14. Day seven
6k 44 129
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am currently walking through the forest on my own.

 

Silvia had told us that she needed some ingredients to make some healing potions and asked us to find those materials. Well, she asked that to my sisters...

 

She told me to go alone and try to level up without any help. I mean, I barely do anything when we go hunting together, so I don't think that I would be able to level up if I was with them...

 

Hmm? What about my training? I am training though... I am using Mana Perception to see the trails of animals around the area... Seriously, what an overpowered skill! It will be so easy to hunt like this!

 

Anyway, I have two new weapons given to me by Silvia. One is a gladius and the other one is a dagger. Both seem to be made of iron. When I asked her where she got them from, she only said that there's an armory on the basement of the castle... Both of their scabbards are attached to my hip.

 

How many rooms has that castle anyway? It is like a new room appears every day...

 

Where was I? Ah... Right. New weapons. I can use both of them to a decent degree, I think... I will be mainly using my spear because it has more range.

 

"..." I was attentive to my surroundings...

 

I continued to walk through the forest looking for prey. I walked for five minutes until I noticed something strange...

 

"Blood..."

 

The smell of blood was impregnated in the air... It didn't smell like an animal's blood, but it doesn't smell like a goblin's blood either...

 

Let's investigate... I don't want something troublesome to get near the hut...

 

I walked slowly while carefully following the smell of fresh blood...

 

"It's close..."

 

I was using bushes and trees as camouflage... I noticed that the forest was completely silent... My instincts tell me that it is a bad sign...

 

After another five minutes walking carefully around the area, I found three people laying on the ground near a large tree. They were humans. Two of them were men and the other was a woman. The three of them looked young...

 

The two men seemed to be bleeding out... The woman seemed to be unconscious.

 

All three of them have weapons and armour with them...

 

I slowly approached in order to confirm if it was a trap or not...

 

It was not a trap... The three of them didn't react even when I got close enough to stab them with my spear.

 

The woman seems to have some light wounds... The other two seemed to be in critical condition... I don't think they will live more than an hour...

 

Hmmm... What do I do? I can't just simply leave them here to die.

 

The smell of blood is so strong that it won't take long for some beasts to be attracted to it...

 

"I don't think I can't carry them by myself... I also won't be able to heal them..."

 

I don't have much knowledge of first aids, and I certainly don't know healing magic like Silvia does... The only choice I have is to take them to Silvia and have her heal them...

 

"Maybe, if the woman wakes up... The two of us should be able to bring the other two to the hut..."

 

I got closer to the woman... Just before I could even try to wake her up. My senses were giving me the alarm... I heard something being crushed and the stench of a beast.

 

"Wolves..."

 

I focused for a bit and I heard several beasts coming towards us... They were being guided by the smell of fresh blood.

 

"Shit! This is bad..."

 

I finally was able to see the large group of wolves. There were at least ten of them. They were slowly approaching us...

 

Time slowed down for me... Two options appeared on my mind.

 

Leave the humans and escape towards the hut or stay here and fight against the wolves while protecting the humans...

 

"Grr..." One of the wolves was already baring its teeth and growling...

 

The choice should be simple... Run away and leave the humans... I shouldn't sacrifice myself in a hopeless fight for people I don't even know... I don't want to see that bitch of a goddess again...

 

But, for some reason... I don't want to move... I don't want to leave these people to become the meal of those wolves...

 

I mean... What if these people were my sisters? Or Silvia? I have the feeling that if I run away now, I will keep runing away for the rest of my life... I don't want that...

 

I took a deep breath... And prepared my spear... I took a stance in order to defend the humans. I used the tree nearby to cover my back.

 

"I don't care if I am a level 1... I will be dining wolf meat tonight!"

 

The wolves had already surrounded us... Any opportunity to escape was completely erased...

 

"Electra... If you're hearing this... Fuck you."

 

I pointed my spear towards one of the wolves...

 

Strangely, I don't feel afraid... Like at all... My mind is completely calmed.

 

"Grrrr..." All of the wolves were growling at me.

 

They were slowly walking towards us...

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

I looked at the wolves silently... If I need to keep my eyes on all of them... Not a single one of them will get close to the humans.

 

One of the wolves jumped towards me...

 

Time slowed down again for me... I could hear my heart beating slowly...

 

Wait for it, Ru... Not yet... Just be patient... Those were the things that my instincts were telling to me...

