3.1 JiDan Is Born!
3.3k 13 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Crack!

That's the first thing he heard after opening the door.

Crack! Crack! Crack!

Why is there a cracking sound in his room? He didn't remember bringing anything that would make such noise. He walked towards the sink to wash his face. Right, aside from JiDan, who will make such sound-?

Lang Yuan's face paled as he dashed towards the corner of the bed where he wrapped the egg earlier. He hastily peeled the silk from the egg, as the cracking is getting louder and louder. Once all the cloth was taken away, only the egg has remained. It has obvious cracks around its body, running from the bottom part up to the tip where Lang Yuan is watching.

JiDan is about to hatch!

He only left the egg earlier to which he though is a little behaving than usual. He took this chance to go out and eat lunch, then later he planned to look some information to a nearby guild. He didn't want to return to his room and head out. But something from his gut says that he have to go back or else he will miss something great. And he did! He almost did!

Lang Yuan watched the egg with anticipation. He sat on the side, carefully watching the shell as the cracks are increasing rapidly. Maybe it took almost ten minutes before the cracking stopped. He looked at the egg restlessly. Why did it stop?

"JiDan? JiDan? Are you there?" He softly called out.

But the egg did not move. A sudden throb made his heart uneasy. Why did the egg stopped cracking? Was it tired? Lang Yuan wanted to hear the answers but the egg remained motionless. He ran towards the nearby cabinet and found a knife. He cut a bit from his finger and went back to the shell. He pressed a pressure towards the wound and blood came out. Five drops came in contact with the shell.

He waited for a while to see a reaction but there's none. He added more drops of blood, cutting another wound on the other four fingers, and made it drop at the top of the egg. Blood is already trailing on the sides of the egg when it started to stir. Lang Yuan ignored the needle pain on his palms and watched the egg closely again.

The cracking continued but in a slow pace this time. The cracks are also tiny, and there was this tugging motion from the inside. Another ten minutes passed after finally half of the shell was divided. One small push and the top of the egg opened up like a chest. Lang Yuan waited for the creature to come out from the shell when a baby crying was heard.

Huh? A baby cry? But he didn't bring any baby-

Lang Yuan inched closer to the egg and hovered over, seeing a bowl shaped shell. In the middle of the shell was a naked baby soaked with what seem to be greenish-clear mucus. The baby is a boy that has his eyes still close, small chubby arms with hands in small fists, legs slightly trying to rise from its position. It was crying, wailing, as if calling to its mother's hug and tender care. The baby is calling him!

But Lang Yuan who expected to see a large chick to come out was frozen. Ah, why is it a human baby ba!

Scientific laws and theories flooded his mind with mathematical equations. He's trying to understand how the hell there is a human baby inside the egg. He was carrying it carelessly all this time, thinking that the shell is hard and it's a chicken anyway. If it became dumb and stupid then he will train it so it will have some use. And if there are any more complications, he will think of some machines that will help it to cope up. Who would have thought that it's a baby!

Ah, Lang Yuan! You can no longer use your family name again!

The baby continued crying, twisting small movements showing discomfort. Lang Yuan came back from his trance and stared at the baby confusedly. He didn't know how to take good care of a child! It is true that he has a lot of small brothers and sisters but they are already grown up. The youngest would be at four years old and he has smaller siblings that took responsibility of taking good care of that kid. All he needed to do is to just sit there and watch them play.

The face of the crying baby has turned very red. Lang Yuan started to panic, wondering what he should do. He tried recalling all the things that he learned from biology class. Wait, that class didn't teach child caring at all. All that he learned from that class is a bit of sex education and a lot of topics about dissecting animals! Pwee, what a waste of memory space!

Lang Yuan can no longer tell what to do and just simply watch the baby. He was helpless, unable to do something about it. But staring at that little bun crying and wailing... his heart started to ache. Why does it feel like this baby is asking for his warmth?

With trembling hands, Lang Yuan reached down for the baby. He hesitated for a while, before soaking his hand down to the mucus. He felt the slimy liquid wrapped his skin and it stung a little. But Lang Yuan proceeded and gently placed his hands on the back of the baby, while the other one is carefully holding the back of the head.

Maybe it is from that contact that the baby stopped crying. Lang Yuan felt a tingle and smiled a bit, feeling a bit relieved from the reaction. He then slowly pulled the baby up, tugging the small creature out from the mucus. Eventually, he managed to take the bun out and held it towards his chest.

In a single room in a huge city, a young man of eighteen is holding a precious little jade into his arms. The baby has ceased crying and is now comfortably snuggling to his chest, listening to the fast and loud beating heart of his mother. Finally! Finally, he was able to touch his lovely mother. He was able to come out safely!

But unknown to the happiness of the little bun is a man who can't stop crying. Tears flooded out from his eyes as he stared at the little bun. Ah, why is it now that he is the one crying! But what can he do? The moment he took the child in his chest, his heart suddenly released happiness. He is happy. Very very happy! It is as if the world has given him a gift of a thousand gold and dreams!

This feels family! It is as if he gave birth to the baby!

Lang Yuan tried to stifle his tears while chuckling lightly to himself. The baby in his arms is very cute and warm. He leaned closer to the face of the little bun and kissed his nose. The baby felt the touch and found it itchy, slightly wrinkling its nose. Lang Yuan can't help but to laugh. Ah, this small bun is so cute!

The baby heard the laughter and can't help but to open his eyes. It would be the first time for the baby to see the world apart from the darkness inside the shell. From the memories passed to him by his blood, he had the gist of what the outside world would look like. But it would be different if you can see it with your eyes.

The baby gradually opened its eyes, long eyelashes fluttered apart. Crimson-colored irises came into view, seeing the same pair of eyes looking at him. The baby can't help but to be chocked with too much happiness. He always thought that the world is beautiful. But he didn't know that it was much beautiful! In this world, he has his mother's eyes looking at him.

Lang Yuan saw the eyes of the baby and was surprised to see irises that have his color. They both stared at each other for a while, registering the faces of each other. Lang Yuan smiled, leaned closer to kiss the little bun on the forehead. The little bun shyly smiled at his mother, his eyes never leaving his sight.

"My cute little bun..." Lang Yuan said. "You are my precious little bun."

The baby moved, agreeing to what his mother said. Yes, he is your precious little bun and no other else! Lang Yuan wanted to snuggle with the baby more but the baby is still naked and full of mucus. It would be bad if he will catch cold.

"Let's wipe this entire fluid ba. Then I will sew some clothes..."

Wait a minute, Lang Yuan forgot something. He still didn't give the baby a name!

"Ah, what should I do? I called you JiDan all this time because I thought..."

The baby seems to understand his words and nodded when it heard its name. Lang Yuan frowned and called the name again: "Ji... JiDan?"

The baby cooed. It seems that the baby like it.

"JiDan, you are my precious JiDan, right?" He asked the baby.

JiDan comfortably snuggled more answering yes to his mother. Lang Yuan is satisfied. He slowly stood up and hugged the small bun closer to his chest. He looked at the broken shell and the mucus messing the bed. It would be a lot of work but it is okay. He was happy that JiDan is all safe and good. 


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

87