Chapter 14: Neil And The Shocking Revelation
113 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Bree has made it safely to your home I'm assuming. It's a good thing I spent a whole week teaching her how to navigate the roads of Earth."

After delivering words of life-shattering magnitude, my father did not even bother to explain what he meant when he said that Bree was now the heir to the Dameson Corporation. He just continued to ramble on while my mind was drawing a blank.

"I hope that you treat her righ---

"Sorry, father, but may I interject here?"

I wanted to know how the imbecile sniffing my jacket, took my promised position. After all, she wasn't even human, what is my dad thinking, making her the next to lead a billion dollar company.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bree is going take over your position when you retire, and not me."

"Yes, that's correct," He replied

"Ok just I just wanted to make sure, but father are you out of your mind! She does not know the first thing about business or common sense, for that matter!"

Bree then puffed her cheeks, flared her nostrils and said,

"I know that I'll be better than you."

"Oh is that Bree I hear, put the phone on speaker, my boy" To my annoyance, my father's tone was oddly happy when he heard Bree's voice.

I obeyed his request, and before I knew it, I was entirely forgotten as Bree and My father engaged in a rather frivolous and uneventful conversation.

"Ah, Princess Bree, I am glad that you managed to find your way to the address without any issues."

"It was no big deal. The bath was amazing! It really hits the spot.",

Bree said that while stretching her hands. I then stole a glimpse of her white lace panties as her hoodie was pulled up for a slight moment.

"I am glad to hear you say that. If there is anything else you wish for, please do not hesitate to ask."

"Well, I would like some new pieces of clothing, maybe some new shoes?" Bree asked

"No problem, Princess Bree! I will do whatever it takes to make you feel comfortable on Earth! You here that Neil You better accompany her to a mall and pay for everything tomorrow!"

I heaved a sigh and was exasperated at how Bree had my father in the palm of her hands. However, In the spur of the moment and with the shock of the news I just heard, I had completely forgotten the most critical question.

HOW DID THESE TWO KNOW EACH OTHER?

"Father, before we continue on, I just wanted to know how you know Bree."

I asked this as I was rubbing my forehead, trying to fight off the migraine that these two were giving me.

My father then went back to his strict and stern tone and said,

"Since you're still confused about the whole situation, Bree must have heeded my request and kept everything confidential. Although with your intellect, you probably must have already discovered I sent Bree to meet you. The only thing is that you don't know why. Am I correct?"

"That pretty much sums up everything on my end. So can you finally tell me, WHY IS SHE HERE!"

My yelling must have reverberated through the cell phone in a higher frequency then I intended. I head my father grunt, and I imagined that he must have winced a little as well.

"Boy, The room may be soundproof, but you don't have to scream so loud. You almost blew this old man's ear out."

I said sorry, but it was nothing but empty and hollow words. I just wanted to sort out this mess as fast as I could. Therefore, I was relieved when my father started talking and said,

"Our family and the angels have been protecting the earth for ages. I simply found Bree when she appeared on Earth. The reason why Bree is here and why Bree is the next heir is the same. After your recent countless immoral business decisions, I thought it was time for a revaluation on my successor. Bree may not be the right choice, but I thought it would be an incentive for you to perform your Death Watcher duties. Accomplish your duties, and prove to me your worthy of being the next heir. As you are right now, you are nothing but an entitled child. The Dameson have always pushed ahead towards the future, by displaying kindness towards others, not self-interest. Where you got your personality from is beyond me, but if you don't display any form of genuine self-betterment, I will gladly hand over the company to Bree."

The words were hard to swallow, but it was true. I have always disregarded my father's values and principles because they were a form of weakness. If people were expected to stop and help everybody who stumbled and tripped on the road to success, then they would never be able to reach their own goals.

However, now I had no other choice. I glanced and at the bracelet and realized that if I didn't go along with what he said, I would lose not only my lineage but also my life.

"Father, you are aware that my life is at risk, correct?"

"That's why you have Bree to help you. Oh, that reminds me, try saying the word 'Lynel'"

I did not see how Bree could protect life, but I repeated the words he asked me to say. The red jewel on the bracelet then shimmered and flashed red. I expected there to be some change, but I still felt the same. Then in my moment of confusion, my father said,

"Ok, Bree, Tackle him."

The impact was powerful, and I could hear my bones crack as I landed on the hardwood floor. I then saw Bree's golden hair dangling in front of my eyes. They were still a bit wet since she had just got out of the shower, and her hair had a citrus scent from the shampoo she used.

The cellphone had dropped out of my hands and landed beside my ear. My father then said,

"The word 'Lynel' should turn off your Angel Powers for 8 hours. You should be able to live your normal school life and the sorts within that timeframe. After activation, you can also turn on your angel power any time you wish. However, there is a recharge time before you can turn it off again. I need you to accomplish your Death Watcher duties after all, and I can't have you turning your power off all the time."

I tried to break away from Bree's grip, but I realized the words my father said were not lies. I struggled, but I could not match Bree's strength. I ground my teeth as I tried to wiggle my way out of Bree's clutches.

I thought the conversation would be over, but my father had more to say.

"The duties of a Death Watcher are to save lives, and you already had a taste of that today from what Bree reported to me earlier. However, not all cases will be that easy. The Death Watchers are expected to fight and eradicate any Dark Angels who are trying to steal the life span of humans. That is the true reason why red life spans need a Death Watcher's intervention. You got lucky Neil because sometimes the Death Watcher system is on the fritz. You did not have to fight a Dark Angel today, but it is imperative that you know It's either you die at the hands of the Dark Angels, or you let them succeed and die at the hands of the Death Watcher Council."

What was my father saying? Now I had to fight dark angels. I just thought I had to help humans with red life spans, but now I was expected to fight divine beings. I wanted to ask him more questions about my duties, but before I could he said,

"You do so enjoy employing hostage takeovers on companies, Neil. It's about time you're on the receiving end, don't you think?"

My father said those words to me while Bree was pinning me down on the floor. She wore nothing but her underwear and an oversized hoodie that only covered up to her slender snow-white thighs.

I asked him what he meant exactly, but he only chuckled through the cell phone and said,

"Well, I guess from today onwards, you're going to be taken hostage by an angel."

With that, the phone call, as well as my normal life, came to an abrupt end...

4