24. Day ten: The town of Norvek and the Inn
4k 57 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We are about to reach the town of Norvek.

 

I can see the wooden buildings from the distance...

 

My sisters and I are currently wearing some new clothes. Silvia and I used some clothing that was stored in the armoury of the castle to make clothes for all of us.

 

We are all wearing shorts, they are all brown coloured. We are all wearing tunics from different colours. Mine is black... We couldn't make any boots or underwear, but hey, at least we are not naked, right?

 

Gi, Ra, La and Xi liked their new clothes a lot... They started dancing when they received them. Their robes are red, light blue, yellow and purple coloured.

 

Mi, Da, Wa and Ta also liked the robes but they weren't as enthusiastic as the previous four. Their robes are gold, silver, dark blue and pink coloured.

 

Ya was the only one who didn't like the new clothing... Apparently, she liked the loin cloths and the makeshift shirt because it made me look at her body regularly... I might have done that from time to time... Anyway, Silvia and I made her shorts even shorter than they already were and then we made a crop top out of her robe. Her robe was white coloured. Well, she really liked it that way.

 

It was fun to make some clothes. The grade of my "Tailoring" skill was raised a bit.

 

My sisters also gathered quite a lot of food for our tribe. They will probably be fine without us for a week. Ah, sadly, the rest of my tribe didn't managed to evolve yesterday. But all of the women leveled up several times... My mother leveled up 5 levels in one go. She's level 7 like me... I am extremely proud of her! My father is level 10 by the way. I wonder why he has not evolved yet...

 

Oh well, that's a question for later... With the help of my sisters they managed to kill at least a dozen of Braten Grizzlies.

 

My parents and the other goblin women were at first against us leaving to the human town... Silvia managed to calm them down when she told them that we could returned whenever we wanted. How? The answer is magic.

 

I was looking at the tattoo on my left hand. It has the shape of an owl.

 

"Ru, does it hurt? I can use healing magic if you want." Silvia was worried about me...

 

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I was just thinking how crazily convenient magic is..."

 

You see... This tattoo allows anyone who has it to go back to Silvia's castle. It doesn't matter how far away you're from the castle, you'll always be able to return. Also, you can return to the place where you activated the tattoo. So we can go back whenever we want. It is really convenient for traveling.

 

Silvia tattooed all of us, including Elise.

 

Ya, Wa, my Father and I tested the tattoo this morning. It does, in fact, work. We heard a strange melody before being teleported back to the gardens of the castle... We got permission to travel thanks to that, but my Mother insisted that I go back once a day to give her a hug and to talk to her... Oh well, I'm fine with that.

 

My little brother Go and my two little sisters Ba and Za were upset that we were leaving, it took us a while to calm them down... I had to promise that I would teach them how to fight when they are old enough. So probably in a few days.

 

Oh, it looks like we have arrived while I was thinking of all this...

 

"Welcome to the town of Norvek! It is pretty nice here!" Elise said with excitement. Thanks to the extra lessons, I can understand her a little better but I still have a long way to go to be fluent in the human language.

 

Most of the buildings in the town were made out of wood. There's a mansion in the center of town and another building made entirely out of stone near that mansion. The people here were using logs to build a large wall around the town... It doesn't seem that it is close to completion yet. The roads of the town are also being paved using stones. They must have recently started doing that because only the entrance of the town is paved.

 

"OOOOOH!" My sisters were all excited and all smiles. Considering this is their first time in a real town, it is understandable.

 

I am also very impressed, this is my first time in a rural town. I lived all of my previous life in the city, so this a new and interesting experience for me as well.

 

"Welcome to the starter town! I hope you enjoy this standard fantasy world experience!" Silvia said jokingly.

 

"Hahaha! It does look like a starter town from a video game!" I laughed at her joke.

 

Silvia nodded and smiled at me.

 

"Well, let's go to the inn and book a room for all of us. After that we should head to the temple for our meeting." Silvia said.

 

I nodded in response.

 

Silvia told me that she wanted me to experience a genuine inn, so we will not be going back to the castle to sleep tonight. I'm really excited to see how they really are!

 

"Ru! Do you smell that!?" Ya was shaking me in desperation... Her stomach was growling...

 

That smell was none other than cooked meat... There's not a lot of people outside, so that must be because it is lunch time.

 

"Well, since it is already noon, we should go and have a meal at the inn while we are at it." Silvia suggested.

 

Ya nodded vigorously. She was already drooling as well...

 

"The inn is over here! It is run by a sweet ♦♦♦♦!" Elise suddenly grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards one of the buildings...

 

Silvia and my sisters giggled in response before following us.


Elise pulled me into the inn...

 

The insides of the inn were filled with wooden tables. The tables were almost full... There were a few empty tables scattered around the room.

 

The insides of the inn are quite beautiful, actually. The floor is entirely made out of wood. There were some stairs at the end of the room. I believe those lead to the rooms. There's a few waitresses going around the tables serving plates... Their blouses were a bit too loose. I could see their breasts bounce while they were moving around the busy inn.

 

There's also a bar to the side of the building. There are several burly men sitting at the bar, drinking mead or wine to their heart's content.

