Chapter 3.16
7k 20 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
will have to learn for an important exam tomorrow, so this is my last chapter for today.


Talking

My mother only woke up when it was evening. I tightened our connection to feel, whether she is alright. Hm, she is feeling a bit weak, maybe that is because of the healing magic. Otherwise she seems fine. Anyway, where is she? The ceiling looks completely different, compared to the ceiling of the servants quarter. Oh, careful there. My mother just jumped up and is looking around the room confused. Madame, don't just ominously sit in a dark corner of the room, you frightened her.

"Melanie, who injured you?"

Oh, it seems my mother has a good friend.

"N-no one...I mean I fell down."

That's one of the dumbest excuses I heard.

"Until now, that's the worst excuse you used. Now, from your injury I can tell that you were either sliced with a sword or shot by wind magic. Since you just flinched, when I said wind magic, I presume I was correct. Now, who was it?"

My mother is lowering her head and seems to think about it. Honestly, she should just tell her. I mean, that human trash attacked her and nearly killed her. I don't know what else such a lunatic would do.

"I am sorry, madame, but I don't want to bring you trouble."

The madame frezzes for a second and then let's out a sad sigh.

"Melanie, we have known each other since we were kids. We went trough thick and thin. When my family decided to trade me as a concubine for some material benefits, you where one of the few people who followed me. I thought we were friends, and that you wouldn't tell me the name of the father your child, even after he attacked you, disappoints me a little bit?"

"How, how did you know?"

"In the beginning, I didn't realise. Only once your belly grew and when we asked who the father was, after you just answered, that it doesn't matter as he is already dead, did I think that somebody harmed you. I mean, the last time somebody died in this god forsaken property, was two years ago. You never leave the premises and you never start conversatioms with others. Naturally, I knew you lied. When I noticed, that you became gloomier, I didn't ask why you behaved that way, so I didn't notice until it was to late. It must have hurt, to not tell anyone. Even if you don't tell me, who it was, I can already guess which person harmed you today and in the past."

My vision is growing hazy.

"N-No, mad-dame, I am s-sorry to make you w-worried."

The deformed figure of the madame is standing up and slowly walking over. As she stands in front of my mother and gives her a careful hug, as if she is made out of porcelain.

"No, I am sorry I didn't notice sooner. I apologize that I didn't talk to you sooner. It should not have come to this day, where you are once again attacked by your rapist. I'm sorry, please forgive me!"

My mother begins to loudly sob and I cut the connection, because this is a moment I shouldn't witness.

Since I am going to change the picture for this story, can somebody recommend me a website where I could find one

61