59. Assault
1.2k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“There’s one guy eating two corners ahead of us and another two patrolling a few meters away from that guy.” I said with my eyes closed while concentrating on three different senses.

 

With the help of my sense of hearing, sense of smell, and Mana Perception, I was able to locate our targets.

 

“Your sense of smell is way better than ours… As expected of a goblin.” Lana spoke with amazement. 

 

Lana is wearing a black tank top with shorts and fishnet stockings. On top of the tank top, she’s wearing leather armour. She’s carrying a long spear in her right hand and a dagger attached to her waist. There’s a hole on the back of her shorts for her cat tail.

 

“Yeah, it would have been much more difficult for the two of us to handle reconnaissance.” Selk said with an awkward tone.

 

Selk is wearing a long black robe that covers her entire body with the exception of her fluffy fox tail. She’s carrying a metallic staff with a ruby at the end of it.

 

“Even with Mana Perception alone, it would have been way too difficult...” Laura said while touching my shoulders.

 

Laura is wearing her usual light-armour and she’s also carrying her wooden staff.

 

I couldn’t feel, smell or hear any more enemies so I opened my eyes. My vision was blocked by a pair of massive breasts…

 

“Ru, did you find more of the hooded assholes? I want to kick their asses!” Normki said with a very enthusiastic tone while pushing her attributes against me.

 

Normki is wearing a set of metallic light-armour that covers most of her body. A pair of longswords are hanging on her waist.  I could hear how her tail was hitting the ground with excitement.

 

“Normki, please keep your voice down. We still need to keep the advantage of the element of surprise.” Alma scolded the lizardkin in front of me.

 

Alma is wearing the same white clothing from before. Her long and beautiful pink hair was arranged in a ponytail. She has a few daggers attached to her waist, but she didn’t seem too worried about using them.

 

Normki took a step backwards and I regained my vision. She was smiling bitterly and scratching the back of her head.

 

Runa is practicing her punches and kicks nearby.

 

“I want to kick the shit out of that asshole! He will regret ever calling me toddler size!” Runa said with a sinister smile while practicing her moves.

 

Runa is wearing full plate armour. The only exposed part of her body was her face. She was not carrying any weapons. She’s moving with that armor as if it didn’t weigh anything. She doesn’t even look tired even though she has been training for a while.

 

“Hehe… It doesn’t feel like our party was disbanded at all… It feels more complete for some reason.” Elise giggled and smiled awkwardly while looking at me.

 

Elise was wearing leather armour over her usual clothes and some gauntlets on her arms.

 

The other members of Alpine Tempest started laughing as soon as they heard that. Laura was also giggling.

 

“Hahaha! Of course it feels more complete! Our little daydreamer got herself her knight in shining armour!” Selk said while giggling.

 

“Jeez! Are you seriously gonna talk about that right now!” Elise looked a bit annoyed.

 

I smiled at the sight of them laughing. It warmed my heart and calmed my anxiety about this plan.

 

I guess I should explain what we are planning to do…

 

Our entire group, including the Goddesses, Suika and Nozomi formed four groups for a few specific purposes.

 

As you might have noticed, Laura, Elise, Runa, Normki, Selk, Lana, Alma, Junko and I are in the same group.

 

Junko is currently in the bathroom because she was a bit nervous about all of this. We are waiting for her.

 

Our mission is to attack the base of the hooded individuals, or Leon’s thugs if you want to call them that. We can capture them or kill them, it doesn’t matter which because they will eventually be executed if our plan is successful.

 

That reminds me that we still have the bandits captured in the castle… We need to get rid of them soon.

 

We are in the red-lights district. We are currently hiding in an alleyway nearby the base of Leon’s thugs. 

 

It is a bit before midnight. There’s a lot of people, both men and women going into brothels and bars to have a good time. All of them are oblivious to what’s going to happen tonight.

 

The other groups are: 

 

  1. A few of my sisters, Mara and Tomoko. 
  2. The Goddesses, Silvia, Lara, Nozomi and Sae.
  3. The rest of my sisters, Suika and Rob.

