1.5 Egg Bond
3.5k 1 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lang Yuan wandered around for days until he managed to found a road. He had been feeding himself with rabbit meat, and sometimes he would cook snakes and frogs. Whenever there's a lake, he would catch a fish or two and consume it happily while feeding the egg his blood. This thing continued to happen until his first problem appeared after his first arrival.

The egg is no longer large. It is larger now. The size of an ostrich egg has become the size of three human heads!

He could still carry the egg on his back but the egg is earning its weight. Rather than to have it on his arms, he would let the egg roll around to which the round object is happy to receive. The egg wanted his mother's touch always but little freedom for playtime like this is also good. The egg will randomly roll around him never taking a meter away from Lang Yuan.

While on their way tracing the path of the road they met some merchants. These merchants carried an average cart behind them, most of their belongings are cloths and dresses. Lang Yuan managed to wrap the huge egg on the silk and carried on his back like a bag pack. He also covered the top part with crops to pretend that he's also a travelling merchant like them.

The caravan stopped when they saw a man waving his hand to the front. This young man has a filthy appearance, clothes torn from here and there, the color is closer to a mud. His hair is sticking around, resembling that of a bird's nest. His face is unrecognizable, it is as if he hasn't taken a bath or a look from the mirror. The merchants are reluctant to stop if ever this person is a bandit.

But to their surprise, there's something more to this young man. And that is the 'little' bundle that he tried to hide on his back.

"Greetings," Lang Yuan managed to cup his hand while bowing properly.

The merchants looked at this young man. Now that they're closer, they can feel the warning aura of their young prince. It seems that the egg noticed their arrival beforehand and is now only settling quietly. The young man has still no idea what is happening and smiled at them.

"Mister, I would like to know where this road would lead. You see, I lost my belongings on the way when a group of bandits stole my things. With no map and horse to travel, I've been wandering around for some time."

Lang Yuan managed to tell these strangers his situation and well-being without revealing anything about himself. Actually, he practiced these lines for the longest of time. He can't have his anxiety to overwhelm him. He never started a conversation in his previous life before unless someone will initiate to do it. This is such an achievement for the past him.

While the young man is seriously asking them direction, the merchants can't help but to be nervous. After all, the family jade is unaware of their identity. Once the Emperor Dragon told them to look for the person who bonded with his unhatched egg all the forces are scattered around the human realm. Each of them are ordered to pretend as a human to avoid alarming the humans. They would often lie low, will pretend as a beggar or merchants.

It might be luck that they found the egg first. The first merchant who is facing Lang Yuan smiled. The young man breathe a sigh of relief when the merchant showed a friendly sight.

"This road will lead the Town of Qing. The other to the Town of Shan. It will take three days to travel to Shan. While you can reach Qing by tomorrow morning."

"Oh," Lang Yuan muttered knowingly. The merchant's caravan is going towards Shan. It would be good if he could ask them for a ride. But the egg...

"The Town of Qing... is there a way for me to earn money from there?" Yang Luan asked again.

The merchant looked at him. Aside from the fake crops that he placed to camouflage the egg, the boy has nothing visible to sell. And he's sure those crops are not needed by the town.

"What is this young man selling? I can buy it if it's good," the merchant decided. After all, they are ordered to look for him but didn't tell them to bring him directly.

"Um..." Lang Yuan's eyes wandered around the things on the cart. He saw the finest of the cloths glimmering under the sun.

"I can sell you this silk."

He shyly showed the piece of clothing to the merchant. They both looked in surprise. This thing... this cloth is made from the threads of a high level spider creature that has been living for a thousand years. It is not vulnerable to any weather and temperature, not even the sharpest sword can slice through it. It was used to wrap around the egg for the protection and insulation in case the cold winds will cover it. For this man to just simply show it to them...

Is this guy really unaware of his status?

Lucky for them to find him first or else people will get suspicious. This thousand year old silk can't be bought with any small price. A five by five inch can already sold for one hundred gold coins, enough to strip a Lord from its position. If Lang Yuan showed it to the Town people, not only his things would be stolen but he might also be killed. The price is no way lower than a million if he will sell a whole piece of it!

But Lang Yuan didn't know about its quality nor the quantity of their currency. What he though is that if he could exchange this thing with some few coins then he'll look for an inn to stay for a while. He needed to know the information about this world and he can't find it if he will stay alone by himself. He also have to hide the egg and the perfect place for hiding is a private room.