 

I guess this place serves as both Tavern and Inn. That's so cool! I want to have a beer!

 

"Woah!" My sisters were completely shocked and excited about the insides of the inn. Well, Wa was a bit annoyed thanks to the loud drunkards and Ta is a bit overwhelmed thanks to the large amount of people here since she's a bit shy.

 

Elise and Silvia were looking at me... I think they wanted to know my opinion.

 

"So this is a real inn huh... I kinda like it!" I said in the human language.

 

Unfortunately, my words attracted the attention of... Well... Everyone at the crowded inn... The merry atmosphere from the inn and the bar disappeared completely...

 

"Oi... Who invited those ♦♦♦♦♦♦!? ♦♦♦♦♦ green freaks." One of the burly men who was sitting at the bar said while looking at us.

 

"I'm sure as hell it wasn't me! Just look at that golden ♦♦♦♦♦! He looks like ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦! ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦! Hahahaha!" Another burly man said. He had on his right a large mug filled with liquor...

 

Suddenly, all of the burly men at the bar started laughing...

 

"Are they insulting us?" I asked Silvia in Goblin.

 

Silvia looked a bit ashamed... She just nodded and smiled bitterly...

 

Well, I guess I should have expected this... Silvia did tell me that goblins were not looked upon kindly in rural towns...

 

Elise seemed to be getting a bit annoyed at the burly men. Well... My sisters were also getting annoying. Some of them were about to resort to violence.

 

"Wa, put your dagger down..." I said.

 

"..." She silently complied... She still looked angry.

 

Silvia patted my shoulder.

 

"Let's forget about all of this with a nice meal and a few mugs of ale!" She said to us in Goblin.

 

"What's ale?" Ra raised her hand and asked Silvia.

 

"It is a nectar brewed by the gods themselves." I answered her question.

 

"Whoa... It must be pretty tasty then!" Xi was interested.

 

"I'll have some." Mi nodded to herself.

 

"Let's eat!" Silvia patted Elise back in order to calm her down.

 

All thirteen of us walked towards two empty tables. We sat there waiting for a waitress to come and take our order... Na was seated to my right and Gi was seated to my left. They won in rock, paper, scissors. The prize was sitting by my side... Silvia was pouting. For some reason, Elise also participated...

 

After ten minutes, we were getting all bored and hungry... A waitress finally came to take our order.

 

"Misses, we don't serve these green freaks here." The waitress, although beautiful, was incredibly rude... She looked disgusted just from seeing us.

 

Oi... Is that how you run a business?

 

This time Na was also getting pissed off... I saw how she was pulling her dagger... I simply grabbed her hand and shook my head... She complied and put her dagger away.

 

Silvia and Elise looked a bit pissed, to say the least.

 

"And why don't you serve them? We have the money, so ♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦!" Silvia said with an annoyed expression.

 

"We won't serve them because they are freaks!"  The waitress continued being rude to us...

 

My sisters were getting really pissed off... It would be difficult for me to calm all of them down...

 

"Is that how you treat ♦♦♦♦ customers? Can't believe that the owner allows something like this to happen in ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦!" Elise said with an angry expression... Her face was completely red thanks to her anger...

 

"These freaks are no customers! We only serve people in here!" The waitress yelled... I understood perfectly what she said...

 

In that instant, several burly men approached our table... They reeked of alcohol...

 

"And why are these two cuties doing with these bunch of freaks anyway? Why don't you come with us and ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ fuck?" A man who had an obscene expression said... The other men behind him had creepy smiles... I don't need to speak the human language to know what he was asking for...

 

This time, I was the one who got angry... How dare they ask Silvia that when she's with me! I'm gonna fuck them up!

 

"Back off... My woman." I said to the group of men. My hand was already reaching out for my gladius.

 

The men then laughed at me and started to insult me (I didn't understand most of their insults)...

 

"Your women? Do you really think that some beauties like those would be with a pipsqueak like you? Don't make me laugh! Women like that belong to real men like us!" He shouted... The other men and even the waitresses were laughing.

 

The man then tried to touch Silvia... I saw fucking red...

 

The laughs of the people of the inn had quickly turned into screams of horror... I had jumped at the man and I was mercilessly beating him.

 

"DON'T. TOUCH. HER. YOU. FAT. BASTARD!" I said while I was beating the shit out of him.

 

The other burly men who tried to intervene where quickly stopped by my sisters, or even Elise and Silvia.

 

I just kept beating the shit out the drunkard... His face quickly became a bloody mess. I ended up knocking all of his teeth out of his mouth.

 

"Enough!" The voice of an old woman reached my ears...

 

I hit the drunkard one last time. He was now unconscious. I stood up to face the owner of that voice.

 

It was, indeed, an old woman... She's a human. She looks like she has lived a lot.... I think she must be around 90 years of age... She was walking towards me while using a cane to support herself.

 

"Grandma! These freaks started ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ us! ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦!" The waitress who was rude to us ran towards the old woman. She probably just told her what I just did...

 

I was left dumbfounded... The old woman suddenly hit the rude waitress with her cane. She was hit in her forehead. Everyone at the inn, including us, was left dumfounded.