 

Rob actually joined us when Laura called him. He didn’t even ask for an explanation, he said that he would help whatever we were planning because Leon was apparently hitting on his wife. He seemed really pleased that he was going to have an opportunity to get back at him.

 

The first group is in charge of defending the Crescent Moon Inn & Tavern (Rose’s inn) from the invitable attack of Leon’s assassins.

 

The second group was in charge of the evacuation of a lot of people to our castle. Rose, Rob’s family, the guests of the inn and Lana’s adult children and their families.

 

Yes, you heard that correctly… Lana, the catkin who’s stretching in front of me, has four adult children. The four of them are apparently quadruplets. Two are male and two are female. Lana had them with her late husband who died about ten years ago. The men are already married and are working together on a small company they founded together. The women are working in the same company as clerks.

 

Ah… Rob also has a stupid amount of children, by the way. He said something about nine children with a few more on the way… Wolfkin are impressive…

 

Anyway, the last group is in charge of the most important part of the plan which we were not informed about… Suika was laughing like crazy for some reason. She said that we don’t need to worry, her plan will be successful.

 

I simply wished her good luck with what she was planning… It didn’t sound like it was something good…

 

“I’m back!” Junko returned while wagging her tail.

 

She was wearing leather armour over her usual nun attire. She’s going to act as the second healer of our group.

 

“Are you feeling better?” I stood up and started dusting my shorts. I then looked

 

Junko nodded and walked towards me… She pushed her head against me. Her ears were twitching very adorably.

 

Jeez…

 

I immediately started patting her head just as she wanted.

 

“This really helps a lot!” Junko said with glee. She was wagging her tail furiously.

 

The other beastkin around us looked jealous as well… Selk was biting her lip, Normki was looking very intently at me while smiling and Lana averted her gaze every time I looked at her.

 

This is the fault of the title I got because of Selk and Lana… A few beastkin women also started getting awfully close to me when we were coming to this place…

 

That was rough…

 

“I never imagined that your knight in shining armour would be such a playboy though.” Alma smiled bitterly.

 

“Or that he would have such an absurdly large harem as well… As expected of a goblin! He must have a lot of stamina to keep up!” Runa said with a grin.

 

“Can we focus!? I don’t wanna talk about this!” Elise turned around and prepared herself for what was to come.


-----Thug’s POV-----

 

“Man, this town’s brothels suck… Most of the prostitutes are beastkin… I want some human tits!” My companion shouted. He looked very frustrated.

 

“Well, if you don’t mind some fur or some scales, it is not that bad though.” I said with a bitter smile.

 

The two of us were patrolling the streets around our base. Most people immediately got out of their way when they saw us.

 

“Man, what the fuck is wrong with you? Where’s your pride as a human?” My companion asked with annoyance.

 

“Pffft! As if that serves for anything. I only believe in money. Money buys you women, nice wines and warm meals. Pride will buy you nothing.” I said with a grin.

 

The big boss thinks that humans are supposed to be the supreme race or something like that. As if the Gods created us to rule over the rest or some shit. I don’t really share that view. As I said before, I only believe in the wonderful thing that is money.

 

“You're a weird man… Sigh… Forget about it… Fuck! Why do we have to come to this shitty town! I wanted to stay on the operations of the capital!” My comrade shouted with anger.

 

“Well… I also share the sentiment… Hahaha…” I laughed bitterly.

 

The reason why we are in this backwater town is because of two reasons. 

 

Our first reason to be here is because we need to “protect” the son of the big boss. Well… I say “protect” but it is more like babysitting. Our job is to take care of any broken “toys” or messes our young master might leave around town.

 

Our second reason is to help the Count of Alorari with a particular project of his. He supposedly wants us to harass some recently established town south from here. There’s another group from our organization, but the big boss wanted to help them because the Count is a friend of his.

