29. Let’s rush things!
3k 19 73
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After that unfortunate trip to the tailor shop, Elise and Junko took me to all of the stores in town... We bought some more bread and some neat accessories.

 

Electra was apparently going to suggest me to take Elise and Junko to those stores, but since the two of them were already dragging me there, she lost her chance to tell me... She was sulking for a while.

 

Anyway, I was also able to ask about the Aurevium accessories... They didn't have any in stock... It was a bit disappointing. I'm thinking of bringing the Aurevium we found at the cave to commission some rings at the smithy. I will have to figure a way to get some money for that though...

 

After all that, Junko took Elise and I towards the lake. We were sitting under the shade of a tree... Several bags with clothing and accessories were on the ground besides us.

 

I'm wearing my shorts and my black tunic again... Ah... They bought me a pair of sandals. They are very comfortable!

 

Elise also bought sandals for my sisters. All of the pairs of sandals were made for kids...

 

"Hehehe! It really suits you, Ru!" Junko complimented me.

 

"Yeah! It looks so cool!"  Elise nodded vigorously.

 

Yeah... I also got a piercing on my right ear... Strangely, it didn't hurt at all. I asked Electra if it would affect my hearing but she said that I could get a piercing. That it wouldn't affect my hearing at all.

 

(They are right, you know? It really looks good on you!) Electra also complimented me.

 

"Thank you very much! But... Are you sure it is fine spending so much money on me?" I asked with a poker face. I didn't want them to know that I was really embarrassed...

 

Elise and Junko only smiled at me... Junko was happily wagging her tail.

 

To be honest, this is the first time I have been showered in gifts like this... It certainly feels good! But it also makes me feel kinda bad... They spent around 100 Yutz on clothes and accessories for me... I don't know whether that amount is a lot or not because Electra, Elise and Junko refused to tell me if it was...

 

"Hehehe!" Junko suddenly giggled.

 

"Fufufu!" Elise laughed mischievously.

 

Sigh... While it does feel good to be pampered by these two, my pride cannot allow this to continue any longer... I will be taking the initiative! If I don't, my pride as a man will be shattered!

 

I didn't waste any time and grabbed the hands of both Elise and Junko. Junko's hand is small and feels very delicate while Elise's hand feels really smooth and warm.

 

Both of them stopped giggling and laughing and looked at me with surprised expressions. Junko was wiggling her tail quite fast... Both of their faces got flushed.

 

"Aah... Ehh... Ru... You..." Elise was looking at me with embarrasment... She was trying to say something but it the embarrasment prevented her from doing so.

 

On the other hand, Junko's eyes were completely focused on our hands... Her tail was moving even faster than before...

 

"Thank you very much for taking me on a date. I had a lot of fun! I will be paying next time though." I said to the two of them.

 

"N-Next time? Are you saying that you will take us on a date again...?" Elise asked. She was trying to cover her flushed face with her remaining hand but she was not doing a good job...

 

I nodded.

 

"Hehehe! Really? Are you serious!?" Elise said cheerfully. She was smiling from ear to ear.

 

Is it really that unbelievable that I ask them for a second date?

 

"I made up my mind!" Junko suddenly shouted... She jumped at me and Elise... The three of us were now laying on the ground.

 

"Junko... What are you doing...? Jeez!" Elise complained and then pouted. She had not let go of my hand.

 

Junko was looking at my eyes very intently.

 

"Ru, become my boyfriend!" Junko had an eager expression on her face.

 

Isn't she going too fast about this? I don't really mind though since Silvia and I got together after a day or so.

 

"EEHH!?" Elise was the first one to react... She was holding my hand very tightly... She was about to crush it...

 

"I don't have any doubts anymore! I want to be together with you!" Junko hugged me tightly. I don't think her tail can possibly move any faster than it does now...

 

I don't have any objections, but...

 

"Junko, you know that I am already getting married, right? Not only to Silvia, but to my ten sisters as well." I said to her.

 

I thought that would make her at least show some shock, but I was wrong...

 

"I know that! You have the smell of several girls attached to you!" She smiled.

