3.4 JiDan Is Born!
3.1k 4 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lang Yuan were not able to wake up and remained sleeping. It is due to his first night sleeping on a decent bed in a safer environment, somehow making him lower his guard. He is breathing evenly, chest heaving up and down, while slightly tugging the baby on his arms in a hug. Lang Yuan looked like any parent who fell asleep while making their young ones sleep too.

How about JiDan?

After a few hours of sleeping, the light sleepiness of a baby gathered upon him. He is already awake two hours ago when Lang Yuan moved a bit to snuggle the baby on his chest. But instead of crying, the adorable little bun only remained silent, watching his mother's face in a closer inspection. JiDan cannot help to giggle while watching Lang Yuan sleep.

It is as if someone is tickling him, but actually, it is due to too much happiness.

The night went deeper and not only Lang Yuan is now sleeping. Turning the lights off in wonderful succession, the streets are now filled with only the moonlight and the silence of a huge city in a slumber. If ever there are still awake in this time that must be those drunkards that are still roaming around with an empty bottle, slaves still working overnight, and night shift guards patrolling around.

This includes the shadows of five men carefully hiding in a dark corner while waiting for the patrolling guards to pass by. Making sure the coast is clear, one by one, the shadows leaped out quickly towards a certain building and headed unto the back door. Their steps are lighter than a feather that not even a cat can hear the scuttle.

They made it to the backdoor. Five men have their backs on the wall still hiding through the shadow. They waited for movements coming from inside to know if somebody is still awake. When they thought that the place is all good and silent, the door suddenly slips open. They hurriedly used their soul force to hide their presence.

Two maidens went out from the door holding what seem to be sacks wrapped around the certain garbage. They are chatting together as they dumped it on a huge old wooden cistern. One maiden opened the lid, while the other waited for the woman to finish.

"You heard what happened to Wen-wen? It seems that she offended one of the guests! She returned with watery eyes with an obvious red slap on her face!"

"Really? Is it true? Who is the guest then?"

"Nobody knows exactly but they have a hint that it was that beautiful man who checked in at noon with Shen Qi."

"Why did they speculate this?"

"It seems that that beautiful man requested for warm water. Then Wen-wen volunteered. She went up and nobody knows what happened other than seeing her with a pale face."

The five listened to their gossip. Somebody slapped Feng Wen? Wh-who would that be? Who is this bastard that have the guts to hurt the most beautiful Feng Wen?

The maidens returned inside the building, still chatting with another topic. The five men waited for another half hour to see if somebody is still awake. But then nobody came out again, and when one of them took a peak from the slits of the side of the door, the place is already dark. It seems that everyone is asleep.

One of them used a technique to open the door. After prying the lock for at least a minute, the door creaked open. The little light from the moon slightly illuminated the dark room, shadows of five men hovering the floor and to the surrounding floors. They went inside silently, the last person closing the door in place.

Unlike the streets, there are no patrol guards inside the restaurant and inn. However, most of the time, the people staying would wake up in weird hours that one could actually have a talk with someone at two in the morning. They creeped inside carefully, looking left and right, keeping their backs facing the wall.

Fortunately, nobody saw the group. The night is so peaceful that no one could imagine that men of five just successfully broke inside the establishment. They traverse the hall with no obstructions and they are able to arrive in front of a certain room. Their expressions are already dark from the start, now it became darker.

"Look if he is already asleep," one of them whispered.

One man checked on the door lock and carefully looks through the small hole. Everything is dark with the hint of light coming from the close window. There are no movements and it seems that the person residing inside is already sleeping. When he is about to retract his eyes to report his sighting, a suddenly crimson red eyes peaked through the hall as if looking at his eyes.

He hurriedly stepped back while stumbling on his feet, his face pale from what he saw. What is that bloodied eyes ba? Why did it suddenly appear before him?

Seeing a companion turning pale, one asked," What is it?"

"Are you sure we are on the right room?" His pale face is still turning whiter.

"Huh? Yes, brother. I checked his room before leaving and remembered the number. There is no way that I am mistaken. What is bothering brother? Did you see something?"

"There... there... a red eye... bloody red!"

The four men raised their brows in confusion. What does he mean by bloody red? One of the courageous men looked at the slit to check if there is really this bloody red eye. But he only saw nothing but darkness. He waited for a while but nothing changed.

"You must be dreaming, brother. There's only nothing."

"But I'm sure! Somebody really..."

"Okay, okay, stop being a coward. We have to get the egg. Be quiet and proceed on the mission!"

Like how they opened the backdoor, the locks inside the rooms are probably easier to pry open. With just one click, the door loosened and slowly creaked in. They first studied the room from the sides while enhancing their sense of sight using soul power. What they did see is a simple room with the usual chairs and bed set-up. They look over the corner and found the person they are looking for.

Lang Yuan is still sleeping deeply. He was sleeping facing the end corner of the bed where a bundle of sheets can be found. He was hugging this bundle as if this is the most precious thing in the world. The men slowly walked over and see what it was.

