54. Day Sixteen: Adventurer’s Guild.
1.7k 44 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whoaaa! Incredible!" Ya looked incredibly excited and surprised.

 

"That's the place where we are going!? Please tell me it is!" Gi was also very excited.

 

"It is so big! It looks like a castle!" La said happily.

 

"I wonder how it looks inside! Does it look like Rose's inn or will it look like our Castle? I'm so excited!" Fa was literally dancing with a lot of enthusiasm.

 

My sisters and I were looking at the building in front of us with confusion and excitement.

 

"Hehehe! Are you surprised? Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild of Alorari!" Elise pointed at the large building in front of us.

 

Today, we came to register at the Adventurer's Guild.

 

Hmm? The party? Ah yeah…

 

The party was pretty fun. After eating until I was satisfied, I danced and played some party games with my wives, Leonard, Rose, Tomoko, Sae, Suika and Nozomi.

 

I had a good time… It was a good time until the housewives (A.K.A Rose's friends) dragged Elise and I to another room and started bombarding us with questions.

 

Let's not talk about that…

 

After what happened with the housewives, my wives and I naturally went to sleep together…

 

Needless to say… I actually needed to triple the dose of the aphrodisiac…

 

They were merciless…

 

I think I forgot to mention this, but I haven't done anything yet with Arrat, Astera and Electra.

 

They said that our special occasion would come eventually. Astera said that the wait would be really more than worth it.

 

I just simply respected their wishes...

 

I'm really looking forward to it though… I wonder why they want to wait…?

 

Anyway, this morning Arrat, Silvia and Elise suggested that we should join the Adventurer's Guild.

 

Silvia and Arrat suggested that because it will be fun.

 

Elise suggested that we should join in order to create a Clan with her and her party.

 

What's a Clan? Electra just explained everything about the Adventurer's Guild to me.

 

Let's see…

 

The guild has a rank system. The minimum rank is E and the maximum is SSS.

 

The rank system evaluates both individuals and groups.

 

You may be an A-rank adventurer, but your group could still be a C-rank.

 

That system is pretty simple, if you complete some quest, you will increase your rank which will allow you access more difficult quests, bigger rewards, information and resources from the guild.

 

Also if several adventurers form a group, the group is usually called a party. If they start completing quests successfully, then they may get a special name for their party.

 

The name of Elise's party is: "Alpine Tempest." They are a C-rank party.

 

Parties are limited to eight members. That means that our group cannot join Elise's party.

 

But that's the purpose of Clans. Clans do not have a limit on how many members can join.

 

So, the plan is to form a Clan as soon as we reach D-rank, which is the rank that you need to be to establish a Clan.

 

That's pretty much all the things Electra explained about the Adventurer's Guild.

 

Unfortunately, Lara and Mara couldn't come with us right now. They said that they wanted to go to Norvek for a bit, but they will come to join us soon.

 

"Impressive. Although it is very small when you compare it to Guild's Headquarters." Suika said with a curious expression.

 

Ehh? This is very small…?

 

I looked at the building in front of me and thought:

 

(There's no way this is small!) I shouted in my mind.

 

The building is six stories tall. It is made out of a combination of wood, brick and stone. There's several windows on each floor of the building.

 

The Adventurer's Guild of Alorari is located near the center of the town. It is extremely close to the Castle of Alorari, where the Count and his family live.

 

Around the guild, there's several stores and administrative buildings. Most stores here are for weapons and supplies, which makes sense thanks to the large number of adventurers of this city.

 

There's also a lot of bars and restaurants around. Some of which are affiliated to the guild and offer discounts and more services to adventurers.

 

"Mother, is it really that small…?" Nozomi asked with a shy expression.

 

"I-I-It seems just as tall as that tower of the evil wizard of that book we read before…" Ta stuttered.

 

Suika simply nodded and smiled.

 

"The HQ of the guild is at least 20 stories tall." Suika smiled.

 

"Huh…? Wouldn't that be considered a skyscraper?" I said with a shocked expression.

 

"To think there would be such a tall building in this world…" Tomoko said while holding my hand tightly.

 

"You know? This building reminds me a bit of my home country. The temples there were just as tall as this building." Junko said while wagging her tail.

 

(Well, twenty stories isn't that high though. I have been in the Tokyo Sky Tree! Now that's a tall building!) Sae neighed with enthusiasm.

 

"Tokyo Sky Tree…? Is it a tree that actually grows in the sky?" Xi asked with a curious expression.