He waited the merchant to say anything. The man is studying the silk intently as if it's interest is only on the object. The other merchant tapped his back and talked to him quietly. Lang Yuan waited for a while before the merchant returned to him.

"Young man, where did you get this cloth?" The merchant asked as if he didn't know.

"Ah... Um..." Lang Yuan didn't expected this question! Are they suspecting him of stealing this object?

It didn't show to his face but Lang Yuan is actually panicking. This feeling is the same to that feeling he had one time when his mother brought him to buy something on the grocer. He first took the line for paying while his mother went to an aisle to get something she forgot to buy. When it was his turn to pay, his mother has not yet to come back. He can still remember how his anxiety attacked him during that time.

"It's okay!" The other merchant hurriedly said. The egg noticed its mother's worry so it started releasing a killing aura. The two who are afraid from the young prince quickly thought of something.

"What?"

"This is a very expensive cloth, I say. Actually, we wanted to buy the whole of it. You can sell a foot by foot for five hundred golds. What if..."

The merchant showed him a pouch filled with gold. Lang Yuan was surprised to see the amount this piece of clothing can give him. He is now worried if this will give him trouble in the future.

"We don't have enough money but we can exchange the other half with clothes. If you want, we can give you a horse and bags of food for your travels. We can plan for another day to pay for the remaining balance if that's okay with you."

If they are lying to him then Lang Yuan can still sell the remaining silks that he hid behind. But what he didn't know that one gold coin is enough for an average family to survive a month...

After their exchange, the merchants left. Now, with a new horse and food, Lang Yuan made it through a nearby lake. The merchants told him about a lake where he can take his clothes to clean. Seeing how dirty Lang Yuan is, they doubt that the town will accept him. He might be kicked out before stepping a foot inside.

Placing his things safely under a shade of a tree, Lang Yuan took off his outer garments and remained on his lower pants. The egg didn't follow him but watch its mother bath. The egg was surprised! It already knows how its mother looks like but it didn't expected its mother to be this ethereally beautiful!

Lang Yuan headed towards the shore and tested the water. He kneeled down and watched his reflection. Oh, he didn't look different at all. Aside from the long hair and the eyeglasses, he looks exactly the same. Now he wondered if it was only his soul that got transferred and not his whole body.

"Yuan-er, you still look the same," he told the reflection while scrunching his nose. "Still looking stupid and dumb."

He first washed his face. He has been wandering around with only sleeping and eating while searching for a way. It would be normal for him to have such a mud painted face. After his face, he also started washing his hair, then dipping down to the lake.

To say that this guy is ethereally beautiful indeed gave justice. With his skin clean from dirt, one can easily see the milkish white skin and smooth delicate body. He has only light muscles but his arms and abdomen still showed some lines, maybe from this whole time hunting and walking. His two peaks on the chest are both rosy pink, tempting to be bitten.

The egg excitedly rolled towards the end of the water but halted. The egg is still unable to swim, that would be so sad because it wanted to join its mother. Lang Yuan stifled a laugh and went towards the egg.

"JiDan, are you scared of the water?" Lang Yuan giggled.

Egg: mother, I'm not scared of the water! But I can't still swim without my limbs yet! (・_・;)

Lang Yuan carried the egg over. With the help of the water, the egg only floated up. But the young man didn't let go and hugged the egg more carefully. He wasn't sure but he knows he would be sad if he will lose the egg.

JiDan watched its mother carefully. Lang Yuan is obviously a man but his face is beautiful. His eyes are crimson in color, very deep and majestic. The brows are drawn in a beautiful arc as if a painter made them. His nose are small that matched his petal like pinkish lips. The egg could not help but to blush. Its mother is too beautiful! Stunningly beautiful!

Lang Yuan finished his bath after scrubbing every part of his body clean. He also cleaned the shell of the egg and wrapped it back to the silk. The young man tied his things on the back of the horse and started travelling. He isn't knowledgeable about riding horses but it seems that this body is capable of riding one. He headed towards the nearest town Qing and hoped to find his answers.

Little did he know that later on that town he will face his golden thigh, his first adversary, and the start of a very long journey of Lang Yuan.


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

84