 

How do I know this? I have some friends who are higher in the organization. They promised to get me a promotion and I got this job as babysitter…

 

It was obviously not what I wanted, but I get paid for it and it is not too difficult.

 

The two of us kept walking until we reached the doors of our base. We were greeted by an empty door, when there was supposed to be a guard there.

 

“Fucking Sam, I swear… That fat bastard just thinks about eating… It is a good fucking thing there’s no one to oppose us in this town!” My companion was extremely annoyed.

 

“Well, there are some but they will be dead soon enough. They were idiotic enough to beat the shit out of the young master.” I said before yawning.

 

So boring…

 

Ah, yeah… There was a girl stupid enough to beat the young master to a pulp. His whole face ended up painted in several shades of purple. He also lost a few teeth and has some nasty cuts thanks to his broken glasses.

 

He sent up most of our group to assassinate her, her family, her friends, and everyone close to her. 

 

This is actually normal. The young master gets pissy and throws a temper tantrum when he doesn’t get his way. He is the literal embodiment of a spoiled noble child.

 

The assassins? Ah yeah, most of our group was sent to take care of the mission the young master gave to us. So about a dozen assassins? That girl must be pretty much dead now.

 

So that means that only four of us are on the base; my companion besides me, Sam (the fat fucker), the one in charge of this town's operations and me.

 

“Man, I wish I could see the face of the young master! I heard that he lost an eye!” My companion said with amusement. He was opening the door of our base.

 

“Not really. He was close to losing it though. May the gods bless healing magic.” I said with a slightly amused expression.

 

“Didn’t you say that you only believe in money?” My companion asked with a grin.

 

Ah… He got me…

 

“Fuck you. Let’s just go inside, I wanna go to sleep now.” I said with annoyance.

 

My companion turned around to face me, as soon as he opened his mouth a grey blur hit him square in the stomach… My companion was thrown into the insides of our base.

 

“Oi… What was that…? Are you alive?” I asked while grabbing the hilt of my sword.

 

I started approaching the door slowly while unsheathing my sword… Before I could go inside and see what had hit my comrade, my eyes were hit by a blinding light.

 

Everything turned dark for me…

 

“My eyes! My eyes!” I shouted in pain.

 

I was panicking… I was under attack and I couldn’t see who did it…

 

“Haaaaa!” Someone who sounded like a young girl shouted with all her might.

 

Shortly after she shouted, I felt a foot hit my stomach. I was kicked...

 

“Guaaah!” I gasped thanks to the pain… I felt like I was about to puke blood.

 

“I’m not done yet! Haaa!” The young girl shouted as much as her lungs would allow her.

 

I then felt a sharp pain in my chest… I then started having trouble breathing…

 

“You’re finished!” The young girl shouted yet again.

 

The last thing I felt was something hitting my head with enough force to send me flying...


“Damn…” I said with amazement.

 

I had just witnessed how Elise, Runa and Junko had taken care of the two thugs who were at the entrance of the base of Leon's thugs.

 

I am speechless… This is the first time I see Elise actually fighting…

 

She was merciless and brutal…

 

With a kick, she managed to almost knock out the guy… With her open palm, she broke a few ribs (I heard some nasty cracks) and with a spin kick, she sent the guy flying a few meters away after hitting his head…

 

It was beautiful.

 

“Junko, you have such a nice aim! That was a nice Light Beam!” Alma praised Junko.

 

“Hehehe!” Junko was wagging her tail happily while looking at me.

 

“Good job!” I smiled at her while I was patting her head.

 

“I practiced a lot when I was a child! Playing with magic was one of my specialties!” She said happily.

 

Yeah, Junko helped Elise with some Light Magic, effectively blinding the guy before Elise attacked him.

 

“Phew! That was a nice throw! Good job team!” Selk said with a playful expression.

 

“Hehehe! Throwing Runa around is always fun!” Normki looked extremely amused.

 

“Sheesh… I can't believe this worked again…” Lana smiled bitterly.