 

Just as the wolf opened its mouth to bite me...

 

"Now!"

 

I thrusted my spear into the mouth of the wolf. The tip of my spear which used to be the horn of a rabbit, immediately penetrated into its flesh. The tip came through the other side of the head of the wolf.

 

The wolf fell to the ground, my spear was attached to its now lifeless corpse.

 

"That's one..."

 

The other nine wolves were cautious of me... I just need to take them one by one.

 

I managed to pull out my spear out of the corpse of the wolf. Blood was dripping from the tip.

 

My confidence had just skyrocketed thanks to the kill on that wolf...

 

I was not nervous nor scared... It was then that I discovered something strange.

 

It was my Mana Perception... Every time the wolves moved even the tiniest bit, I could see how mana moved around them... I could predict their movements.

 

The wolves started reorganizing their formation... There were two wolves in front of me. They were approaching slowly, trying to get a good angle in order to lunge at me...

 

I didn't waste any time and unsheated my gladius. I had the spear on my right hand and the gladius on my left hand.

 

No matter the attack, I will counter it...

 

The two wolves made a run for it... They were trying to make me think that they would attack at the same time...

 

Thanks to Mana Perception, I noticed that the one from the left was just a distraction. The real attack would come from the right.

 

I made myself look like I had been tricked by the wolves... Everything went according to my prediction.

 

Just as the wolf was about to jump at me... I stabbed him on the side with my spear and before it could try anything else, I finished it off with my sword.

 

"Phew... Eight to go..."

 

I returned to my previous stance after recovering my weapons...

 

My instincts were telling me that there was no need to rush this... I just needed to patiently wait and counter their attacks.

 

The wolves were even more cautious now... Four wolves were now moving in front of me, trying to confuse me with their movements. It  didn't work... The mana around them was allowing me to predict their movements.

 

Two of the wolves lunged at me. The other two were preparing themselves for a follow up...

 

I moved forward and thrusted my spear towards the eye of one of the wolves. The attack connected and the wolf fell to the ground after the tip of the spear came out through the other side of its head.

 

I then let go of the spear and focused on the other wolf.

 

I managed to dodge its bite by moving to the side. I immediately counterattacked with my gladius. I stabbed the wolf in the neck several times. I then jumped out of the reach of its claws.

 

I then noticed another wolf running towards me. I charged towards the wolf. The wolf tried to bite me and failed. I instantly countered by stabbing the neck of the wolf repeatedly from below...

 

But... That was a mistake... The wolf I attacked had died, but I was bitten by the other wolf... The wolf had bitten my right arm... It was trying to rip it apart.

 

Something curious happened within me... I did not feel pain... I felt an incredible amount of anger... Not towards the wolf, but towards myself. It was like the anger was blocking my sense of pain...

 

How could I fall into such an obvious trap? I don't deserve to be called a hunter... I cannot be called a hunter if I cannot deal with these stupid wolves... I will only be allowed to call myself a hunter when these wolves are dead.

 

In my rage, I noticed the exposed neck of the wolf who was still trying to rip my arm apart... By instinct, I opened my own mouth and bit the neck of the wolf. My sharp fangs and teeth immediately penetrated the skin of the wolf. I bit as hard as I could while I heard the wolf yelping in pain...

 

I didn't stop until I was sure that the wolf had died... The meat and its blood were incredibly tasty. The meat was even better than the meat of a boar.

 

I noticed that my right arm was completely destroyed, I couldn't move it at all. Everything was still there, but... The wolf had took a massive chunk of my arm. I was also bleeding...

 

"No time to lose..."

 

I need to kill the remaining four wolves and head back to the hut...

 

The four wolves didn't learn their lesson and imitated the previous four wolves and tried to confuse me with their movements... I will not make the same mistake twice.

 

All of my focus was on the mana around the wolves and I... The world seemed to have completely slowed down before me.

 

I could clearly see how the wolves were running towards me, how they planned to lunge at me, when they planned to do it and how they planned to counter my attacks... I had completely read the possible actions of the wolves...

 

But this time, instead of waiting for them, I ran towards them... I used all of my might and ran as fast as I could.

 

The wolves were not expecting me to attack first, so their formation was trashed.

 

I approached one of the wolves and stabbed it on the side of its neck repeatedly as fast as I could. Then I moved towards the next wolf.

