3.5 JiDan is Born!
4.5k 13 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Student Lang, please read the paragraph."

Everyone snickered when the teacher called that name. The teacher is even looking the same. His eyes are filled with the usual mockery without hiding it to the students. All of their attention went towards to the frail looking student from the back.

Lang Yuan stands up while holding a very old textbook that only has a few pages clean. Even his clothes are not white, maybe yellowish, with patches of fabric sewn in. His bag is also dirty and faded from constantly washing. His shoes are torn and a part has lost its padding. Lang Yuan is the very definition of a poor student who still keeps on attending school with the hopes that he can go to college and raise his life up.

He looked at the teacher with his unusual crimson eyes and back to the textbook. Somehow, the letters keep on moving, waving like the sea, messing his sight in every corner. Instead of seeing the normal A, B, C's, what he can see is many characters walking, riding in a chariot, or in a car with large wheels. Everything is messing his view, none of the letters are behaving.

Everyone is aware of Lang Yuan's disability to read. Like usual, Lang Yuan read the paragraph in a very slow pace, even slower than a first grade. He can comprehend what he is reading but reading it aloud is a different thing. His classmates giggled and snickered, probably making fun of his complication.

Lang Yuan is already on the third sentence when the teacher stopped him.

"Tsk tsk tsk, student Lang, what are you doing? You call that reading? Actually, just stop. You're wasting my time. You'll be receiving an F from that."

What? Is he not the one who called him? He pretty much knows that Lang Yuan is dyslexic but he keep on calling him every time as if an entertainment for his boring class. The students would even join him from the teasing, adding to the fact that Lang Yuan is poor. But the boy did not do anything and remained silent.

After all, what he can do?

Lang Yuan stored all of his feelings inside his chest until it became heavy. It was so heavy that he can no longer breathe properly. It was when he realized that he is just dreaming and an object is placed on his chest. Lang Yuan frowned from this unusual awakening and opened his eyes to see who is on his chest.

A naked healthy baby boy is happily sitting on chest. This baby boy is only a year old with jet-black hair and crimson eyes. It was muttering some gibberish while clapping its hands. Lang Yuan stared at this small creature for a while, seeing the small jade dangling in between its legs closer to his face than he imagined.

Huh? Who is this? Whose child is this?

Lang Yuan abruptly stood up that the baby boy rolled down on the side. He caught it before the baby falls, with the baby pausing for a while then laughing as if wanting to do it again. He made the baby sit on his side and searched for his own little bun that should be still sleeping beside him...

"JiDan? JiDan?"

His eyes widened when he didn't see his little bun. He quickly sat up to look around the bed thinking that the baby maybe moved during the sleep but he didn't see any at all. Lang Yuan suddenly paled, wondering where his precious little bun went. That's when he heard that little boy that keep on clapping his hand or nodding as if enjoying itself.

Three little eggs popped on his mind and his attention goes towards the baby. This little boy has all the same features of his small bun. From its black jet hair, plump cheeks, crimson eyes, milky white skin - if only the baby is not any bigger he would assume that it was JiDan. Then what if... what if it was JiDan?

"JiDan? Baby, is that you?"

The little boy giggled more and waved its hand up. He tried standing up, hands on the bed while making both of its small legs stand. When it can finally stand straight, the small legs trembled and didn't catch his weight. The boy instead rolled down towards him as if doing a summersault. Lang Yuan accepted the child on his arms and didn't let the small boy hurt itself.

"It is really you? But why are you a bit... bigger?"

"Awoo wowo wuwu wuwuw wuuwu," JiDan said. Of course, a baby can't still talk that well. But Lang Yuan understand it very well.

"Right, it also happened when I let you drink my blood. Then does it mean that if I keep on feeding you my blood you will grow faster?"

"Ajyajya wuwu jya wuuuu wuuuu!" Still speaking gibberish, baby JiDan.

"No! I don't want that! I don't want you to grow up quickly!"

Lang Yuan pulled the baby unto his hug tightly. Now that the baby is bigger, then he can finally have it within his arms. JiDan only giggled and started with his baby talk again trying to communicate with his mother. Lang Yuan can only feel what he meant by those as he caressed the head of the boy.