 

"Jeez, it doesn't seem like progress has stagnated a lot like you guys said…'' Silvia looked at Arrat, Astera and Electra with a blank expression.

 

"Progress HAS stagnated though. Mortals still haven't figured their way out of the middle ages." Arrat said with a playful smile.

 

"Sheesh… Even though we prepared all of those extra continents and extra new resources… What a waste of a Sunday…" Astera said with a flat tone. She was glued to my back… I was carrying her.

 

"Well, you cannot really compare the progress of the civilizations of Earth and this one." Electra said to her sisters.

 

"But there's toilets and showers here. I thought they were invented way past the middle ages..." Tomoko seemed a bit confused.

 

"That's simple. The existence of magic tools is the answer to that. There are several inventions that were completely skipped or scrapped thanks to the existence of magic tools and magic in general. Pipes for example. Toilets, showers and sinks do not require any type of pipes. You can also say the same about cables and electricity. In this world, people illuminate the streets with special magic tools with the shape of a stone that take mana from the environment. No need for cables or electricity. And people do know that Electricity could power some tools, but several researchers of the past have deemed the process of generating electricity and power as too much of a hassle to even be considered worthwhile." Suika explained with a very enthusiastic and smug expression.

 

Oh… So it is like that huh…

 

"I see! Suisui-chan's explanations are always so easy to understand!" Tomoko nodded with excitement.

 

"Well, I do agree with the sentiment of those researchers. Mana is basically a free infinite energy waiting to be exploited." Silvia nodded in agreement with a smile.

 

"Exactly!" Suika looked really happy that the two of them understood her explanation.

 

(Yeah! I'm glad we are on the same page! I didn't understand a word…) Sae whispered the last part.

 

"Your actual thoughts are leaking, Sae." Astera said with a flat tone.

 

Sae neighed with embarrassment but then she feigned ignorance.

 

"Ummm… I didn't really understand it either… What's a pipe? What's a cable?" Na seemed really confused.

 

"You still haven't answered my question about the Tree that grows in the skies of Tokyo!" Xi said with sparkles in her eyes.

 

"I don't really think they were talking about an actual tree, Xi…" Mi said with a bitter smile.

 

"Ngn… I can't go in there… Too noisy…" Wa already had an annoyed expression on her face.

 

Da then hugged Wa. She was trying to calm her down.

 

"The kids from the neighborhood told me about a very nice and quiet park here so please endure! We'll go there with Ru when we are done here!" Da said with a smile in order to calm our older sister down.

 

Wa simply nodded in response and hugged Da. Da's strategy seemed to have worked.

 

"Alright, what are we waiting for? Let's go inside!" Elise raised her fist in the air and then started walking triumphantly. 

 

Our group immediately followed Elise.

 

Elise has been talking about this all morning… Ever since we said that we were going to register, she has maintained a smug expression on her face.

 

When we reached the doors, people actually started getting out of our way because of Elise.

 

Nobody really questioned why a horse was coming into the building.

 

Now, the insides were actually pretty clean and pleasant to me. Silvia had told me that guilds usually look like those kinds of bars where only tough looking people can go inside.

 

Well, this is the complete opposite of that...

 

The floors have a very fine and beautiful carpet, the walls are all made out of bricks and there's paintings of towns and the city of Alorari hanging on every wall. There's also paintings of people hanging on the walls.

 

There's three rows of tables with seats on the right corner of the building. There seems to be a bar on that part of the building.

 

On the left side of the building there's a really long desk with dozens of people behind and even more file cabinets and mountains of documents behind them.

 

All of those people are wearing the same uniform. That means that they are Guild employees.

 

One the walls near the entrance and the large desk, there are dozens of bulletin boards with a wide variety of papers attached to them. Most of the bulletin boards have letters going from the “E” to the “C” on top of them.

 

"Alright, if you're here to register, then please join that line. If you're here for the appraisal of materials of monster parts, please enter that room." 

 

One of the employees of the guild pointed at a room in the left corner of the building. There was a door which was located near a flight of stairs.

 

"Hehehe! Things are really lively as always~! It is so good to be at home!" Elise smiled from ear to ear.

 

Elise was right… Things were really lively here. As soon as we entered, a wild mix of smells and noises invaded my senses…

 

I could smell perfume, sweat, liquor and food.

 

"Ugh… This smell… Can you just register without me…" Mi looked really pale.

 

Right… Mi has a very powerful sense of smell… She doesn't seem to like this mix.

 

"This is the only thing I hate about being a dogkin…" Junko was pinching her nose. Her eyes were a bit teary.