 

I used all of my strength and stabbed its head with my blade... Surprisingly, I felt absolutely no resistance... It seemed like the wolf did not have a skull. But... The gladius was now stuck into the head of the wolf.

 

One wolf tried to bite my left arm but failed miserably, I had already seen it thanks to the mana around us. I returned the favour to the wolf and bit its neck with all of my might.

 

I heard a loud crack and the taste of blood immediately invaded my mouth. The wolf yelped until I ended its life.

 

"Only one remains now..."

 

The remaining wolf was looking at me and growling... Just like the many wolves before this one, he tried to lunge at me. I dodge to the side before thrusting my dagger into its body. It was not enough... I bit the wolf in the neck before it could do anything...

 

The wolf fell to the ground almost instantly.

 

Finally, all ten wolves were exterminated...

 

"I did it..."

 

I was ecstatic... I couldn't believe that I managed to win even with the odds against me...

 

<SYSTEM: You have leveled up!>

<SYSTEM: You have leveled up!>

 

The mechanical voice announced in my head...

 

"Hehehe... I managed to level up two times..." I said as I pulled my dagger out of the corpse of the wolf.

 

I looked towards the three humans. The two men were still in critical condition... The woman was awake...

 

She was staring at me and the remains of the wolves.

 

How does one say "Hello" in the human language...? I think I forgot...

 

My mind was a bit cloudy... I couldn't think straight... I did not notice that I had already fallen to the ground...

 

<SYSTEM: The Job and Title of "HERO" have been obtained.>

 

The mechanical voice said as I was falling unconscious...

 

Strangely, the last thing I saw were a pair of pointy ears and some blonde hair...


Ngn...

 

Soft...

 

I was covered in a soft sensation... I could forget about all of my worries thanks to this wonderful feeling...

 

...

 

OH SHIT! THE DYING HUMANS!

 

I immediately opened up my eyes and raised my upper body.

 

I was in a familiar bedroom... The soft sensation I just felt belonged to Silvia's breasts which were pressing against me.

 

"Ru, how are you feeling?" Silvia asked with her characteristic smile.

 

Hmmm... I feel pretty good actually.

 

I checked my right arm and it was fine... There were no injuries at all.

 

"Healing magic and potions are really impressive, right?" Silvia said with a teasing tone...

 

I see... She was the one who healed me...

 

I moved my arms and my legs... Everything felt alright... No, It felt even better than before...

 

"Thank you Silvia. I managed to level up twice."

 

"It would be strange if you didn't. You killed 10 wolves on your own... And...-"

 

Silvia suddenly hit my head.

 

"Owww! What was that for!?" I asked while covering the place where she hit me...

 

"That's for being too reckless and making me worry! I hope this doesn't happen again!" Silvia smiled. That smile didn't reach her eyes...

 

"It won't happen again!" I instantly declared...

 

Yeah, I think I'm a bit scared of Silvia...

 

"Good. Now, please lay down." Silvia was happy...

 

"Silvia, I'm okay."

 

She glared at me.

 

"Okay..."

 

I was now laying down... Silvia pressed her body against mine... We were now cuddling with each other.

 

"Silvia... Are those people alright?" I asked her about those three humans.

 

Silvia took her time to respond...

 

"The two men died. It was too late for healing magic, and I only had one potion on me. Well, even if I had used a potion, the two of them had lost too much blood anyway." Silvia said with a pained expression.

 

"I see..."

 

I didn't manage to save them... Dammit!

 

"The girl is alright though." Silvia added.

 

Ah...

 

"Well, at least one of them survived..." I said.

 

Man... I feel really bad... I should have been able to save those two as well...

 

"Ru. It is not your fault, okay? You did what you could in that situation. If another person was in your shoes in that situation, I have no doubts that they would end up running away." Silvia tried to comfort me.

 

Silvia hugged me tightly.

 

"You did what you could and managed to save one person, so be proud my love!" Silvia kissed my cheek.

 

"Thank you, Silvia..."

 

Silvia just giggled in response.

 

"Don't worry about it!" She said with her usual carefree smile.

 

"Silvia, what happened with that woman? Did you find out what happened to them?"

 

Silvia nodded.

 

"Yep. Those guys were apparently adventurers tasked to investigate the forest and its surroundings. One of them tried to use a magic tool and everything went wrong. The two guys ended up being mortally wounded while the girl managed to get away uninjured because she was wearing a blessed veil underneath her armour."