"I already sewn your clothes yesterday but it seems that you can't wear them anymore. I can make you a new one but I only know clothes from my world. Maybe we should look around and buy some clothes..."

After all, now that JiDan has the body of a one-year-old then he can finally take the little bun out to play. However, another problem occurred to his mind. It was only that stupid woman (he was referring to Feng Wen) who knows that he had a kid with him. What would happen if Master Qui see him carrying this a bit older baby? They will sure think that something is happening.

No baby can grow into a year older by just a few hours ba!

But luckily, Master Qui didn't interrogated him when he went down to the mess hall to eat breakfast. Actually, they are only shocked when they saw him carrying a child. Lang Yuan made JiDan clothes with a modern design making it a weird fit towards other people. However, JiDan carried his clothes pretty much well they can't help but to see an adorable child. Lang Yuan hid the horns that are obviously growing with a cap.

The first one to approach him is Lai MingLi. The woman stared at the small child with stars on her eyes, wanting to snatch it from the hands of Lang Yuan and cuddle it. But she controlled herself and limit to only pinching the chubby cheeks of JiDan. The child frowned and resisted, throwing small punches that didn't even hurt. Lang Yuan laughed a bit that brought a happy atmosphere around the hall.

JiDan felt happy by just hearing Lang Yuan laugh so he stop on stopping Lai MingLi and only let her pinch her. Seeing that the baby is happy, Lai MingLi retracted her hand and took a pad and pen to take their order.

"Good morning, seeing your cute son in the morning lifted my spirit up more!" She enthusiastically commented.

"Eh? H-how did you know that he is my son?" Lang Yuan blushed. He remembered how a baby is created. And it is through the night exercise. To have one baby at his age means that he have done the deed.

"He's not yours? But I can see it from his eyes. He resembled you very much! So cute and adorable!" Lai MingLi praised.

JiDan approved of her words and gave her a thumbs up. Lai MingLi saw it and winked at him. She proceeded on asking their order when she saw Master Qui glaring at her. Lang Yuan and JiDan stifled a laugh when she was caught idling than doing her work.

She sent the orders to the kitchen and hastily took the orders of the other people so that she can finish early and cuddle the small child more. Master Qui walked towards Lang Yuan table and saw the father and son tandem. From just looking at them, Master Qui can tell that somehow their faces are different. Lai MingLi only said that they look the same by the color of each eyes.

Master Qui greeted the young man. "Good morning, Young Master Lan. I didn't know that you have a son."

"I'm sorry for not telling you. Actually, this and that happened and my son is here with me," Lang Yuan switched to his lying mode again.

Master Qui only nodded. After all, Lang Yuan is a one beautiful guy. It would be weird if he didn't have a spouse or two. Considering that Lang Yuan is obviously rich and went to the capital, maybe the reason why he is here is to see his lover? And yesterday... well, he didn't actually see what happened yesterday but it seems that Lang Yuan is taking the child especially that it was a young master.

"Master Qui," the young man called him. "Do you know any tailor shops around the area?"

"Tailor shops?" Master Qui repeated. He scratched the tip of his chin while thinking. "Hmmm... I know a few tailor shops around the corner but their clothes are expensive. I only have my clothes made once in every month to lessen the expense. Is Young Master Lan planning on buying some clothes?"

"En. But I wanted to know if there are shops selling ready-made clothes for babies."

"Ready-made clothes you say... I think I know one. Actually, they made mass clothing for cheap prices. Maybe you will like to see it..."

Master Qui gave him the map and the instructions to went there. Lang Yuan thanked him and finished their breakfast. Now that JiDan is bigger than he can finally eat real food. Lang Yuan is not willing to feed him with more blood with fear that JiDan will suddenly grow to a man. And maybe if he didn't realize it sooner JiDan would have become older than him!

JiDan let his mother do whatever he wanted and ate the congee that Lang Yuan fed him. Human food didn't really give them any soul energy like what dragon's food usually gives. It can only fill their stomach and a bit of energy. It will not make them grow, unlike Lang Yuan's blood that can make his kind grow stronger in a faster space.

