57. Rumors (Part 2)
1.1k 19 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elise and I were genuinely speechless hearing Selk talk about Leon…

 

"There's also evidence of other terrible acts he has done, but nothing that could be used to incriminate him. Well, even if there was something like that, it would be useless as we have said before." Selk said with annoyance.

 

 

My blood was boiling thanks to the thought of that asshole torturing and killing people from my race as well as other races...

 

"Now it is time to talk about the last time we saw Rachel." Lana said while looking at us.

 

"Rachel… I have a bad feeling about this…" Elise muttered.

 

"We are one hundred percent sure that she's fine. We saw her leave and she was completely healthy." Runa said with confidence.

 

"I'm glad…" Elise let out a sigh of relief.

 

"The last time we saw her was the day she was leaving town. That was 6 days ago." Alma spoke with a serious expression.

 

"Ugh… I hated seeing her leave…" Normki said with a teary expression.

 

"Yeah… I agree…" Runa nodded.

 

"Rachel didn't speak much with us. We congratulated her, but she treated us very coldly… Her attitude was really strange." Laura said while remembering that day.

 

"She also seemed in a hurry…" Lana nodded.

 

"Our last talk had a very anticlimactic ending. She acted cold, she didn't speak that much to us and she was in a hurry to leave… Does that seem like Rachel to you?" Selk asked Elise.

 

Elise shook her head.

 

"No… It doesn't seem like her…" Elise said to Selk.

 

"We have our theories, but we think it is related to the group of hooded men. It is possible that Rachel was forced to quit or to take that promotion." Laura said while rubbing her chin.

 

"Let's not talk about theories. I'll tell you exactly why we decided to stop being adventurers, Elise." Selk looked at the two of us with an expression filled with pain and rage.

 

Elise nodded. She was waiting to hear the reason.

 

We could already imagine why, but Elise needed to hear it.

 

"As soon as Leon became the Guild Master, things changed. He officially announced that we were no longer allowed to take common quests, he would call us at odd hours into his office only to talk about the most mundane things while trying to get into our pants…" Selk explained.

 

"Don't forget taking our money from the compulsory quests and flaunting it over our heads as a form of control, as if it was some sort of carrot that would make us become obedient to him." Runa added with a pissed off expression.

 

"Yeah… There was also that…" Lana nodded.

 

"It is a good thing that we still had those treasures that we found on our last major quest..." Normki said with relief.

 

Most members of Alpine Tempest nodded in agreement.

 

"Aye. But it is not the time to talk about that… Elise… We barely managed to endure the torture of having him as a Guild Master for three days. We decided to follow the advice of the one who sold me the information and stopped being adventurers." Selk spoke with an expression filled with sadness.

 

Elise opened her mouth, but words didn't come out of it…

 

The other members of Alpine Tempest and Laura were also struggling to think about what to say next.

 

 

 

 

Isn't it obvious what we need to do?

 

The guy is a torturer, a racist, a child-killer, a rapist and a heretic.

 

For the sake of all of the ones of my kind… No… For the sake of all the demihumans he toyed with and murdered, I, as a Hero, must take matters into my own hands and eliminate him.

 

"Alright. Please prepare yourselves for combat. We have to beat up some people… And an asshole to kill..." I said with confidence.

 

All of the people in the room, including my own wife, were looking at me with confusion.

 

(Electra, can you tell everyone about the situation? Also, are all of you safe?) I prayed in my mind.

 

(We're fine! We are all back at the inn! I will tell everyone right away!) Electra said happily.

 

Electra sounded more happy than usual… Was it because I asked about their safety? Or because I asked for her help again? I guess it doesn't really matter right now…

 

"Oi… Are you serious?" Laura looked dumbfounded.

 

"This is a bit unexpected…" Alma nodded.

 

"I mean… We were planning to eventually attack the asshole and his group, but we were going to wait for a bit…" Runa nodded to herself.

 

I smiled at them.

 

"That's no longer possible because Elise beat the shit out of him!" I declared.

 

"R-Ru!?" Elise seemed a bit embarrassed.

 

The other people in this room were gasping in shock thanks to what I had said.

 

"Oh! So Elise actually beat the guy!? I love you so fucking much! I wish I could have done that myself!" Normki hugged Elise.

 

"Ah… Yeah! I was just so angry at what he was saying about my husband and my new family and I just lost it!" Elise shouted with embarrassment.

 

"Well, we might be fucked now… I should tell my kids to leave this place ASAP." Lana said with a concerned expression.

 

"It would be for the best…" Laura insisted.

 

"Why do you say that? We just need to hit them hard today before they come for us!" I said with a mischievous grin.

 

Well, even if they try to attack us, we can just escape to the Castle.

 

"Elise… I think I like your husband~!" Runa looked at me and smiled warmly.

 

I can't tell if she's joking or not…

 

But just in case we should evacuate people that are related to us, in order to keep them safe. Norvek or the Castle should do.

 

"I promise you with my honour as a hero on the line, that the asshole will regret ever being born after we are done with him." I smiled sadistically.

 

"Ru... Let's do it! I will kick and punch the shit out of him!" Elise nodded with excitement.

 

I need to come up with a plan though…

 

Well, that doesn't worry me too much… What matters is that the asshole will have his face ripped apart today!

 

Heya! Here's the part of the chapter that you were missing! I'm really sorry about this! I know that splitting the chapter kinda killed the feeling of the chapter as a whole... Anyway, I think I did well on my first day at my new job... I'm so tired though... The job is very physically demanding for the body of this author lul! Anyway, I will try that this kind of thing doesn't happens in the future. I hope you enjoyed this part of the chapter!

36