Chapter 3.6
3.6k 2 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mana

Some time has passed since I fell asleep. I forgot that I have an actual body now, that needs rest and can't work forever without it. Thankfully, my body didn't get damaged because of my overwork or it has already healed. Most of my mind is still in my spirit body, so I don't need that much rest, which is nice. 

I should be two and a half months old now and honestly, there isn't very much to do here. I have been trying to circle my mana through the body and letting it mix with the mana from my mother. It should help me with my growth, when it fuses with my body, but it does get boring waiting for my mana to recharge. I know that my spirit produces this mana by converting ether into mana, but knowing this doesn't help it recharge faster. Ely also told me, that strongly focusing on something or meditating would quicken the ether conversion process, so every time my mana pool dries up I enter my mind realm and focus on improving my different spaces. 

Another important thing to look out for are my affinities and talents for magic. This subject is deeply researched since theoretically everybody can use magic.

The affinities your mana has, limits the magic you can cast. Everybody has a neutral spirit body and neutral mana in the beginning. If somebody uses mana and they have a strong fire talent, then their spirit body obtains a fire affinity. They will then find it easier to use fire magic. If the spirit body transforms enough, then that persons mana affinity can also change from neutral to fire. The cost for fire magic is further reduced and if that person gets further down this path, then they could obtain a fire body. The last step would be to abandon their body and then they would become a fire spirit. 

But there aren't only good points to this path. Sure,.they would become nearly immune to fire and their fire magic would cost as much as nothing, but their weakness with water and ice magic is pretty large and they can also only live in hot regions, like desserts. The cost for other types of magic also sharply increases, while in some cases you can't even cast it. Normally, people with little or one type of talent choose this path.

So, if I wanted to, I could become a mage, but I would only be capable of using one magic type, which I don't find acceptable. I would rather lengthen my lifespan and train until then. The reason I'm thinking about this, is because I need to look out for what type of affinity my mother has. From there I can begin to change my own mana and my boredom would end. 

I also tried my magic eyes again, but infrared vision didn't get better and with night vision nothing happened, as I thought.

54