Chapter 4:.Dawn Village
523 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We reached an old house at night. According to the man, it was built by the villagers a decade ago for the villagers who venture in far into woods. Having said that, the hut is actually located just outside the forest facing the meadow. There is a door but no window. The ground is coveted by straw mat. It could fit up to 10 sleeping men. We slept there that night. 

On our way to their village on the next day, we encountered 3 wolves and killed them. Now, my male minion is at Level 10 and the troublesome girl is at Level 8.

The man introduced himself as Jack. He works as a farmer. His two sons are Jim and Dean. His wife is Joan. They stay in a small village with another 8 families. They cultivate wheat grasses for cereal grain, which is a staple food in this continent.

Their village also rear cows for meal. Cereal grain and meat are the major commodities of the village, traded with other villages and town. 

The nearest town is Grey town, which functions as trading hub between villages. There are 8 towns in this area. 3 of the villages are Baron Kyle's demesne. Grey town and another 5 villages are Viscount Callum's demesne. Baron Kyle serves under Viscount Callum. Their families have been ruling this land about 100 years.

Late in the evening, we reach an area which the trees are sparse.

"The forest ends. We are very near to our village." Jack said while pointing to the front.

We walk until we see an old man and a cart. He is resting on the ground while leaning on the cart.

"Rain." Jack called the old man.

The old man called Rain stand up. The kids run to him jovially.

"Jack. What happened to your body?" 

"We were attacked by wolves."

"Idiot! Why did you go too far. Even bringing the brats!" The old man barked at him. Jack doesn't reply. He just turns to us. 

"Who are these foreigners?" The old man looks at us with furrowed eyebrows.

"Gramps, they saved us!" Jim says while grabbing Rain's sleeve.

"Yes. They are strong. They killed 9 wolves." Dean says while leaping.

Rain looks at us from head to toe before turning to Jack. 

"They risk their lives for us. I want to let them stay with me tonight. There is an empty house beside us after all." 

Upon listening to Jack, the old man with hair and beard, looks at us and says,

"Thank you for saving my neighbour. I am Rain." 

We shake hand.

"I am Hez."

I point to my minions.

"He is, ...emm, Chucky. She is, emmm.... Kureha." I make up their name on the spot.

I gave them cue to just play along. They nod.

"Hi, old man. The name is Chucky." He shakes hand with Rain.

"Mmmm... I am Kureha. Nice to meet you." She slightly bow her head.

"They are travellers from other part of the world. They got lost in the forest." Jack explains.

"Anyway. Let's talk while going to the village." He calmly walks to the cart that is parked on the middle of the path.

The goods has already been loaded before, so all he needs to do is to grab the handle and start walking. 

The wheels creaks as the food and wine on the cart knocked against each other. 

"Gramps, were you buying in Grey town?" Jim asks.

"Yes. It's hard with this old bone." Rain says while his left hand is pressing his back. He then continues pulling. 

I look at Kureha. Her face tells that she is feeling bad letting the old man struggles alone. Not again. Chucky shakes his head while sighing.

Kureha run to the cart.

"Mr Rain. You just rest. Let me pull the card for you." She forces the old man to release the handle.

"Girl, what the..." Being pushed away from his cart, he looks confused.

"Don't butt in, girl." He tries to resist.

"You... Must be tired!" Unable to resist the adamant beauty, he sighs and walk away.

Kureha happily pulls the cart.

With large steps, he heads for the village on a path that had trees on each side.. Behind him is the stubborn girl pulling the cart as she tries to catch up.

Every time the cart shakes on the sandy road, the Kureha’s plump breasts shook along with it. 

She doesn’t look tired doing it, but her forehead is covered in sweat as she pants.

The rest of are walking slowly, as we don't want to butt in.

Suddenly, Rain's steps gradually becomes slower. But they are only became slower, never ever stopping to wait.

Kureha grows anxious as she quickens her steps to walk by his side.

"Want me to help?"

"No need, I can do it." 

He sighs.

"Mister, are you all right?"

Said Kureha as she pulls the creaking wagon behind her, and walks with large steps to sneakily glance at the side of his face.

He ignores her and keeps striding.

The road gradually gets better, we can just make out the gate on the horizon as the sound of wood cutting drifts to our ears.

Here, as in most villages, wheat field is immediately inside the gate. The field is wide and protected from outside by wooden fences. There is man cutting wood, probably to repair a broken fence.

"Hang on, okay. I am just going to drop off the delivery at village chief's house." 

"Sure. Don't worry about me." Jack answers.

Jack brings us to a house with small vegetable garden. There is another house beside it.

A woman in plain clothing, comes out and waves lightly at Jack. The kids run and hug her.

She must be the mother.

As we get closer, she is shocked.

"What happened?" She touches Jack's hand.

She rushed into the house and comes out shortly with a bottle and bandage.

"We were attacked by wolves." The boys explain on his behalf.

Ignoring the boys, she tends to Jack's wounds.

It takes some time for her treatment to finish as Jack keeps quiet while we patiently wait outside the house. 

Then, the family comes out. The mother bows slightly at us. Kureha reacts by bowing even lower.

"I hear from them. I am very grateful. My name is Joan. Thank you for saving my husband."

Before we can say anything, she continues,

"Mr Hez. Mr Chucky. Ms Kureha. Let me prepare the empty house for you to sleep tonight. Please rest while I am tidying up the house next to us."

She rushed to empty house and sound of sweeping is heard from inside.

We enter his house after removing our footwear. 

The house has no sofa, table or chair. Thus, we sit on the floor while waiting for Joan.

12