Chapter 15 – Starlight’s Debut
218 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Particles scattered across an open field as the landscape began to be crafted. A mansion started generating with a grey-stoned path leading to its entrance. It was lavish in a style modeled after Victorian-era homes; it had a garden in front of it, a bench neatly positioned in the garden center. The stone path wrapped around it as it continued to be generated. Tall, rectangular windows add to the overall style of the mansion. A shadow began to cast itself across the estate as nighttime was set to stars shining in the sky. Before long, the moon in all its full glory was lastly generated behind the mansion, the light from it shining down onto the field.

Finally, the two fighters manifested into the stage. Roy was positioned in front of the mansion. He merely gazed at the estate and whistled in glee. All the lights were on inside from what he was seeing.

“Alright, Time for my debut!” His excitement was there for sure, but more importantly, he began to bulk up his fat, slowly turning into muscle all around his body. He was ready to fight. Roy still had trouble maintaining his bulky form since it required a ton of concentration to utilize. Regardless, he marched into the mansion, kicking open the doors as the sheer force from his feet broke both of them down in an instant. The noise from the breaking of the doors could alert anyone asleep. The mansion was silent despite there being lights on, not a single sound on the left side. There was a hallway leading down towards the kitchen. From the entrance itself, one could spot the kitchen with ease. Roy began to head down the hall with the stomping of his feet emitting more noises. Upon arriving in the kitchen area, it only now appeared to him as a very large-sized one with a circular glass roof centered directly over the dining table. Roy approached the table, slowly looking around carefully, then up towards the ceiling. Off in the distance, the pinging sound of a baseball bat clattering against the floor echoed through the mansion, drawing closer and closer.

Roy turned around his nerves, getting to him slightly as he heard the clattering draw ever closer. Then, it stopped. The entire mansion was utterly silent, a sense of uneasiness now looming over Roy. He started to move away from the dining table before the sudden sound of glass breaking came from above him.

Fire flaring across a metal bat had just burst through the glass ceiling, impacting the dining table with tremendous force knocking Roy towards a wall. Dust from the impact swelling up inside the kitchen. Billy dropped down from the roof, landing next to his bat lying on the floor and picking it up. A confident expression set on his face.

“Oh, Yeah~! How do ya’ like my [Fire Impact]! Pretty sweet, huh?” After saying that, Billy made a rapid dash towards Roy, bat at the ready, preparing to deliver a full-force swing. Roy, still dazed from the knockback of the bat alone, glanced up to see Billy coming at him. He quickly slouched himself, his muscles rapidly shrinking as he ducked down to avoid the bat as it impacted the wall above him, causing it to burst open on the other side.

“What!” Billy shouted in a bit of a shock. Expecting to hit Roy easily. He was only met with the intense feeling of a fist grinding up against his gut. A tremendous force flung Billy back down onto the damaged dining table, completely collapsing whatever remained in that area.

Muscles began to bulge out more as Roy stood up, his shrinking muscles returning to their buffed form. “[Muscle Impact]!” Roy shouted at the top of his lungs. He clearly just came up with the name at that moment, literally robbing the other fighter of his move, only replacing a single word.

Back in the viewing room, Starlight watched Roy’s fight, and to say the least, most of them only had worrying looks.

“Why on earth are they calling out their attacks?” Alexia wondered, beginning to think up a few of her own.

“Because either they’re in the heat of the moment, want to show off to the sponsors, or simply being daft idiots,” Deveron replied.

“Go, Roy~!” Heidi continued to cheer.

Back in the press room, both Pearl and her announcer friend continued to oversee the match. “What an impressive display of strength! Mammoth Institute's vanguard shattered the wall with a single hit!” The announcer was in awe at the strength of this young fighter. Pearl merely twirled a tiny strand of hair, continuing to watch.

“Yes, Mammoth Institute has had quite an impressive track record when it comes to its 1st players.” Pearl immediately motioned over for Milton to bring her something.

Back in the match, Roy and Billy would now be going toe to toe with each other. Fists thrusting and bat’s deflecting attacks left and right. The kitchen section of the mansion become trashed with each fighter flinging their attacks. Billy’s metal bag hit up against Roy's side, sending him flying through a wall and into one of the many guest rooms of the mansion. The number of blows Roy took was starting to show on his arms accurately. They were beginning to bruise, with some of the bruises leaking blood.

