2.5 The Town Of Qian
3.2k 3 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day is nice and the weather is good. Everyone is on their respective quarters doing their daily assigned tasks. Disciples of different levels are divided to do different activities. The senior disciples would be working around the quarters of their masters, either doing some meditation or copying scriptures. Junior disciples are usually found on classrooms, or not, doing some assignments on the library pavilion. While the probationary disciples would be doing the most tedious job of watering the plants, cleaning the floors, dusting shelves, etc. before being able to do some meditation.

The High-Rise Peak, to which YanLing Sect is located, is so peaceful that nobody thought that the whole group is in a desperate situation.

A certain man can be found in a middle of a very spacious garden planted with high-grade magical herbs. This man is sitting in an elegant lotus position, eyes closed, while breathing in good and controlled intervals. You can't find any sweat from that pale face, nor a strand of misplaced hair. His image is so still that a painter would be willing to draw his face for a fine long time.

Jiang XeXun is doing his usual cultivation practice. He was currently meditating, trying to breakthrough from his mid-level celestial cultivation. By consuming in some fresh air, his nerves calmed down while feeling the flow of qi inside his body. He then controlled the flow, an image of a bluish white object flowing out from his meridians going towards the center of his concentration. The entity formed a ball, spinning around, until it aggregated the energy collected. The light of ball is spinning so fast that making a little bit of mistake and it will escape from his grasp.

Cold sweat started to form on his forehead. He's been trying to get through with his bottleneck for five years and it seems that today he will be able to break it. He steadied his flow, taking the control of that ball, until it dispersed into small particles. The particles then returned to his meridians, filling his empty shell with a new kind of energy. It only took a few minutes before he's done.

He opened his eyes and heaved a sigh. A little bit and he will be able to do it. He closed his eyes again to start when a noise disturbed him. Frantic small steps from someone is running towards his direction. Jiang XeXun warned his disciples to do not disturb him during this time unless a mountain has moved from its land or the ocean has dried off. What could be the reason why this disciple has the nerve to disrupt his cultivation time?

A junior disciple ran towards the middle of the field, looking left and right searching for a certain person until his sights landed towards Jiang XeXun who is calmly sitting in lotus. The disciple then hurriedly went to his master and kneeled down to boy as if asking for forgiveness. He knows that the master will be doing his cultivation in this time; however, if he will not do it he's sure he'll be killed. Better to have his master punish him with a hundred whips than to be mercilessly killed by a god.

Jiang XeXun opened his eyes and saw the trembling boy bowing so low his head touched the ground. He said, "What made this small disciple to disturb its master?"

"Minister Jiang XeXun, a request has been sent by the World Emperor. Your Highness requested for your presence!"

"Then I shall heed," he said. "Prepare my horse and a caravan to bring gifts to the Emperor. I will set soon to meet His Majesty."

He stood up from his position and walked towards his quarters. The disciple found its master walking away and quickly gathered his legs. He ran at the front of the minister and blocked his way by kneeling down again with his head on the ground. The minister was annoyed and would wanted to kick the disciple not after he heard it say: "Minister Jiang XeXun, the World Emperor is already waiting at the grand hall!"

The huge door of the Grand Hall was loudly opened by a smaller figure. He walked in large and quick strides, tracing the middle path where a red carpet was placed. There are already people inside, mostly are senior disciples who are using the Grand Hall earlier and some of the masters of the sect. They all looked at the figure who came, their faces are pale from the sudden arrival of the supreme being. Jiang XeXun scanned the hall and found a man who only looked twenty-five sitting on the top most chair where Mistress Ying Mei usually sat on meetings.

Jiang XeXun cupped his hands while bowing to show his respect towards the World Emperor. The others are bowing on their knees on the floor with their heads touching the lower ground. He then said: "May the Emperor live and reign for ten thousand years, ten thousand years, ten thousand of ten thousand years!"

Everyone followed: "May the Emperor live and reign for ten thousand years, ten thousand years, ten thousand of ten thousand years!"

Their voices echoed to the Grand Hall that seem to last for minutes. Everything became silent, waiting a word from the Emperor. Jiang XeXun remained on his bowing position while thinking what the hell is this Emperor doing in his territory and why he summoned him.

He knows that what he did a few weeks ago is a subject very related to this Emperor. This man, named as Yu XueQin, is the owner of the egg that he took from the forbidden forest. This request of his presence might be related to that but he knows that what he did is not wrong.

According to the scriptures, a dragon would always leave their offsprings on the Human Realm in search of a cultivator's blood. A dragon isn't a careless creature and not stupid. Leaving their eggs is due to the lack of energy needed for a child to be born. What's inside the egg is an entity and it only have half of life from the dragon. It needed another half to live and break the shell of seclusion.

That is why Jiang XeXun took the initiative of getting the egg from the nest. He planned to take it on the Mistress to create a Blood Bond. Of course, he is confident that their mistress will be able to make a bond from it. After all, his mistress is stronger than he is. If the Mistress power is still enough, then, they can make use of the disciples that they have. They didn't take all those talentless individuals for nothing. Even though their soul magic is few, once aggregated, can still fill a whole tank. They can use it to feed the egg.

They could have been celebrating for the success if not only with that small disciple who stole the egg from them.

Then, was it possible that the Emperor is here to question him about that disciple? Or wanted to know why he took the egg from the nest? But that would be something new. He knew how the elders from the past took the egg from the Emperor in every thousands of years. Per millennium, the Emperor will lay its egg and toss it to the human realm. However, due to the low cultivation of the past that none of the eggs hatched. The Emperor has successfully collected the ten eggs properly, all are dead.

