Sorry…
4.5k 37 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey... It has been a while... Two weeks to be precise. I have been doing some thinking during my hiatus, so I will go straight to the point.

I simply cannot continue writing this novel. My reasons are very simple:

  1. I'm not feeling the connection I originally had with this novel when I published it. It simply doesn't feel the same.
  2. My real life schedule changes a lot, meaning that I have been unable to write at the same pace I used to do. Even finding time to write has become extremely tricky.
  3. I feel like I made way too many mistakes in the entire novel. I didn't stick to what I had planned originally and ended up taking a very different route. I feel like a rewrite of the novel might be necessary, but it will not happen soon.
  4. I got burned out. I made the very foolish mistake of biting more than I could chew, thinking that I would be able to write 3 novels at the same time (unpublished one, this one and the AGSA one). Not to mention that working also helped me getting burned out quicker...
  5. I was starting to see a pattern where I would use the same words and phrases over and over again. It was getting worse as I was writing the last few chapters.

For those five and other unimportant reasons that still affect me, I'm not going to continue this novel. It's very sad, I know. I tried to push myself to continue, but I can't do it anymore.

Now, I won't say that this novel was a mistake. Au contraire, my dear readers. This novel was a very good thing. I started this as a side project in order to not get burned out of my main novel (ironic, I know). This novel did wonders and helped me improved my writing skills more than I could have imagined when I started publishing it. I will be forever grateful to those who commented. Your comments really helped me improve and allowed me to become a better writer.

As for those who are wondering about the ending, I was planning on making an open ending for a possible sequel with Ru's descendants. Ru would actually get a city whose inhabitants are only his wives and children.

Everything between that and the ending was more or less unplanned. Wyvern and his organization were just a bunch of low and high ranking nobles and merchants acting on the interests of a darker figure. They were a cult worshipping a dark force who should have remained dormant (a fragment of an ancient evil God.)

Ru's little brother would have gotten his own harem. Ru's parents would eventually become civil (Zo would still be completely shocked that Ru his banging his mom lul).

The guild master would have a disappointing death and the hrony assassin girl would join the harem and help the group.

Those are all the details that I can think of right now.

I had fun with this novel, but for the sake of not despising it, I need to stop writing. I'm really sorry about this.

Now, I know this is very sad and some of you might be disappointed, but since I decided to rewrite my original novel, I decided to post it here. I won't make the same mistakes I did with this novel. I will take it slow and I will not put unnecessary pressure on me with a release schedule that I will not be able to follow.

I will understand if you don't want to read my this new novel because I dropped this one. It is totally understandable. I do, however, beg you to give it a chance. (PD: It will be slow and it will be long.)

I will post the prologue shortly after this.

Thank you and once again, I'm sorry.

PD: Forgot to include the link of the novel... Here it is:  https://www.scribblehub.com/series/334532/echoes-of-fire-and-shadows/

24