Billy’s metal bat began to glow a bright red hue, a large energy concentration beginning to condense inside it. Picking himself up, Roy braced himself for the fight ahead. Roy’s health bar was nearing red, only a few more hits, and the system would eject him out with the victory going to Billy. Back in the press room, Pearl was drinking a cup of tea brought in by Milton. There was also a small plate of cookies next to her and the announcer.

“Joel, would you care for some?” She motioned her right hand towards the cookies before taking a sip of tea. The announcer next to her looked a bit confused, but nonetheless, grabbed a cookie.

“Mmm… Ah! Well, Pro-Schneider! I do say Mammoth’s vanguard has quite the power!” The announcer, Joel, began to munch on his cookie.

“Quite. He’s one of the more aggressive fighters in the state. Capable of adding power to any object he bears. Common, yet he uses a bat. Quite a vulgar way of fighting, but effective.” Pearl continued to sip her tea with Milton off to the side, smiling.

Roy brought his fist forward, managing to let it collide with Billy’s face causing him to stagger backward. Kicking the speed up a notch, he drew his other fist in before Billy could catch his bearings. A heating sensation was felt coming towards Roy’s left side. As Billy was staggering, he quickly brought his bat into his right hand, using all his might to side-swipe Roy. The metal made contact up against the side of Roy’s head as he was smacked upside the noggin’. In that moment of impact, Roy’s health went from yellow to red, then no more. His health was gone on the display; his body in the realm quickly vanished as he was ejected back out into reality.

The same monotone voice rang out from the system. “Winner! Billy Kaur of Mammoth Institute!” Shortly after, Billy was also ejected. When Roy came to his senses, he brushed his hands against the side of his head with no damage; the injuries on his arms were gone. He stood up from the machine and walked down only to be met by the same woman before showing him his suppressor back. She’d do the same to Billy before letting them return back to their respective areas.

“A-Amazing! In a single decisive move, it was over! Mammoth Institute takes a point over Starlight!” Joel shouted through his microphone. The audience viewing the match around the building and homes abroad screamed in awe! Pearl wasn’t impressed and merely sat there, shaking her head.

“Alas, I may be wrong about Starlight, yet too early to see. That one hath not changed.” Muttering to herself before setting her empty cup of tea to the side.

“Up next is the Sergeant's match! Don’t miss it! We have two new fighters making their debut!” Joel continued to shout. The scoring was now 1-0 between Mammoth and Starlight. The next match would determine if they’d falter in the first matches of the day. Back in the viewing room, Cheveyo proceeded to stand up, adjusting his suppressor.

“Go get 'em, Yo!” Deveron gave him a thumbs-up; honestly, Cheveyo was the only one Deveron was confident with on the team thus far.

“Gah! Roy! Why did he not see that!” Heidi was more disgruntled over Roy’s loss than anything else.

“Have fun, Cheveyo,” Alexia told him. Which in return, Cheveyo turned and simply nodded.

“Odd way of saying go win,” Cheveyo responded to Alexia. ‘Fun’ what an odd thing to say. He didn’t find many of the matches he was a part of to be fun.

“Good luck, Cheveyo.” Reynolds finally said, giving him his seal of approval to go.

Cheveyo nodded to Reynolds also. “Of course, Teach. I’ll be back with a victory.” With that, Cheveyo headed off towards the fighting room. On the way there, he intercepted Roy.

“Roy. You did a good job.” He informed.

“I totally failed it! Aaah!!! I should have done my [Ultimate Fury Attack]!” Roy began to throw out a bunch of fast-paced fists before being tapped on the head by Cheveyo.

“Go cool off. I’ll be back in an instant.” Cheveyo moved past Roy heading towards the room. Roy continued walking back to the viewing room. When Cheveyo arrived, the same lady was there, but his opponent was already waiting for him.

“Cheveyo Hunt of Starlight Academy?” The lady asked.

“Yes, that’s me.” He informed, with the doors closing behind him moments later. His opponent was Trent Cannon, a junior at Mammoth Institute. There was no indication of a weapon, but one thing for sure was on both of their minds a win was needed.