Well, the egg only has a shell life of five hundred years. Any date later than that, the egg will refuse to come out and will eventually die.

"Servant, rise," a magnetic voice pulled him (JXX) from the trance. He looked up to see the face of the ruler that remained omnipotent for the last ten thousand years.

Jiang XeXun can't explain how this Emperor looks like. The supreme didn't show itself for two thousand years, it would be normal for him not to recognize its face. However, once seeing it you will never forget it. He never meets such a person who has this kind of imposing golden eyes as if saying that the world is his and his only.

Emperor Yu XueQin is wearing his dragon robes, a black cloth with golden strips, embroided with the most exquisite intricate designs showing images of a flying dragon. His hands are full of rings, one in each finger, holding the most powerful gems that protect, hell, and form its master. By just having one will either make a person invulnerable to any fire attacks or can move mountains upside down.

But what made this Emperor so eye catching is his stoic and handsome face. His irises are golden slits that matched his perfectly arched thick brows. His nose is long, complementing his thin long red lips and visible jaw lines. His look has the same feature of that of a dragon, except that he has no scales and pretty much humanoid to the eyes. The only thing that kept his identity as a dragon in this form is the pair of cerulean horns on the either sides of his temples. No matter delicate, yet, gave a strong allure to his whole being.

This Supreme Being is looking at the minister with clear eyes, irises moving like microscopic lenses, studying this subject in front of him. He then said, "We wanted to know this servant's name."

"This servant is named as Jiang XeXun, Your Majesty," he said, cupping his hand while bowing slightly.

"Minister Jiang XeXun..." the magnetic voice sounded strongly that the whole place trembled slightly. "We want to use this hall to hold the celebration of Our wedding."

"This servant will follow what Your Majesty's wish-" Jiang XeXun is in the middle of another bow when the words quickly dissolved on his brain.

"..."

Everyone in the hall almost stopped breathing when they heard what the Emperor said. They heard that he said he will be holding a wedding? A wedding of whom?

"Do not worry; We will be paying all the expenses for the event. We wanted to held the wedding at the higher realm, however, a custom must be followed, and my bride should be connected with me before entering the realm. I will appoint this place as the setting of the Empress' place."

What? The Emperor is worried with the expenses? Jiang XeXun doesn't care a hell about money. What he wanted to know is why the Emperor is getting married? Well, he's not really looking down at this being that can shake mountains and dry seas. However, isn't this a bit sudden? Yesterday, he was lamenting on how to lighten his punishment from the mistress. And now he's here to become a wedding planner?

The Emperor noticed the weird face the minister making and grinned. "Then, We don't want to waste time and plan about it..."

Jiang XeXun would want to know more but he knows his place. He's not that powerful to question this Emperor. After all, he is still a small being in front of the beast. How can his one hundred years of cultivation can be compared to the Emperor's ten thousand years of reign? He's only a mere cannon fodder that can be easily crushed.

The minister called the scribes to write the words of the Emperor as if it's a decree. Jiang XeXun talked with the Emperor with a calm and careful way. They discussed about the decoration of the hall, about the human customs and such. Jiang XeXun never had an affair on his entire life. How would he know how a wedding would look like?

Thanks to the married ladies who would occasionally come to the sect to cook that they managed to reach a safe base. After the decoration, the people attending the wedding were listed. The Emperor didn't have his family to the human realm so it was expected that some of his beast generals would come down to attend. There are also some high officials from the other countries invited, including the four sects of the continents.

It took them about five hours of planning thing about the place, food, clothes, the rooms for the guests, and the specially tasked by the Emperor: the chambers for the night of consummation. A few of the disciples have their faces red after hearing it. They all know what will happen the night after the wedding. They made sure to prepare going out to not disturb the Emperor.

The most important parts of the wedding were settled. Only the minor details are left and Jiang XeXun can somehow do it by himself. The Emperor was pleased by how efficient this human and thought to reward the individual later. Though, he (YQX) noticed the frown from the human's face, knowing what it has on mind. He then spoke: "What is it that you want to ask from Us? We will answer it truthfully."

Jiang XeXun saw the Emperor and thought. He hesitated a bit before asking,"This servant wanted to know who the lucky bride of Your Majesty is."

The Emperor already expected the question and made a low chuckle.

"We know that you have met the bride, Minister Jiang XeXun."

"...?" Jiang Xexun met the bride? He met the bride? When?

Then the face of the disciple formed in his mind. He abruptly looked up at the Supreme Being and guessed the thing right. He's marrying that kid? But... why? How?

"The ceremony will be held anytime next week. After my child comes out, We will quickly hold the wedding."

Another wave of contortion appeared from the minister's face. Not only did the kid managed to make a bond to the egg, he also managed to feed the egg and made it hatch? He never heard of such ridiculous thing before! The Egg was stolen just weeks ago! Why will it hatch as quickly as that? A month has not even yet passed!

Minister Jiang XeXun is still on the fit of confusion. While the person they are talking about is just carelessly feeding the egg unaware of the future event that he will be facing.

________________________________________
Phew, this is a long chapter. I like writing long chapters the most haha.

Well, I did not own the pic. This is how Emperor Yu XueQin looks like in my imagination.

 This is how Emperor Yu XueQin looks like in my imagination


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

75