1.3 Egg Bond
3.6k 5 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If only the egg has hands right now, it would probably applaud its mother. It's been three days since Lang Yuan transmigrated, yet, his adaptability skills in this world is superb!

He is not a hunter but his ability to catch rabbits matches those of the predators. Even though his tactics are a bit weird, like placing vines and thorns for traps and cages, the egg could only be proud of his mother. Though, it might look weird for the creature from this world but Lang Yuan's trap tactics are from those guerrilla games that is pretty common on Earth.

Also, the body whom Lang Yuan is residing contributed a lot. He'd never seen his new body yet but basing on how he can easily move, this body might have the same size and physique of his original body. The only difference is that in this body he has 'strength' and 'power', unlike his weak and sickly old self.

*Thwuck!*

Another quick and soft sound, another rabbit has been caught under the wooden cage. Lang Yuan fisted a pump, running towards the caught animal.

To say that he perfected the catching of rabbits is unbelievable. He, of course, experienced his mistakes earlier. He's from the world where everything is placed in plates and platter and all he have to do is eat. To learn catching animals will take some time to work. If only he's not smart and nimble he would have died from hunger. And the egg that is following him didn't have that much help.

He found the caught rabbit inside the cage. All in all, he have three live rabbits at hand, and a half rabbit that he cooked last night. With these, he can go on with his journey without stopping to hunt.

Since the time when the egg flew them over, Lang Yuan has no idea about their whereabouts. He have some of the previous owner's memory and can still tell the way if ever he got separated by his group. But this place is new and he has no idea about their exact location. Asking the egg would be useless too.

The pair of a young man and an egg arrived to a makeshift camp. The silk that was used to wrap around the egg has now become a small tent. The edges are tied using the vines against the small uproot of the surrounding trees. While a long stick was planted in the middle part to elevate the cloth. There's nothing much inside the tent other than the excess amount of fabric.

The egg gleefully rolled inside the tent and stayed on the little nest where Lang Yuan slept earlier. The boy might not know but the egg has already a keen sense of smell despite the shell around it. The egg marked the property of his mother, making it as his own. If ever Lang Yuan will know what the egg is actually doing, he would be filled with disgust.

What does it mean by property? You are a property! Your whole family is property!

The egg rolled out from the tent when it was finally satisfied with the marking. It found Lang Yuan eating the cooked rabbit in a wooden skewer. Lang Yuan chewed on his food while watching the egg coming towards him.

It's normal for Lang Yuan to get used on things easily. And the egg has no exception. He would be more worried now if it will stop moving. The egg then again settled unto his side and started rubbing him. Ah this egg is really very clingy!

"Ah JiDan, I told you to stop doing that," Lang Yuan said.

After getting tired of calling the egg, 'you', so now he named it JiDan. [JiDan = Egg ]. The egg seems to like the name and now can be called by that name afterwards.

*rub rub rub*

"Let go... you're so heavy!"

Lang Yuan might love his family cuddling him but he disliked the touch of the others. He has a severe case of anxiety because of an accident when he was still young and avoided people as he grew up. He is also dyslexic, adding to the wound that he already had. This must be the reason why he prefer to be alone and became independent.

But why is this egg has the same warmth of a family?

"When will you hatch, young one?" Lang Yuan knocked softly to the shell. "I wanted to see what kind of bird you are."

Egg: Mother, I also wanted to see you! But I'm not a bird. Why would you say that I'm a bird? ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

JiDan didn't know that in Lang Yuan's world, eggs on land are eggs of birds. Eggs on the waters would be for the fishes and reptiles.

"I wonder what kind of food you're going to eat. Seeing your size... Should I start catching snakes?"

Egg: Σ('∀`;)...(; ・'д・')?

Then again, JiDan didn't know that in Lang Yuan's world, birds eat worms. And larger birds should eat larger worms.

JiDan shook sideways. Lang Yuan is just guessing. It's not that he's serious about giving it snakes. He took a sharpened Stone from the ground and wounded his arm. He showed the arm to the egg that seems to whimper whenever its mother do it.

Egg: I'm hungry but you don't have to do that every time! 。・゚・(ノД')・゚・。

Lang Yuan noticed his arm healed when he accepted the egg. It seems that the egg healed it in exchange of consuming the bit of his blood. He experimented it the next day and found out that JiDan grew again after dropping blood to the shell. He didn't feel any loss from giving so he continued feeding it in this way.

Little did he know that being able to satisfy an Emperor Dragon with this small amount of blood means that the body of the feeder is not ordinary. He could be in par of that creature or greater than them. But Lang Yuan isn't aware so he remained ignorant.

The two finished eating and continued their journey. Lang Yuan did the job of taking the cloth from the makeshift tent and wrapped it around JiDan. He is still not aware of what kind of power this egg have but base on how those people protect the egg...

It's better to be vigilant. Nobody knows who is the enemy or not. Lang Yuan carried the egg on his back like a baby and started walking. Somehow, the egg isn't getting heavier as he was getting used of it. He can even climb a tree without straining.

On the other hand, a man emitting pure bloodlust and power is sitting on his throne, glancing unto his subjects once and returned to look on the ring of his finger and rubbed it. He sensed the living spirit of his kind and also the one who shares the same blood. It seems that his newborn kin has awoken.

The subjects who are kneeling under the pressure of their emperor trembled, especially when they saw the Supreme smile. He might be smiling but the glint under his eyes are different.

"It seems the Our kind has awoken. Us, We are surprised," he said.

"It's only five years... are you not protecting the forest well?"

Indeed, it was too early. He thought that it will take a few hundred years before the egg will hatch. But feeling the soul force getting stronger, maybe a week or two and His child will be born.

"Your Honor," Lu BoQin, one of the respected generals stood up. He's the one responsible for guarding the egg.

"The egg indeed was taken by the mortals. However, if the egg disliked the one performing the First Blood, then the egg will not be awaken. It seems that Your Highness kin had found a proper being."

True and true. If the egg didn't like the First Blood then the egg will not wake up. The Supreme thought of it too and was amused. Who could have been this mortal that not only made his child awoken but also give him enough food to wake up?

It takes a single egg a hundred years before completely hatching. But His child is now already on the peak. He child woke up a few days ago and is now ready to walk out from the shell.

"Look for this human," the Emperor ordered.

Lu BoQin bowed and left the stage. Another surge of energy came out from the Emperor but a bit different from the usual blood lust. It seems that his interest peaked on meeting this one human.

"Achoo!" And Lang Yuan sneezed when he thought that someone must be talking ill about him. 


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

84