3.2 JiDan Is Born!
3.2k 5 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lang Yuan snuggled the little bun.

After a few minutes of contemplating on what he should do about the shell and the mucus, the sudden movement of the fluid stunned him. The expensive silk that wrapped the egg suddenly sucked the liquid like a sponge. It only took a few seconds before all of the mucus from the bed had gone, as if the existence of the mucus is just a dream at all.

He squinted his a eyes many times wondering if he's dreaming or imagining it. But when he touched the dry bed with no trace of the earlier mess, the silk really did sucked it all in. Lang Yuan only shrugged his shoulders and thought that he should be used to this. After all, he is living in a world where a human can live a thousand of years. What's more of a mucus-sucking silk?

Though, unknown to our adorable main character that one of the reason why the silk is wrapped around the egg is to actually suck whatever the egg will release when it hatches. It includes all the bodily fluids and feces. This makes the silk become sturdier, because whatever a dragon peels off contains the most condensed form of magical energy. Even now, the silk has more value than before.

But what does that mean to Lang Yuan? For him, nothing has more value than the little bun snuggling on his chest.

After recovering from the surprise, Lang Yuan requested some servants to bring warm water to his room. JiDan is still naked and sticky, this little bun must be washed. He also asked a sewing kit and scissors thinking that after washing JiDan he'll make him some makeshift clothes. Lang Yuan knows how to sew and an expert at it. He's the one who mends the clothes of his siblings.

When Feng Wen heard about the request, she quickly grabbed the opportunity and took it. She thought that she can use this chance to sneak inside the room of the man and earn a favor from him. And if there's a good atmosphere, she can bring him to bed while being drunk from desires. Feng Wen smirked while running the drama inside her mind, almost making all the females watching her shiver in fear.

She shamelessly asked a few men to fetch her some water thinking that she's preparing for a bath. After collecting an ample amount of warm water, she made them carry it upstairs right in front of Lang Yuan's room. She slyly told them to go and the men just followed from her hypnosis.

Feng Wen straightened her hair first, checking her clothes, and sprayed a sickenly sweet perfume. When everything is all good and right, she lightly knocked on the door thrice. Everything is silent at first until few shuffling can be heard. She prepared the smile once the lock of the door moved, a man with a refreshing smile on his face pushed it open.

Lang Yuan didn't care whatever the people will think once they saw him carrying a child. He came into the city alone, Shen Qi and Mister Qiu only know him travelling alone. To suddenly have a baby on his arms, will it not raise any suspicions?

Whatever ba! Nobody knows who he is so why not continue the story he made? After all, Lang Yuan is very good in making up stories that he can sign up as a web novelist.

The first thing that Feng Wen noticed is the the small bundle on Lang Yuan's arms. The little bun is currently snuggling to his chest. Both of its little hands are slightly moving, like grasping the air due to minimal muscle control. Lang Yuan can't help but give that small hand a light peck and the baby would coo. Feng Wen widened her eyes, unbelieving to the events happening before her eyes.

This guy… this guy is carrying a baby ba!

She never thought that Lang Yuan is married and has a son. Wait, she remembered this guy checking in alone. There would be no chance that he is carrying a child without Master Qui knowing about it. Lang Yuan also didn't went out and only came down from his room to eat lunch. He has no signs common to a married man, much more of having a son! What is this?

Maybe the baby isn't his?

Yes, it is a possibility. This child is not his. It's impossible that he will have a son. Feng Wen can't accept the notion of any woman taking this man first before her. If he has a wife, what is her position then?

Feng you naturally stupid, I may say. Lang Yuan is good looking, has a very kind feature, smart, caring, loving… who would not want a man like that? And what's more, anyone would want to snatch him right away! No more talking and grab the jade before anyone else can!

Fortunately, somebody already owned Lang Yuan so she should go and scram!

After playfully pecking the hand of the child then Lang Yuan decided to look up. He found the beautiful lady with the name of… of… was it Weng? But who cares, his attention then was shifted towards the pails of warm water beside the woman.

"Aiya, thank you for bringing the water. Let me..."

Lang Yuan wanted to reach the pail and bring it in but sadly he only has two arms and both are occupied by a cute little bun. He wanted to put JiDan down the bed but he's a bit reluctant on leaving a newborn baby alone. He though for a while, looking at Feng Wen, then a smile is formed on his face. Feng Wen is still deciding that this child is not Lang Yuan's.