 

A blessed veil...?

 

"I'll explain that later." Silvia read my mind...

 

"Thank you..." I was a bit embarrassed that I was so easy to read to her...

 

"The girl is pleasantly sleeping in the next room."

 

"I see... What about my sisters? Where are they?" I asked Silvia.

 

For some reason she seemed a bit uncomfortable.

 

"Well... They were a bit enraged and then they said something about exterminating all of the wolves in the forest..." Silvia laughed bitterly.

 

Oi... Please tell me that she's joking...

 

"Are you serious?"

 

Silvia nodded...

 

I sighed heavily before praying for the souls of those wolves...

 

Considering that I could take on ten wolves on my own, my sisters are more than capable of exterminating all of the wolves in this forest... That's why I am praying for their souls...

 

Sigh... I guess I should check my STATUS now...


[STATUS]

NAME: Ru

RACE: Goblin

AGE: 6 days old

LEVEL: 3 / EXP: 0/400

JOB: HERO

TITLES: Novice Hunter / Survivalist / Irresistible Lover / Hero


[STATS]

HP: 165/165

MP: 180/180

STAMINA: 7000/7000

NATURAL DEFENSE: 50

MAGIC RESISTANCE: 10

MAGICAL ATTACK: 15

PHYSICAL ATTACK: 40

INTELLIGENCE: 130


[NORMAL SKILLS]

CRAFTING / Grade: E / Proficiency: 40/100

TAILORING / Grade: E / Proficiency: 60/100

CLOSE UNARMED COMBAT / Grade: D / Proficiency: 0/350

ARMED COMBAT: SPEAR / Grade: D / Proficiency: 60/350

ARMED COMBAT: SWORD / Grade: D / Proficiency: 34/350

ARMED COMBAT: DAGGER / Grade: D / Proficiency: 14/350

LESSER DETECTION / Grade: E / Proficiency: 52/200

FIRE MAGIC / Grade: E / Proficiency: 0/100

LIGHTNING MAGIC / Grade: E / Proficiency: 0/100

MANA PERCEPTION / Grade: A+ / Proficiency: 0/???


[PASSIVE SKILLS]

SUPERIOR SENSE OF SMELL / Grade: C / Proficiency: 124/3000

SUPERIOR SENSE OF HEARING / Grade: C / Proficiency: 135/3000


[UNIQUE SKILLS]

ENHANCED STAMINA / NO GRADE/ NO PROFICIENCY / SKILL ESCALATES WITH LEVELS.


[BLESSINGS]

BLESSING OF THE GODDESS OF THUNDERCLOUDS,

LADY ELECTRA

BLESSING OF THE GODDESS OF DESTINY,

LADY ARRAT


 

...

 

...

 

...

 

I think my STATUS is broken...

 

"Silvia... Mana Perception reached Grade A+..." I said while panicking...

 

"Ehh?" Silvia seemed confused...

 

"I also obtained the Job of Hero..."

 

"Huh!?" Silvia was now dumbfounded...

 

"Also... I received the blessing of the Goddess of Destiny, Lady Arrat."

 

"..." Silvia was not responding...

 

It seems like I obtained outrageous thanks to my fight with those wolves!

 

Heya! Extra chapter today! We have received our first review. I understand most of the points that the reviewer is trying to address and I want to thank the reviewer for taking time to review the novel. My opinion is that it is a bit too soon to have a review. We have barely seen what the characters have to offer. For example, the reviewer mentioned that Silvia has not displaying her masochistic tendencies. I mean that's true. But bear in mind that Silvia has been on the story for barely 48 hours (or seven chapters of the novel) I didn't want to show those tendencies just yet. She will be showing those tendencies while she interacts with MC in future chapters. The part about the MC being shallow, that's also true, but that's what I was intending with MC in order to make him grow in the future. And finally, the part about the goddesses offering marriage to repair the relationship with MC not making sense...  Arrat was offering much more than that, she intends to make him a legend. I never intended to make the MC forgive Electra just because of that offer. I do recognize that I should have made an inner monologue for Silvia before accepting Arrat's proposal. Again, I want to thank the reviewer and all of the readers of this novel for following me this far. I'm still a novice writer but I'm doing my best. I hope that y'all continue to enjoy this novel!

129