214. ”Is it clear?”
2.8k 3 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"…huh?" Malum exclaimed. "Why? Do you know how much of pain it is to teleport everyone on this planet without bringing that same planet along with them? Do it yourself."

 

Arima snickered and pointed at the sky. "You can listen to what he has to say before that."

 

Malum raised an eyebrow and bent his neck to look up. The World Serpent sighed in fatigue and it was felt until the surface of the planet.

 

"A few days ago, by the universal clock, the Pillars changed their plans," he started talking and the Guardians particularly reacted at the mention of the Pillars.

 

"Under the First Pillar's order and with her power, they managed to shift the position of around two thousand Planes. Right now, they're about to complete the conditions for the Stavrós Astéri," Jorga announced and every Guardian; from Shakti to Gilgamesh, trembled.

 

Night, Karma, Malum, and Layla were impassive in comparison. They were just thinking about one thing at the moment: ‘How long will this one take?’

 

"Right now, Harion and Vlad are preparing to invade Melumnia with their armies. That was their plan even before Arima started doing some stupid shit," Jorga didn't hesitate to badmouth Arima and merely got a shrug in response.

 

He sighed again. "Anyway, get out of here. This place will soon be invaded and devastated. You all know what happens to the losers of a war, right? Don't let that happen to the people living here. It won't be limited to this planet only. This entire Plane will also be put under the Pillars' domination and they'll use it as a strategic location to get the rest of the Reality," he uttered and stared at Arima.

 

"He already knew that though. That's why he's telling you to leave with his gate."

 

"Eh?" Karma made an incredulous expression and looked at Arima. "When?"

 

"It's been a while already. The moment I laid out the First Black Art, I was able to hear every conversation happening on this planet. I also caught irregular magic reactions and people who seemed to be Harion's spies. I tracked them with a familiar while they were using their transfer portal, then found out what they were planning," Arima explained and Shakti glowered.

 

"Don't tell me you were doing that while fighting us…"

 

"Nah, of course not. I figured it out while Ambrogio was introducing you all to me," Arima smiled and Shakti pursed her lips.

 

‘I’m not sure that’s better…’

 

"Didn't you get that information from Yeion?" Raylein had calmed himself down and managed to ask.

 

"No, his professionalism was quite high. His soul had a failsafe that erased his most crucial memories."

 

Flavio mused. "Then what do we do? If what you're saying is true, then it's a fact that we won't be able to fend them off. Even with you, we can't hope to save everyone, particularly when you killed three of our assets. Are you proposing to simply escape Melumnia before they arrive?"

 

"Indeed, that's all we can do," Arima nodded and a powerful aura suddenly made the air vibrate. Everyone looked behind him in shock; at Layla who had just absorbed Shiva's life force. Arima smirked without turning back.

 

"Now, let me be clear. I killed your leader… that's unfortunate. But I don't plan on apologizing or taking his place as the First Guardian. I said I would get rid of the Plane Guardians eventually. I wasn’t kidding.”

 

"My final goal is to kill the Original God as well as the Original Devil," he declared with unshakable resolve and no one could even reply to him. They were both overwhelmed by his confidence and stunned by his insanely grand goal.

 

"Since I have Ambrogio's memories, it'll make things easier for me. At least, I know how to communicate with the Creators now," he added. "But until then, protecting this Plane is our main priority. So, Malum will bring everyone on Melumnia to somewhere safe while I expect you to follow my instructions."

 

"Is it clear?" Arima's blank pupils slowly contracted and glowed.

 

Shakti, who was now the Guardian with the higher rank, lowered her head. "I have no problem with that," she accepted without any resistance. The rest followed soon after.

 

"I don't care anymore…" Raylein muttered and ultimately agreed with Arima's words.

 

"I will comply of course," Ganesha grinned and Arima scowled at him.

 

"I know that you voted 'no' intentionally. I'll warn you; don't you dare plan behind my back. At the first doubt, I'll eliminate you to unravel it," Arima coldly said and even Ganesha couldn't help to step back with an awkward smile.

 

"What about you?" Arima faintly directed his ears toward Aergia. She was the one who he wanted the most to accept. Ambrogio said she had a power rivaling his. But Arima knew that it was completely wrong. It was at least two times stronger.

 

‘But she's indeed bored and indolent. A person's nature is as it is, it can't be changed. Attitude does not equal nature. In that case, her casual strength is truly equal to Ambrogio but her full power should be something even more terrifying. Moreover…’

 

She silently gazed at Arima and waved her hand lazily. "Don't worry, I’ll follow you. I think you're a better option anyway. We have more chances to win with you on our side."

 

Arima smiled then focused on the two remaining people.

 

"I… have no reason to deny you as our leader. Even if it's in name only," Evangeline bashfully replied.

 

And then we had Gilgamesh who just nodded his head without saying anything. No one knew what was going through his head.