 

"I have to agree, that was much more enjoyable than I thought it would be." Laura said with a charming smile.

The four of them had launched Runa, the dwarf in full plate armour towards the thug who was in front of the door. As you can imagine, the guy is not alright.

 

Alpine Tempest’s members called this maneuver: “Tossing the Dwarf.”

Laura and Selk used magic to make that attack possible.

 

Runa then stood up proudly on top of the guy she had just crashed against.

 

“Hahaha! Piece of cake! Those were some nice moves Elise! Keep it up!” Runa said with a triumphant expression.

 

“Thank you! But we are just getting started!” Elise looked inside the base of the thugs.

 

What did I do? I gave the guard who was eating a bottomless stomach. He will now be able to eat to his heart’s content!

 

I looked up in order to analyze the base of the bandits. The building looks fairly new, as if it had been finished just a few months ago. It is entirely made out of bricks. It is not decorated with flowers like most buildings in town.

 

The building looks completely normal and it doesn’t seem like the home of a group of thugs. I think it is four or five storied tall.

 

“I’m afraid there won’t be many more people to beat up.” I said with a bitter smile.

 

Yeah, I didn’t want to kill my wife’s enthusiasm, but I heard the entire conversation between the two guys we just beat up.

 

“Ehh? Is that so…?” Elise seemed dejected.

 

“But it seems Orella and Timothy were right to suspect the Count of Alorari… I think we might have found a lead to Wyvern.” I said to Elise with a serious expression.

 

I looked towards the building…

 

“This conspiracy might be deeper than we thought.” I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything we know about the organization.

 

“Wyvern… Those horrible heretics who defy the commandments of the gods… They shall be punished.” Junko said with a cold expression.

 

“I agree… For the sake of getting revenge for what they did to the poor Nozomi…” Elise nodded in agreement.

 

The other members of Alpine Tempest looked at us with a curious expression.

 

“Umm… Wanna fill us in on what you are talking about…?” Selk asked with a bitter expression.

 

“But a Wyvern huh… I know a few!” Normki said with excitement.

 

“Oi! What do you mean there’s no more people to beat! I took all that time putting my armor on! C’mon!” Runa seemed a bit pissed.

 

“Well, there’s apparently one more inside of the building. Can you look for him?” Lana asked Runa.

 

“On it!” Runa’s annoyed expression was replaced with one of excitement. She ran like the wind into the building.

 

“Take care of yourself!” Alma shouted with a caring expression.

 

By that point, Runa was nowhere to be seen.

 

“Okay, then can you explain the whole conspiracy thingy that you were talking about, Ru?” Selk said with a teasing expression while leaning on me. Her fluffy tail was wrapped around my neck.

 

“Where should I begin?” I rubbed my chin.

 

I’m not as good as Silvia explaining things, but I think I give a proper summary…

 

“Okay it all begins when…-” 

 

Before I could even start telling the story, the wall of the second floor exploded… A small dwarf with full plate armour was launched to the air. Dozens of bricks were sent flying with her...

 

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!” Runa shouted while she was in the air. She crashed against the hard cobblestone soon after that…

 

Everyone in our group was speechless… All of us looked upwards and saw a man with a blank expression looking at us from the second floor.

 

“Give me a break… I was having a nice nap after having to listen to that idiot for hours… Could you guys inconvenience me even more?” The man said with sarcasm.

 

The man was two meters tall. He had long black unkempt hair that was arranged in a ponytail. His eyes are brown coloured. He had a curved sword hanging on his waist. He’s wearing some loosely fitting clothing with floral patterns.

 

“Well… I’ll take care of you, so I can go back to sleep. Don’t bother with praying, you won’t have the time to do so.” The man said as he was unsheathing his sword.

 

My instincts were screaming… My entire body was on alert thanks to that man...

 

Heya! How are you all doing? I'm still getting used to my new schedule, but I think I have found some good moments to write. Please join the discord! https://discord.gg/uH6APbzrFR I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

36