 

"S-S-So many people…" Nozomi was trembling a bit.

 

"Yeah…" Ta was also a bit uncomfortable.

 

The two of them are shy so it is understandable... 

 

"Oh! I'm sorry! Let's go to the third floor! It will be much quieter and there will be less smelly things there." Elise seemed to have realized that some of our companions were uncomfortable.

 

She immediately started guiding us towards the flight of stairs…

 

Just when we reached the middle of the building…

 

"Oi! 'Daydreamer' is here!" A man shouted while pointing at Elise.

 

The whole room became quiet… 

 

I forgot to mention this, but there were dozens of people in this room… The eyes of those people were completely focused on our group…

 

"Shit…" Elise muttered.

 

Also… Daydreamer?

 

(That's one of Elise's nicknames.) Electra explained.

 

I see…

 

The room was still completely silent… The silence was extremely uncomfortable and the atmosphere was heavy.

 

"Finally… They are quiet…"  Wa said with a smile.

 

She was the only one happy about this situation…

 

I looked around the room and I noticed that some people were giving us some dirty looks.

 

Don't tell me that I will have to fight some idiots here as well…

 

But… I guess if they don't mind having their dicks cut off, I don't have a problem with beating the shit out of them.

 

While I was focusing on that, two guild employees quickly approached us.

 

One was a woman and the other one was a man. The two of them seemed to be in his mid-twenties. 

 

The woman had a cold and serious expression on her face. The man seemed to have a happy-go-lucky personality.

 

The two of them look alike… No, their facial features are extremely similar. They are twins…

 

The two of them have white hair, the woman's is long, flowing way past her hips and the guy has short hair. The two of them have red eyes.

 

The man and the woman are 1.70 meters tall.

 

Did I forget to mention that the two of them have a pair of rabbit ears?

 

They must be rabbitkin.

 

The two of them stopped right in front of Elise.

 

"Elise Crelet. Your presence here only means that the Compulsory Request was completed." The woman said with a flat tone. Her expression didn't change at all.

 

"Or it also means that she failed and came here to quit being an adventurer~! Considering that two people died, it wouldn't be strange that she got scared." The man said with a playful tone.

 

I don't like this guy… 

 

The people in the room started whispering about what the man said.

 

"Which one is the case, Elise Crelet?" The woman asked with a cold expression.

 

The room grew quiet once again…

 

"The request was completed, of course. Who do you take me for, Alan? You fucking asshole!" Elise insulted the man with a teasing tone.

 

The man immediately smiled and his expression brightened. He looked like a child who spent a full day at an amusement park.

 

The woman's expression didn't change a single bit…

 

"Hahaha! Well, you're the third one to call me an asshole today. As expected of our 'Daydreamer'!" The man nodded in agreement.

 

"Please come with us to the third floor. We need you to sign some documents. Your companions will have to wait here." The woman said with a cold expression. She immediately turned around and started walking towards the stairs.

 

"Sandra, it wouldn't kill you to smile a bit! Also, my companions MUST come with me!" Elise got annoyed.

 

"The rules say that only C-rank and personnel are allowed on the third floor." Sandra spoke without looking back.

 

"Oh is that so? Then I guess you and Alan don't want their commissions for the completed quest or the captured bandits. I won't sign the papers unless my companions come with me!" Elise declared with a grin.

 

The people started whispering again.

Alan immediately approached his twin.

 

"Sis! Don't be so hardheaded! You know how dependable Elise is! We are going to get a big and juicy commission! Don't blow this up for us!" He whispered in Sandra's ear.

 

"But the rules say…-" Sandra couldn't finish her sentence.

 

"Of course! Your friends can come with us! Don't worry about it!" Alan immediately said that to Elise.

 

I swear that I could see dollar signs in his eyes...

 

"That's good." Elise nodded with satisfaction.

 

"Let's go then! Let's not waste any time!" Alan started pushing his sister and beckoning us to follow him.

 

Elise turned around and smiled warmly at me before she started walking. We immediately followed after her.


All of us, including Sae/Blanca, the black mare, were currently sitting in an ample room on the third floor of the building.

 

Elise and Alan were grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Sigh… We are gonna get in trouble for breaking the rules…” Sandra didn’t seem too pleased that we are here…

 

“Well… Sometimes that’s the price of filling your pockets with precious Yutz!” Alan said happily.

 

“That’s right! C’mon, Sandra! You’re gonna get a good commission and maybe a raise!” Elise pointed at the woman with the icy expression.