 

Ehh? Really?

 

(Never understimate the nose of a Dogkin!) Electra said cheerfully.

 

"Please become my boyfriend!" Junko insisted on it.

 

Well, I have no reason to say no. Electra had told me that both her and Elise are in love with me and since I also like them quite a lot, my answer is quite obvious.

 

"Very well." I nodded and smiled at Junko.

 

But it does make me wonder... Is it fine for nuns to date people in this world?

 

(Why wouldn't it? As long as they fulfill their obligations, they can do whatever they want with their lives.) Electra explained.

 

I see... So it is like that huh...

 

"Hehehe!" Junko instantly glued herself to me... She was hugging me tightly.

 

I then made eye contact with Elise... She was as red as a tomato. She seemed to be trying to tell me something but she was struggling....

 

"So unfair... I wanted to ask him first..." Elise muttered.

 

"Elise." I called her.

 

She flinched as soon as I said her name.

 

"Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" I asked Elise.

 

"Fueeh...?" She made a strange sound and then blushed even more... That was so cute!

 

"You don't want to?" I asked with a teasing tone.

 

I saw how Elise panicked for a moment... It took her a few seconds to compose herself. It was a very adorable sight.

 

"I don't want to be your girlfriend! I also want to be your wife!" She said after composing herself... Her face was still completely red... But... This time she was really crushing my hand... She was grasping it with all her might...

 

I think she just broke my hand... For some reason, it doesn't hurt.

 

(I'm blocking your ability to feel pain. I thought it would be necessary for Elise's confession.) Electra explained.

 

Oh... Fair enough. I broke my hand once back on Earth. It hurt like hell... I'm glad that Electra blocked my sense of pain!

 

(But wife huh... The girls of this world really like to rush things...) I said to Electra.

 

(As long as there's love it should be fine! Now, be a nice cute believer and don't leave your future wife hanging!) Electra said with excitement.

 

"Okay, then let's get married Elise." I nodded.

 

Elise then froze in place... She had a confused expression...

 

(Give her a second, she's just processing your answer.) Electra said with an amused tone.

 

Is she a computer now...?

 

"Wife!? That's not fair! I was planning to take it slowly, but that leaves me with no choice! Marry me as well, Ru!" Junko yelled at me. She was now crushing my ribs with her hug... The nun was a bit more stronger that I had imagined...

 

"Very well. I'll also get married to you, Junko." I nodded again.

 

Hmmm... I don't really feel uncomfortable with the idea of marriage. but I do feel like they rushed everything a bit... Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter now. I do want to know their reasons for asking me for marriage that quickly though.

 

"I'm so glad I met you!" Junko smiled at me.

 

Elise suddenly moved her face directly in front of mine and looked me dead in the eyes... She had an embarrassed expression.

 

"So we are really getting married? You are not lying, right?" Elise asked shyly.

 

"I would be a monster if I lied about such a thing..." I said with a bitter smile

 

Elise took a deep breath... Her shy expression suddenly became an ecstatic one.

 

"Hehehehe! I'm marrying my golden prince! I can't believe you actually said yes! I'm so happy!" Elise then started kissing my cheek repeatedly.

 

Golden prince? Is that supposed to be me...? I'm not gonna lie... I'm a bit embarrassed of being called like that...

 

"Hehehe!" Junko hugged me tightly.

 

It seems like I'll be stuck here for a while...


I was, indeed, stuck with Elise and Junko in that position for a long time... Luckily for me, Junko knows healing magic so she fixed my broken hand. Elise was really embarrassed about it though.

 

"Then, I would like to know the reasons why you asked to marry me. I mean, we have only known each other for a short time..." I said to the two of them.

 

Elise raised her hand before Junko could do it... Let's start with Elise then.

 

"Do you want to go first?" I asked her.

 

Elise nodded vigorously.

 

She cleared her throat before she started speaking. Junko and I prepared ourselves to listen.

 

"I fell in love the instant I saw you fighting those wolves! When Silvia explained that you fought alone against those wolves while I was unconscious, I instantly knew that you were the only one for me!" Elise said while blushing.

