoffed.

"Fuck you, ok? I'm not just a cardboard cutout of everything you hate about yourself. " Glitch's frown turned into a grimace.

"Alright, alright, jesus." Drake lifted his hands to the sides of his face.

Boy wasn't the best person to talk to, he was constantly bringing up that he was incomplete, it must have taken a harsh toll on Boy's sanity. He tried to get Boy to ask Wira for a replacement heart, but he said that he couldn't face Wira because of all the transgressions he had made towards the WireGirls and the server overall.

"So, what are you going to give him?" Drake turned back to Glitch, curious as to why Glitch seemed to be warming up to Boy.

"I'm not telling you shit." Glitch balled his fists and squinted his eyes at him.

A flash of light and Lunara fell on her rear end next to Drake.

"Again? Didn't I tell you to stop coming here?" He begrudgingly extended a hand and helped her up.

"I got past your father again, it's way too easy, he's so slow." She awkwardly smiled at him.

"Don't brag about not heeding my warnings." He wagged his metal claw of an index finger at her.

"Wait, I think I hear him." Glitch hushed Drake and Lunara and put a hand up to his ear.

He was right, there were booming noises that were in the distance that drew closer and closer.

"What's going on?" Lunara wrapped her arms around Drake's arm.

"Oh shit. You have to get out of here now!" He turned and grabbed the shoulder of Lunara's dress and spun around. He started to drag her behind him but then he felt the floor beneath him vibrate.

"Fuck, fuck!" Drake turned back around to see Boy as he stared at Lunara with a confused look on his face.

"What the-! What is that?!" She pointed at Boy.

"Shut the fuck up, I've got this. Hey, you!" Glitch cupped his hands outwards on top of his face and shouted at Boy.

Boy turned to him, visibly annoyed.

"The girl is off limits." Drake quickly stepped in front of Lunara.

"What? What is it?" Boy shrugged with his long arms.

"I hate this fucking thing, so take it already." Glitch put his right hand in front of himself, and with one quick motion, plunged it into his chest.

"No!" Lunara tried to get to Glitch but Drake held her back.

Glitch ripped his heart out of his chest, and held it in front of himself.

"Wh-What are you doing?" Boy looked at the heart, his eyes wide with disbelief.

"I said take it, idiot." Glitch held it a bit more upwards towards Boy. "Why is he doing this?" Lunara started to cry and buried her head in Drake's shoulder.

"I have an idea or two about why." Drake didn't really care for Glitch, so him doing something like that didn't phase him much.

"But he's you, isn't he?!" Lunara shook him as tears streamed down her face. "He's not going to be around much longer anyways, so that doesn't matter."

Drake looked down at her, confused as to why she was crying.

"What? What do you mean?" She looked up at him with wet eyes.

"He's being reabsorbed into my consciousness, that's why he has the metal arms and legs, he's going to be gone soon, so you shouldn't cry over him." Drake shook his head, he didn't feel that Glitch deserved any sympathy.

"So you're going to kill him?" She furrowed her brow in anger.

"At this point the deed is already done. He already lost his android body because of me, anyways." Drake shrugged.

"How can you be so cruel to him? I don't understand!" She sniffled and more tears welled up in her eyes.

"You don't know him like I do, he doesn't deserve your pity." Drake frowned, Lunara was being crazy, catching feelings for a psychopath like Glitch.

"He's right, I'm going to be gone soon, but I can't wait any longer." Glitch coughed.

"I can... Really have this?" Boy nervously reached towards the heart.

"No! Don't! Put it back!" Lunara tried to get past Drake, but he held her back again.

"Let him." Drake already tried to reason with Lunara, but she wasn't being very receptive.

"Let me go!" She started to punch and kick Drake.

"Ow, jesus! Stop that! What's gotten into you?" Drake started to get angry, she was so infatuated with Glitch that she, to him, probably liked Glitch more than she liked him.

"I said let me go!" She landed a punch over his heart.

That sent him into a flashback, he felt the lightning rod pierce his back again. The next thing he knew, he had his hands on her upper arms. He loosened his grip, which was tight. There was fear in her eyes. He must have blacked out.

"Why are you doing this?!" She sobbed.

He didn't mean to hurt her, and felt an instant wave of regret wash over him.

"Oh god, I- I'm sorry I-"

"Please, let me go!" She grabbed his arms and pushed him back.

He let her loose, his hands were still in the air, in the same position he grabbed her in. He looked over, and Boy was already putting Glitch's heart into his chest.

"You're too late, he's got it now." Glitch smiled sadly.

"Why? Why wouldn't you let me stop him?" Lunara punched him in his arm.

"Because it didn't matter." He covered his heart rather than his arm.

"If it didn't matter, why did you stop me? If it really didn't matter, you would have let me help him!" She stepped back and wiped the tears from her eyes.

She was right. If it really did matter, he wouldn't have held her back, and if it didn't matter enough to him, he would have let her go as soon as she started punching and kicking him.

"Oh, Oh god!" Boy wailed, and covered his face.

"Oh, yeah. Those are my emotions. You'll stop feeling those soon, it's just residual." Glitch chuckled.

The hole over Boy's heart had already closed up by the time he put Glitch's heart in his body. Surprisingly there was no blood anywhere. Not on boy's hands, or Glitch's hand.

"If it's too much, you could always give it back." Drake shrugged again.

"No, I don't want it." Glitch shook his head.

"Just admit you didn't want to live with what you did to Marissa anymore." Drake balled his fists.

"You already know that's the truth, I didn't have to say a fucking thing." Glitch looked away.

Boy wiped the tears from his eyes, though he still sniffled.

"Asher." Glitch turned to Boy.

"What?" Boy stared blankly at Glitch.

"That's your name now, it's Asher." Glitch stepped back.

"You... Named me?" Asher put a hand to his mouth.

"I thought I'd give you a human name, nothing like that number color bullshit." Glitch smiled.

"Asher... That's a great name... Th-... Thank you." Asher's eyes welled up with tears and he sniffled again.

"What's going on over here?" Wira showed up and looked concerned as she peered into the hole in Glitch's chest.

"Nothing, just giving a fellow reject a few gifts." Glitch still had a grin on his face. Wira turned around and saw that Asher's chest hole was gone.

"You gave him your heart? Why?" Wira turned back to Glitch, who happily waved back at her.

"Because I hated my emotions. I feel much better without them." He laughed and held a hand over the hole where his heart once was.

"I thought you couldn't feel emotions if you didn't have a heart." Wira's eyes nervously darted from Drake back to Glitch.

"I can't, and that's why i’m glad!" He gave a thumbs up.

"Wow, he did a complete one eighty." Drake was surprised to see how Glitch was acting. He never thought he'd see the day where Glitch would be genuinely smiling and happy for a non-horrible reason.

"Is he ok?" Lunara walked up to Glitch in a stiff manner.

"I'm fine, girl. I'm fine. Feeling nothing is way better than feeling anything at all." He turned his smile on Lunara.

"I don't think that's true. You can't feel love if you don't have any emotions." She shook her head.

"Love was the reason I gave my heart to Asher. It's fine that I can't feel that emotion anymore." His smile faded.

"You love that girl, don't you?" Asher pointed to Lunara, tears still streaming down his face.

Glitch paused, and stared at her.

"I used to." He turned and walked away.

0