 

Arima clapped. "Good, now let's review this. For now, Malum will teleport everyone out of this planet. After that, Shakti, you’ll go with him to stop the Stavros Astéri. He should be more than enough to replace Shiva."

 

Malum grunted with an expression screaming ‘Of course!’ and Shakti nodded her head after glancing at him.

 

"Wait, why don't you let me teleport everyone? Did you forget my specialization?" Raylein spoke up.

 

"No, I didn't forget. But I want you to go with Evangeline, Ganesha, and Gilgamesh to gather forces. You'll be the one teleporting them," Arima answered and Raylein's eyes widened.

 

Ganesha shrugged and Gilgamesh didn't have any reason to refuse. Evangeline was a bit flustered though. "Um... if you want me to use my ability as a succubus to gather an army, I'm not sure I can do it."

 

"I know. Based on Ambrogio's memories, you are a gentle person and you don't like to use your ability to manipulate others' emotions. I'm not forcing you to do it. Just tag along with them for now, you can decide to use it or not by yourself," Arima told and she sighed in relief.

 

"As for Flavio and Aergia, I want you to team up with Layla. It's not a dangerous task, just a bit long and delicate."

 

Aergia's mouth twitched.

 

"I need you to collect stars. As much as you can."

 

Flavio was puzzled. "What is it for?"

 

Arima smiled. "Backup. Just do it. I don't forbid you from going into other Planes to get some. The bigger the better. Just gather as many burning stars as you can. You will also need to nullify their magnetic and gravitational field before putting them into stasis."

 

Aergia raised her hand with a stony expression. "I changed my mind. I don't want to join you."

 

Arima chuckled. "I refuse."

 

"…how the heck is that even allowed?" The goddess of sloth clicked her tongue and mumbled to herself.

 

"All right, you can set off now," Arima said and everyone immediately moved out. Raylein grunted and confirmed with his team before teleporting with them.

 

Aergia stood up angrily and joined Flavio to wait for Layla who was talking with Arima.

 

"Do I really have to go with them?" She asked.

 

"Yes. It’ll be more efficient this way," Arima responded.

 

Layla quietly stared at him. "What are you planning to do? You didn't tell us that."

 

He glanced at Layla and smiled. "I'll stay here to use the First Black Art's initial variety."

 

"What?!" Night almost tripped. "Why the hell did you restore this planet if you are going to use that?!"

 

"Because I needed the pulverized bodies to be more or less assembled to resurrect them," Arima retorted and Night groaned before rubbing his face. "Well, in any case, I want to talk with those Pillars at little bit. So, I’ll stay and wait."

 

Layla glared at Arima and turned around. "Fine, I'll go. But don't you dare be dead when I come back," she uttered and teleported away with Flavio and Aergia.

 

Arima smiled wryly and looked at Malum next. "Do it," he said and the formation of the Second White Art activated. A giant silver gear appeared in the sky and started spinning and glowing. As it was turning, new gears formed to mesh with the original one. It continued for a while before the whole sky was filled with gears meshing with each other.

 

Malum sighed and snapped his fingers. Billions of silver drops fell from the imaginary machinery and transported everyone on the planet away when it touched them.

 

"Done," Malum stated and turned toward Shakti. "Let's go," he said and transferred away with her.

 

When there was no one else on Melumnia except Karma and Night, Arima looked up.

 

"Do you have something to tell me?"

 

Jorga's body coiled inside the blue mist and his big eyes gleamed. "I do," his tone was grave. "I found out about every Pillar. I just sent it to you through telepathy."

 

Arima received the information and frowned. "What about the First Pillar?"

 

"That's what I want to discuss. I figured that it would be better for me to inform you face to face," Jorga disclosed and Arima felt something was amiss with his attitude. "The name of the First Pillar of Elysium is Ahura… Ahura Mazda."

 

Arima's eyes narrowed dangerously and his entire body shook.

 

"What…?" It was as if that name was echoing inside his soul.

 

"That woman is said to be the strongest person in this Plane. She was born under the belief that she would become the personification of Ahura Mazda. When she was born, a prophet predicted that her entire life would be dedicated to hunting someone."

 

"There are some differences," Jorga's voice became lower. "But don't you think this has some similarities with a certain someone?"

 

Arima fell silent and his two partners were astounded.

 

"When I became Jörmungandr, I learned everything. Your true name is Angra Mainyu; you are a reincarnation, Arima. It's the same for the First Pillar. She is the reincarnation of a divine and fearsome spirit. The creator of earthly matter, the heavens, and humankind, as well as the source of all goodness and happiness…"

 

"She is your sister and superior, as well as your long-lasting nemesis," Jorga's body came out of the blue mist. His head approached Arima.

 

"Ahura Mazda’s sole purpose is to kill you.”

65