 

She tightly grasped my hand again... I was a bit scared that she would break it again, but she was holding back this time...

 

"I guess that's not a very good explanation... Well... Umm... You see... My parents were adventurers when they were young... They first met when my father saved the life of my mother when she was fighting a pack of wolves... My mother fell deeply in love with my father and in less than a week later, they were married. A month after that, they had a baby on the way." Elise explained.

 

Wow! Really!? That's so cool and weird! I mean, we basically met the same way like her parents.

 

Hmm... Now that I'm listening to her story, I have the feeling that I have gotten better at understanding the human language...

 

"My mother retired from being an adventurer and opened an inn with the help of my grandparents. My father kept being an adventurer. Due to that, he was almost never around. I really enjoyed the moments when he was with us though... I prayed to the gods for those moments to last forever."

 

Oh...

 

"My mother then started telling the story of how my father saved her over and over again. To be fair, it was my fault... I love that story so much... I always asked her to tell me that story before I went to sleep. She also used to tell me several fairy tales about princes or knights rescuing princesses or maidens who were in peril. I have always been obsessed about those stories." Elise smiled brightly just as she was telling me this.

 

She took a deep breath before she continued.

 

"The last time I saw my father was when I was nine. That was the last time he came home to spend time with us... He spent a whole month with us before going away again. You could say that it was probably the best month of my life." Elise now had a bitter smile...

 

Oh no...

 

"He died while exploring a ruin several weeks after his visit... The guild sent us his equipment and all of the money he had stored with them... His last gift to my mother was a baby boy who was born nine months later. My baby brother..."

 

"Elise, I...-" She used her hand to block my mouth...

 

"Don't worry! I already got over it. The reason why I am telling you this, is because I won't allow something like that to happen to us. You're my prince after all!" Elise had a charming smile.

 

(Sniff...) Electra made a strange sound.

 

(Are you okay?) I asked.

 

(I'm sho fine! Don't worryh!) Electra was sobbing...

 

"I'm madly in love with you! So, don't even try to leave me behind! I will always manage to find you!" She said with excitement.

 

That's a bit... Terrifying... And cute... Definitely terrifying, but also cute!

 

"But... Are you fine knowing that I wil also get married to other girls?" I asked Elise.

 

"Should I be against it? I know of several people who have harems in my city." She tilted her head while she answered my question.

 

Ehh?

 

"Is that so...?" I replied while being completely bewildered inside.

 

(Yeah, harems are very common here. You will be very shocked once you go to the Sultanate of Charhanya. Have you ever heard of a reverse harem? There's tons of them there.) Electra added.

 

I was now even more confused thanks to Electra.

 

"Ideally, I would like to have you all for myself, but Gi told me that you could manage all of them while... Well... You know..." Elise blushed again.

 

"I understand... Then please take good care of me, okay?" I smiled.

 

"Only if you promise that we will go on adventures together." Elise said with a teasing tone.

 

I nodded in agreement.

 

"Fufufu! Our life together will be fun!" Elise seemed really excited.

 

"Okay! Now it's my turn!" Junko who had been silently listening until now, couldn't wait any longer...

 

Her ears twitched as soon as we made eye contact.

 

"I was born in the Theocracy of Washa to the east of this country. I grew up in an orphanage that belonged to the church... From a young age, we were taught that we had to thank the Gods for their mercy and the fact that we were alive. From a very young age we were trained to become the servants of the Gods." Junko explained.

 

An orphanage huh...

 

"My orphanage was very strict. We spend most of our time studying and practicing healing magic, ceremonies to express our gratitude to the Gods and how to maintain their temples..." Junko closed her eyes.

 

Both Elise and I were silently listening...

 

"To tell you the truth, I never had any friends... When I was a child, I discovered that I possessed a special power." Junko confessed with a a bitter smile.

 

She then pointed at her nose...

 

"With my sense of smell, I can learn the true character of a person... After using my ability, I could detect those who had ill intentions against me... You see... I was the only demihuman in that orphanage... All of the other kids and sometimes the adults ignored me or insulted me because of my race. Because of my ability, I also distanced myself from them because I knew that they wanted to do something harmful to me..." Junko had a serious expression.