The two went to the tailor shop and bought the clothes. Lang Yuan was pleased with their quality and the design that he bought twelve pairs just for JiDan. But because he can't carry a lot, he only took one and made JiDan wear it. The remaining pairs would be delivered on his room anytime on the day.

Lang Yuan wanted to see the capital more so with JiDan on his arms they took a tour around the city. Shen Qi is touring other visitors so he decided to ask the boy later. He was walking around the stalls, snooping in every stalls and their loots. He found a stall that sells food and ate one. He found a toy store and bought JiDan a rattle. They are having a good time seeing these things for the first time of their lives.

It was also the very moment that Lang Yuan can buy and taste whatever things he wanted.

Hours went by and the sun is start to set. Lang Yuan decided that it would be the time for them to return home and have some rest. JiDan is already asleep on his arms, sucking on its own thumb while holding the rattle on the other hand tightly. Lang Yuan can't help but to smile and give the little bun a kiss on his forehead. 

The two are traversing the road when Lang Yuan suddenly felt a presence that is following them. He was casually patting JiDan's back. From the corner of his eyes, he can see a number of seven guys following him. He noticed these people earlier when he was visiting the stalls. It was just this time when the group obviously showed themselves.

One of the seven is standing not far in front of him. Lang Yuan looked sideways and found another member. He knows that he has no fighting skills so he only needed to avoid these men. Before he can walk across these people, he quickly ran towards a small path in between two buildings and sprinted. JiDan noticed the sudden hastening of his mother's heartbeat so he opened his eyes to see what is happening.

"Awuu wyuu?" He asked his mother.

Lang Yuan found JiDan awake and pulled its head down to his chest. "It's okay. Don't worry. I am here to keep you safe."

Sadly, Lang Yuan's action only made the men happy. It was their plan to lure the young man inside the alley and trap him. It only took them a few minutes and Lang Yuan ended in a dead end. Facing the wall, Lang Yuan looks up to see if there's anything to climb up. But he was trapped inside the lion's den without escape. He looked back and ran again when a sturdy body of a man hindered his way. He was pushed back to the dead end.

"Where do you think you are going?" The sturdy man said. "What do we have here?"

Another man walked closer to Lang Yuan and gave him a sniff. The man looked at him for a while and realized, "You are a man? No way!"

Lang Yuan slapped him. Yes, Lang Yuan is becoming a slapping man. He's starting to become a slapping machine.

"What do you think? I am a man. Can't you see?" Lang Yuan glared at him.

"Whoo, how brave. Even though you're not a chick but we can still have a taste of you. Look how delicate your body is," the man that he slapped circled him and suddenly groped his butt. Lang Yuan wanted to do another slap when his hand was suddenly caught. It was sudden that he almost let go of JiDan. Thanks to his tight hold that the baby didn't fall. But JiDan started crying.

"What the hell are you saying? Get away from me," Lang Yuan might be timid but he has the foulest mouth of all.

"What can you do? Slap me again?" The man mocked him.

Lang Yuan wanted to kick the shins of this man when suddenly sounds of falling men caught their attention. They motioned their eyes towards the other end of the alley and found shadows of men looming. The group of seven only has one man standing while the other are on the ground sprawled in red blood.

"What the-"

Before the last man standing can speak, a clean slash passed through his neck ended his life. He fell down to the cold ground with a gory wriggle. Lang Yuan watched the scene with wide eyes, unable to contain the fear from his face.

What is this? Who killed these men? Why... will he be killed too? Will they kill his baby too?

JiDan actually stopped crying when he felt the presence of the new group arriving. Seeing these new group killing these stupid men did not made him feel bad. Instead, he felt good that his mother is finally in danger. But what he looked up to see his mother's reaction, he saw a horrified expression of Lang Yuan.

A man from this new group step forward. His golden eyes stared at the dead bodies with no emotion. It was only when he was looking at Lang Yuan and JiDan that he showed a smile.

Emperor Yu XueQin spoke: "I finally found you, my beautiful wife."


UPDATES: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

87