 

Sandra simply sighed heavily before she stood up and started handing papers to everyone.

 

“Please fill them with your information. Name, Age, Jobs... Titles are optional, but it would be good if you wrote them down as well. Please also indicate the weapons you’re most familiar with. The name of an emergency contact would also be appreciated. You can write as many names as you see fit.” She said as she was handing out the papers.

 

My sisters, my mother, the goddesses, the black mare, the dogkin nun, and the duo of mousekin mother and daughter all received a paper sheet and a pen.

 

My sisters and mother actually seemed very excited to finally be able to put what they learned (reading and writing) into practice.

 

Ah! Sae received one because she talked to both Sandra and Alan. She asked if they had some sort of elevator because she was a bit scared of trying to go down the stairs.

 

“Sis! We can finally get a place of our own!” Alan said with glee.

 

“And all thanks to my family and me! Now kneel before us and thank us!” Elise said with a smug expression.

 

Alan actually kneeled in front of us.

 

“You people are my gods now… I will follow you and pray to you until the end of my days… Our days of renting are finally over! Hahaha! I’m so happy!” Alan said with a playful tone.

 

He doesn’t know that there are three actual goddesses here in front of him. The three are actually giggling.

 

“By the way, Elise. Word through the grapevine says that you got married in Norvek. Is that true? Where’s your husband?” Alan asked with genuine curiosity.

 

I’m right here… Do the people who spread the rumors skip the part about my race…?

 

Just as I was thinking of that, Sandra stood up in front of me… She started to look at me very intently… She didn’t hand me the form to join the guild.

 

“…”

 

“...”

 

For some reason, I could only look at her in silence. It seemed like a staring contest had started between us…

 

“Alan… Didn’t anyone tell you? My husband is the bright golden goblin over there!” Elise pointed at me.

 

“Ehh? It was him!?” Alan seemed genuinely dumbfounded.

 

That phrase pisses me off for some reason…

 

“I see…”  Sandra said with her icy expression.

 

Sandra nodded to herself and handed me the form.

 

“If you need help filling out the form, don’t hesitate to ask.” Sandra said while looking at my eyes very intently.

 

I could hear the goddesses, Silvia and Tomoko chuckling…

 

I have a bad feeling about that…

 

Anyway, it didn’t take long for us to fill out the forms. Nozomi and Suika helped Sae to fill out her form.

 

When we were done, we handed everything over to Sandra… Who for some reason, was shooting some glances at me the whole time…

 

“This should do… Your guild cards will be…-” Sandra was suddenly interrupted.

 

The door burst open from the outside. A tall man with blond hair and black eyes came into the room. 

 

He was wearing some expensive clothing and glasses. His clothes consisted of a white shirt with a dark blue jacket on top of it. He was wearing brown pants and matching boots.

 

I didn’t like this man… His facial expression was filled with anger and disdain for whatever reason…

 

Both Alan and Sandra stiffened… They were sitting awkwardly...

 

“So you must be Elise Crelet. I see.” The man didn’t seem very impressed.

 

“And who might you be?” Elise asked.

 

“I’m the Guild Master of this branch. Leon Anthoine Marrei.” Leon seemed disgusted for some reason.

 

“Guild Master…? Wait a minute! The Guild Master of this branch was Rachel!” Elise said with a shock expression.

 

Leon adjusted his glasses.

 

“She was promoted. She had to return to HQ.” He explained what happened to the previous Guild Master.

 

“Ehh… Are you serious…?” Elise was still in shock.

 

Leon then suddenly looked at us… His expression changed into an annoying one… He seemed extremely disgusted and angry.

 

“Sandra, did they by any chance come here to register?” He asked the very stiff and uncomfortable Sandra.

 

“Yes…” She replied apathetically.

 

“Let me see their applications.” He extended her hand towards his employee.

 

“Here…” Sandra simply gave them to Leon.

 

He took a quick glance at the paper sheets before…-

 

“Whoops… It seems like Sandra made a mess.” Leon tore apart all of the paper sheets that contained our information. His expression was filled with disdain.

 

The room became silent after that…

 

All of us were completely shocked by what he had just done and said...

 

Heya! New chapter! I have to work tomorrow and Friday (temporary work), so I don't know if I can make the Friday's chapter as long as usual. I do apologize for that. I will fix any typos or spelling mistakes tomorrow when I'm off work. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! PD: I originally forgot to mention Lara and Mara in this chapter. That's my bad. I already edited the chapter to explain what happened to them. Sorry!

38