Roy arrived back into the viewing room and sat down next to Heidi in Cheveyo’s empty seat. She proceeded to pinch his face upon sitting down.

“Why’d you go and lose it! Ya’ almost had it!” Heidi continued pinching.

“Ouch! Hey! I didn’t expect the bat.” Roy replied.

“Here’s hoping you both can pull through when we win this.” Deveron continued to watch the screen, with Cheveyo’s match being prepared.

Reynolds took out his phone, finally getting a message from someone while the team bickered among each other over Roy’s loss. Before long, Reynolds tapped on Alexia’s shoulder as he stood up, motioning for her to follow.

“We’ll be back shortly, guys. Stay here, okay?” He asked with Roy and Heidi merely replying with a ‘Yes, Sir!’ and Deveron only nodding. Alexia stood up and followed Reynolds out of the viewing room as they headed towards the building entrance.

“Where are we goin’, Teach?” Alexia asked. The two of them continued to walk through the halls; there were still crowds of people around in every direction they could see.

“Just a special gift has arrived,” Reynolds answered.

Upon walking out of the building, they scurried into the packed parking lots and over to a nearby sports car where a familiar face was lurking in wait. It was Caden leaning up against his car with a briefcase in his hand, waiting for both Reynolds and Alexia.

“You’re late. I told you to pick it up yesterday. Had to drag myself all the way out here.” Caden replied, bringing the briefcase close to his chest.

“Sorry. That was my fault.” Reynolds replied.

“It’s fine. After all, My money is on Little Star here anyway. As you requested, your weapon is ready.” Caden looked over at Alexia with a smile before opening up the briefcase. Indeed, the weapons she ordered were complete, but it was more so clothing than anything. Inside the suitcase laid two tactical gloves with white coloration for the main hand and blue for the knuckles' base. A small metallic surface plate would be aligned to fit with the knuckles as well overtop. A single American star was issued on top of both gloves resembling the old American air force symbol seen on planes in days now long past. Alexia reached her hand in to take one of the gloves. Just feeling it was odd, its fabric was soft, but in certain parts hardened explicitly underneath.

“As per the order, An American-styled combat glove. Expensive due to the material, even more so in our case. You’re free to do what you will with it, Little Star. You shouldn’t get burned by your powers now.” Caden informed Alexia before she took the other glove and began to equip them. It was subtle, but she did notice a tiny marking along the ends of the gloves with the words spelled out ‘Singularity.’ The gloves she acquired were made from the highest of material and fabric when equipping them. She’d have no trouble using her star powers now. Her hands will no longer have burns a good turn of events since the tournaments just started, Reynolds thought to himself.

“Thanks, Caden. I owe you one again, it seems.” Reynolds started to shake Caden's hand in turn.

“Don’t mention it, just put it on your debt.” Caden would get into his car and just sit there for the moment. “Go on now and win, Little Star.”

“I will!” Alexia shouted, clenching her fists with the gloves equipped. With this, she could go all-out now when fighting. A sense of excitement beginning to bubble up inside of her. All she could do was smile at the thought of using her abilities properly now.

Reynolds and Alexia proceeded to return inside. Upon making it back to the viewing rooms, an alarming cry of excitement filled the room and anyone watching the screen.

“A-Amazing! Starlight wins in a display of sheer power!” Joel shouted through the comms.

“My, my.” Pearl could only say looking at the match results.

In a display of power, Cheveyo had just decimated Mammoth Institutes' 2nd player in the time it took for Alexia and Reynolds to return. The score was now 1-1 tied to win and move up the brackets. A team would need three points total.

“Yeah! He did it!” Heidi shouted.

“That was hard to watch for the other team.” Deveron merely mentioned continuing to stay seated in his chair.

“Surely, he was inspired by my crushing defeat and riddle the enemy apart!” Roy started to boast.

“I don’t think that’s something you should be proud of,” Deveron replied.

Reynolds and Alexia merely looked at the screen, which now showed Cheveyo and his opponent shaking hands. Alexia only stared at Cheveyo on the screen once more, that same sense of adrenaline returning. She just missed his one-sided match. Just what did he do? Regardless, the tournament was still just beginning.

5