 

Both Elise and I were pale after hearing that...

 

(Electra, is that...-)

 

(Hey... I am speechless as well... People like that will never represent the values that my family stands for!) Electra got indignant.

 

"I came to hate that place... It was a very cold place for me... I only wanted to have some friends and have someone to talk to..." Junko rubbed her chin.

 

"Sniff..." I could see tears on Elise's eyes.

 

Me...? I may be about to cry as well...

 

"When I was ten, Father Marcus took me under his wing and we came to live in this country. He basically became my parent... He was the only one who showed me how warm love could be... Ah... Don't misunderstand me, I love him as my parent, okay?" She suddenly corrected herself.

 

(Marcus Ragnolis... That's certainly someone worthy of speaking for the gods.) Electra muttered.

 

"He's always been a good parent and a mentor to me... I like to think that he raised me well. I will be forever grateful for what he has done for me... But despite all the time we have been together... He has not patted my head, not even once!" Junko was now complaining...

 

I looked at her with a bit of confusion.

 

"Nine years! It has been nine years since he took me under his wing, but he never patted my head! Yes, he played with me as a kid but he never did the only thing my whole being was yearning for!" Junko pouted...

 

(Electra, is it that important for a Dogkin to get headpats?) I asked.

 

(It really is very important! They only allow people who they really like to do so.) Electra explained.

 

People who they really like huh...

 

"I thought that my head would never be patted... I was really losing all hope... That was until you and Silvia came to the church... I have meet a lot of people in my life, but they never dared to even give me a handshake because they were afraid of angering the gods... You really took me by surprise, Ru! I have never been assaulted in such a manner!" Junko smiled warmly...

 

Oi! Someone could misunderstand that!

 

Elise was giving me a weird look...

 

"I only patted her head, played with her ears and her tail! I'm innocent of everything else!" I instantly explained in order to save myself from a misunderstanding...

 

Junko nodded vigorously and then she smiled brightly.

 

"It was the best moment of my life!" Junko said.

 

Elise seemed relieved that I didn't attack the poor dogkin nun...

 

"But that doesn't explain why you want to marry Ru though." Elise said.

 

Junko was now twiddling with her thumbs. She was wagging her tail nervously...

 

"Ah well... I really like his smell... It is really driving me crazy..." Her tail was now moving faster...

 

"My smell? Just because of that you want to get married to me?" I asked... I was a bit confused.

 

"It is not only because of that! You're also very handsome, you're knows how to listen, you're kind, you're adorable, you're the best at patting my head! I want to have pups with you!" Junko was now yelling. Her face was completely red. She was moving around nervously...

 

Oi... We just got engaged... It is a bit too soon to be thinking about children...

 

(Ah! Don't worry! You will be fine! With the Job of Hero, you won't be able to have children unless you really want that to happen. There's also magic to prevent pregnancies, it is 100% effective! You should be fine on that end for now.) Electra explained

 

That explanation made me remember that I have been doing it with my sisters and Silvia without protection... It is a good thing I have the Job of Hero!

 

"Since you're the guy who shamelessly stole my first, you must become my husband!" She yelled.

 

Elise was looking at me and giggling... It is a good thing that we are in this forest away from other people who could misinterpret that

 

"I understand both of your reasons... Please take good care of me." I said.

 

Junko then jumped at me for the second time today... She moved her head towards my hand.

 

"Of course! I will require 1000 headpats a day in exchange for that!" Junko smiled brightly.

 

I smiled at her... It is a good thing that I have the stamina to do that.

 

Elise then suddenly jumped on top of Junko and I.

 

"My golden prince, promise me that you will never leave without telling me! I will always go with you!" Elise hugged me.

 

"Of course!" I smiled at her...

 

I was trapped in their embrace for the next few hours... They were so happy that I agreed that they didn't want to let me go... Sigh, the girls of this world are really interesting.

 

Heya! New chapter is out! The map of the continent where MC lives is finished. You can check it out in the glossary section!

73