A small baby is also sleeping. From the looks of it, the baby looks like six months old already. The men looked at each other. How come this disciple has a baby? Don't tell us that he has a lady...

They never actually thought that this young man would have a son. What is more that they know where he is from. Lang Yuan's original body is an orphan and a beggar that they caught in the streets. It is impossible that he will be able to catch any woman's heart. He also does not have money. Why was that he able to rent a room in this inn?

Maybe they did really thought small of this one. They know the rumors how Lang Yuan is a spy from the other country. If it is true then these things can be explained.

"How odd," one of them whispered. "We are already in front of him but there's no barrier."

The other four also thought the same. If this sleeping person was able to form a blood contract with a dragon, then he must be a cultivator stronger than they must. But seeing how they are able walk closely without feeling any barriers or restrictions, then it means that he is weak. No weak cultivator can make a barrier.

Lang Yuan is a fraud!

"Does that mean that maybe it was Minister Jiang who created the blood contract and this little brother stole it?"

"Maybe, it can be. After all, seeing how frail his body..."

They wanted to kill Lang Yuan but first they must look around for the egg. Even though that he is weak, the young man is crafty and skilled. They saw it by his way of surviving alone on the slums. Nobody from that world will be able to live without hiding a trick or true. They even thought that this must be a trap.

One of the men found the bag of gold. He cannot contain his happiness as he called his fellow brothers. One gold is enough for a family to survive a month, how more would it be to own hundreds of them! Their eyes lit with greed while staring at the gold shine. The man who found the gold bag closed the vessel earning grunts from his brothers.

"Let's divide this later ba. We shall look for the egg."

Even though they wanted to hold that bag of gold, but the price of getting the egg is much greater. They continued searching around the place finding more interesting things they expected.

But unknown to these men are the eyes of a creature open. This creature is carefully watching them, following them as they wander around the room. This creature has red eyes that can kill anyone looking at them. One of the men felt a shiver and turned his head around to look at the bed. There, he found the baby still lying beside Lang Yuan. However, from those red orbs that are looking at him directly, he cannot help but to tremble.

He cannot move. He wanted to tug his brothers but he is glued to his place. He tried calling the closest brother and was able to attain its attention.

"What is it brother?" He asked.

"The red eyes.... red eyes..."

"Red eye-?"

"Brother! Look what I found!"

The three look at the table where basin and some silk can be found. Inside the basin is a white object that seems to be broken. The four of them walked closer and found a weird object... rather, shells of an obviously large egg was held in place of the delicate silk. It took them a while before they realized what it was and spun their heads around to look at the bed.

However, instead they saw their fifth brother's head flying out from his neck, blood spurting out like a fountain. The body stood for a while before falling down soaked with his own blood. The four did not know what happened but surely this cause extreme fear to them. Their brother was killed. Who would be sane enough to not feel fear?

They wanted to know who the killer is when red orbs are seen to be floating in mid-air. No, actually, a small being is sitting at the end of the bed. This being has the body of the child, its red eyes illuminated in the dark room. They felt a blood-curdling surge run through their body as they wanted to run and get lost from the place.

But will JiDan allow it?

The moment one of them step out, JiDan only needed to flick a finger and that man got his head off from his neck again. The three stopped concealing themselves and started to take offense. They have a gist that this child is the son of the dragon. If they can kill it while it is still young then that would be good. They are no longer thinking of fame and whatnot. What they want is their life.

Sharp small knifes flew over JiDan but it only barely hurt him. The blades only melted once it met a barrier and were formed to smaller needles that are thrown out to the three remaining man. If they did not take action and erupted a barrier of themselves, they would have died with needles on their body.

Lang Yuan heard some noise and woke up a bit. He sat up, looking around the dark room to know where that noise came from. For a person who did not know that cultivation existed, Lang Yuan thought that it was just the windpipes and returned to sleep. He cannot see anything so the usual reason why noises are formed danced inside his mind. He sleepily reached out for JiDan, hugged its waist, and returned to dream land.

JiDan watched his mother waking up and returning to sleep and cannot help but to giggle. It seems that his mother is a sleep person. His mother did not even know that his life is in danger. JiDan could have ignored the remaining three when they started attacking him. This time, the three is holding a sword and are thrusting it towards him. He looked at them indifferently and bended the swords easily.

This made the three pale on their spots. JiDan yawned, only snapped his fingers to end this. Because of Lang Yuan's warmth, he wanted to lie again and sleep. The three burst like balloons filled with too much water. Nothing is left other than the clothes they are wearing and pools of blood painting the walls and the room.

JiDan do not want his mother wake up to find this set-up so he used a portal to transport all the dirt inside the room. The floors and walls slightly distorted, then was cleaned as if the blood did not existed at all. Studying the whole place again, JiDan nodded in satisfaction and returned to his spot on the side of Lang Yuan. The red-eyed child erupted a barrier this time in fear that his mother will get hurt the next time.

The five men who entered the inn did not come out again. And the night continued silent and filled with dreamless sleep.


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

75