 

"Idiots! Don't you remember that girl over there? She's the adventurer that ♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦ bandits and ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦!" She pointed at Elise with her cane. The old woman was pissed at the men and her own granddaughter.

 

She then walked towards me and started inspecting me... Her granddaughter was sobbing on the background... It looks like she was hit really hard with that cane...

 

"Oh... Yes, yes... It has been a while since I have seen someone like you... If I was a youngster like your girlfriends over there, I would definitely ♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ with you!" The old woman said with excitement... She was poking at my stomach with her cane.

 

Silvia and Elise were blushing... For some reason, I suddenly feel really glad that I don't fully understand the human language yet... But she didn't seem to mind that I am a goblin, apparently.

 

"Ohohoho! Ahh... What a shame! Oi! All of you, if you are not going to ♦♦♦♦♦♦ then you better get the fuck out!" The old lady told the rest of the burly men. She hit the unconscious drunkard with her cane...

 

The burly men simply grabbed their beaten up friend and left without saying a word.

 

"Lara! Do that shit again, and ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦! You idiot!" The old lady yelled at her granddaughter.

 

The granddaughter flinched and then she ran towards what I presume is the kitchen...

 

"Sorry about that! Your meal will be on the house. ♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦ handsome." She old lady smiled and winked at me...

 

I feel like I'm in danger...


Okay! The food here is actually pretty good!

 

Hmm? The situation from before? It is already fixed. Granny Mara said that she would vouch for us to the mayor if it is necessary. Ah! The old lady is called Mara. She told us to call her Granny Mara.

 

Anyway, the food. I'm eating some quiche, boiled potatoes and some rice with a few spices. Pretty tasty! I'm also drinking some ale. I'm quite disappointed to be honest... I drank three big mugs of ale and I don't even feel close to being drunk...

 

My sisters on the other hand... They didn't handle ale too well... Ya and Ra fainted as soon as they took a sip of the ale... Na was the only one who really liked the beverage.

 

Silvia, Elise, Granny Mara and I are enjoying ourselves with some drinks while my sisters are eating to their hearts content.

 

"Is it fine for us to not pay?" I asked.

 

Granny Mara just nodded and took a sip of her drink.

 

"Just think of it as a gift, handsome!" She winked at me again...

 

Yeah, it turns out she said that she wanted to do some really messed up stuff in bed with me... I am, of course, horrified by the revelation... Silvia told me that in Goblin...

 

"Granny Mara, everything was really good! Thank you so much!" Elise thanked her.

 

"No worries. Then? What happened to the ♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦♦ ♦♦♦♦♦? Did you manage to find the bandits' ♦♦♦♦♦♦?" Granny Mara asked Elise.

 

Elise just shook her head.

 

"The other two died." Elise said with a serious expression.

 

"I see... A pity." Granny mara took another sip of her drink.

 

She then sighed heavily...

 

"Fuck my life... I miss the capital... I hate this fucking shit hole! My idiotic son and granddaughter really ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ coming here. Fuck!"  Granny Mara rambled.

 

Silvia, Elise and I smiled bitterly.

 

"Sure! Let's open an inn in the middle of fucking nowhere! They will open a ♦♦♦♦♦♦ that will lead to Sholukhur they said! It will be very ♦♦♦♦♦ they said! Many travelers will ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦! What a bunch of idiots!" Granny Mara kept rambling...

 

Granny Mara hit the table with her cane.

 

"I hate the fact that I will die in this shit hole!" She yelled.

 

Wow... Intense...

 

"Sorry! I didn't mean to ramble in front of you. This town really gets on my nerves... Anyway, for how ♦♦♦♦ are you ♦♦♦♦♦ to stay? She asked us.

 

"I'll have to stay until the bandits are ♦♦♦♦♦." Elise said calmly.

 

"Good. Your room was left ♦♦♦♦♦♦ as you left it. So, what about you handsome?" She asked me.

 

"Actually, we came here to visit the temple. He and I are going to get ♦♦♦♦♦♦ there!" Silvia said with excitement.

 

"Only you? What about her?" She pointed to Elise with her cane.

 

"No... I am not going to... I mean... I could but I would like to..." Elise started mumbling while blushing... She really looks cute when she blushes.

 

"No, all of them are also getting ♦♦♦♦♦♦ with him." Silvia pointed at my sisters. They were still eating a lot. The waitresses were still bringing food.

 

Granny Mara looked surprised. She then started laughing and then smacked my back playfully.

 

"Jeez! You already have a ♦♦♦♦♦♦? You're really enjoying your youth, eh? Ah... Young love. I really miss it a lot." She smiled.

 

I don't understand what she said, but I am quite happy to be loved, you know?

 

"You are invited to come, of course." Silvia offered.

 

"Good! Please stay with us as long as you want. I'll make sure no one causes ♦♦♦♦♦♦ to you." Granny Mara smiled and winked at us again.

 

In the end, we ended up spending the next four hours talking with Granny Mara. She started telling us several stories of her youth. She was also a very helpful conversational partner! She was also constantly trying to flirt with me... I got quite scared when she got drunk...

92