"Would sister mind if I will leave the baby in your arms while I carry this bucket inside?" Lang Yuan asked.

Feng Wen wanted to decline but how could she? Lang Yuan might feel that she is not a good woman of refusing to hold a child. After all, a woman should be the one who takes good care of the children. She must be delicate, caring, while soothing the small bun. It is in their nature to be child "friendly".

She forced a smile on her face. Lang Yuan carefully handed JiDan, leaning closet to her to not let the baby fall. She smelled a very good scent, manly yet not sweaty, a smell of a rich second generation. Feng Wen held the baby on her arms as if her own child, showing how a good mother figure she can be. Lang Yuan is satisfied and proceeded on carrying the pail inside.

While the unaware protagonist is busy doing his job, the slutty Feng Wen slightly moved to the side to examine the child. In this world, DNA testing and what-not is still not possible so the only way people can test if anyone is related to the other is through resemblance. The baby will usually take a trait or two from any of the parents, starting from the color of the hair down to the size of toe. Feng Wen found the baby to have distinct features from Lang Yuan.

JiDan has black hair but Lang Yuan has the faint shade of redness from his hair. JiDan is a bit tanned, a ton different from Lang Yuan's milkish white skin. JiDan has button nose, thin lips, peach blossom eyes, while Lang Yuan is still called beautiful, but this baby showed pure manliness. Nothing is the same at all!

So maybe this child is not really his son!

But unknown to her is JiDan sulking on her arms. The moment Lang Yuan's warmth left him, he has the urge to cry out loud. He wanted to go back to his mother, wanted to be on those warmer arms than to be this woman who only have disgustingly large breasts and a fish brain. It seems that the nutrients that should be brought to her brain went down to her chest.

He (JD) can also feel Feng Wen's gaze as if checking him. This woman, what are you planning to do? He slowly opened his eyes to look at the woman to give her a sneer. But the lady only gasped in surprise upon seeing a pair of crimson irises looking at her.

Ah, these eyes… they both have the same color la!

Feng Wen can just simply reject the idea that JiDan is really Lang Yuan's child but crimson irises never belonged to the Empire of Qian. It would be unusual for a baby to own it without a source. With that, the only thing that JiDan took from his mother's trait is those eyes. And in the future, he would be proudly showing it to people, and be reminded about the existence of a once beautiful being that existed in this world.

Her face contorted. She can't believe that somebody already took this man from her. It must be her child that this man must be holding, not another woman's! But hey, she didn't know that the mother is actually Lang Yuan and the father is somewhere else near…

JiDan: Pathetic ugly bitch.

Feng Wen: …

Feng Wen looked around when she heard a voice but nobody spoke around them. She looked down at the child and glared at it. She felt that it was this baby who called her ugly so she purposely tightened her grip in one of the arms of the baby, wanting to tear the skin apart and cook it alive. JiDan isn't scared to whatever this woman is planning but he didn't want his mother worry so he cried.

Lang Yuan flinched when he heard an ear shattering cry. He hurriedly turned around and searched for the baby. He saw JiDan throwing a fit from the woman's hold, wriggling and kicking her face as if trying to escape. Feng Wen can't stop the kicking so she unconsciously throw the baby away. Lang Yuan saw her arms tossing the child away.

Maybe it's his ‘maternal’ instincts that Lang Yuan made a very fast lapse to reach the child. In a pulse, he caught the baby before it fell to the ground, carefully hugging it towards his chest. JiDan who is a bit surprised to what Feng Wen did cried for real.

Lang Yuan's face paled. He looked down at the little bun and see if there's something wrong with it. JiDan is crying and hastily wriggling on his hold. Only did JiDan stop when he heard Lang Yuan hushing him. The baby looked up and saw its mother. JiDan's tears turned to smile, his arms reaching up to touch Lang Yuan's face.

It took Feng Wen a while before she realized what she did. Her arms that is now void with the small child is trembling, unable to understand the fear inside her heart. She looked at Lang Yuan who is lovingly soothing the child, then also look at her with a different expression. He walked in front of her and-

PACK!

He slapped her face!

Lang Yuan quickly walked inside the room shutting the door close before Feng Wen could say anything to prove her innocence.

What innocence ba! She almost killed my little bun!

And for the first time, Lang Yuan felt too much anger that even JiDan can't help but to watch his mother in fear.

JiDan: Ah! Mother is so scary!


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

84