Chapter 1 : Minions
1k 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was just sleeping in my bedroom just now but now I am standing on a meadow. Is this a dream?

I slap my face. Damn, it hurts. I slap again and scratch my neck. It hurts. So, this is a reality. 

I am wearing a plain shirt and pant. I was just in my underwear on my bed, but I am in this weird attire. There is no underwear beneath this pant. The slippers under my foots are made of straw, something which is rare. The shirt and long pant are in blue colour, plain with no image. They are roughly made. 

"Hehehe."

"Oi. Young man. Give us all the stuffs you got if you want to keep your life."

Suddenly, 2 mean looking men showed up with sickles on their hand. Are that weapons? They look sharp and dangerous. 

"Why are you spacing out? Give us your stuff."

The men look like medieval world bandits which I often saw on movies. I spontaneously retreat. 

"Hei, do you hear what we said?"

I run.

"Hey. Do you want to die that badly?"

I just run and run without looking back. I feel like my stamina is abnormally high. I can dash this fast for several minutes without losing breathe. 

"Heeei!" It seems the bandits are chasing after me. 

I just continue running on the endless meadow. I don't where I am and why I am here, but my instinct tells me if I stop, I will be killed. 

In normal situation, I who only spend most of my time on office desk for several years, is not capable to be this athletic, but somehow my body feels very light.

Suddenly, words appear in my sight, stating, "Stamina increases by 2 points."

What is this? Is this a RPG game? Why is it so realistic? 

I continue running for about fifteen minutes.

"Stamina increases by 2 points."

I run again.

"Stamina increases by 2 points."

Then, my legs get the better of me. I fall on my knees. Furthermore, my lung bursting dash has depleted my oxygen. I turn to behind. The 2 dangerous guys are nowhere to be seen. There are a lot of trees on my left, so I struggle to walk into that woods. 

My whole body is killing me but I must keep going. 

After going deeper into the woods, I sit on a big root, my back leaning against the bark to catch my breath. There is no voice, it seems I left them quite far away. 

Sweats drop from my face. I scratch my balding head.

Eh, what is this? I continue scratch in disbelief. My hair is full like when I was in my youth, moreover, I have long hair. The hair reaches my nape. I remove a strand of hair. My hair is still black colour. I touch my whole body. My body fat doesn't exist. My body is very lean. 

"What is this? Can anyone tell me where am I?"

Suddenly the weird words appear in my sight again.

"You have been transferred into another world. You can no longer return to your original world. Accept your reality."

I am dumbfounded. I hit the back of my head into the bark several times. Damn, it hurts.

"Who are you?" I barked.

"…....' No reply.

"How am I going to survive? I cannot even fight to defend myself."

The weird words appear again.

"As you perform some actions, you can level up your attributes."

I inhale and ask, "Can I defeat the two men?"

"No. You are currently very weak. Even one of the man can kill you in a single attack."

My heart is about to explode but the another explanation appears.

"You can summon minions. Please surf the control panel with your mind."

Suddenly, translucent words and control panel like in a RPG game appear. Instinctively I explore them. As an experienced gamer, this is like my second nature.

I can check my status, damn, my attributes look so low. The only attribute that look high enough is Stamina, which is at 15. Other attributes are not worth mentioning. 

My only solution is to summon minions.

"Race if minions. Once selected, you cannot select another race at your current level."

It seems I need to select the race of my minions, and once chosen, I cannot change mind mind.

There 5 options. 

Goblin - At your current level, you can summon up to 20 goblins.

Slime - At your current level, you can summon up to 50 slimes.

Wolf - At your current level, you can summon up to 10 wolves.

Skeleton - At your current level, you can summon up to 15 skeletons.

Human - At your current level, you can summon up to 3 humans.

I prefer human but I only can summon 3 humans. Can they really defeat the two bandits? 

Ahh, I have no time to think. I select Human.

Then, more options appear. I can customize them to certain extent but their attributes and looks will be randomly created. Damn.

I decide the first minion to be male.

There are further options afterwards, I have no time scroll down the options, but the top ones are brute....quick feet... Sneaky.... honourable.... Ranger...ahhh, I have no time.

I choose 'brute'. Out of thin air, a large ugly looking man of 2 meters height appears. He has simple cloth, long pant and boot but no weapon. 

"Do you have a weapon?" I question him nervously.

"No weapon, master."

Damn, this is bad news.

I summon another male minion. This one, a 'sneaky' one.

A man slightly shorter than me appears. His face shows a suspicious grin. 

I ask him the same question, no weapon. 

For the final minion, I choose a female, a honourable one.

A long black haired girl appears, a snow-white skinned, black-pony tailed beauty. She wears a plain brown cloak, with white cloth underneath it and black long pant. 

I ask her the same question and she has no weapon. 

Anyway, the dice has been casted. We have to be prepared.

"Listen, I am being chased by two bad guys. They use sickles as weapon. They want to kill me."

The trio look furious. They are mumbling about killing the enemies.

"So, do you guys know how to fight? To kill enemies?" 

They nod simultaneously.

"No problem, master. We are here to serve you with our body and heart. That includes killing your enemies."

After a while, the enemies arrive. We move to the trees closest to the meadow. 

The bandits look angry and swing their sickles, cutting the grasses. Their movements look sloppy. My instinct tells me they are very weak. I gradually gain confidence.

I give my cue to the 2 men to ambush them as planned.

The two men jump from the bandit's rear which catch them off guard. They try to hold them but the smaller minion is thrown away while the big minion pushes a man down and strangles him. The other bandit slashes the big minion many times but he ignores the wounds and throttling the fallen bandit. 

Finally, the throttled bandit stops moving and another one cut the big minion's neck. The big guy turn to the remaining bandit and grab him. 

While the bandit struggle against the big man, the sneaky minion hit the bandit's head with a rock. He hit several times until the foe collapses. 

The big minion also collapses. He is dead.

The status on the control panel shows my sneaky minion rises to Level 5 from Level 1, while the girl is still Level 1.

I now have 1 vacant quota for minion, so I try summoning a new minion.

"Rejected. Once a minion is killed, you cannot fill its vacancy for 2 weeks."

Oh, my god. I have to survive using 2 weak minions for 2 weeks.

17