Chapter 8 : Next Move
336 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Soon upon reaching the village, I face a dilemma. The small house beside Jack's could only accommodate up to 4 adult persons, but now we have 10 persons including me. 

Before the leveling-up adventure, I live in there with only Chucky, Kureha and Eto. There was a bedroom with only a twin bed inside, which I occupied all by myself. My first three minions slept on the straw mat on the small living room. Having said that, the house has a bedroom and a living room. The bathroom is inside the bedroom. 


As our team has 10 members now, I am forced to decide drastically. The only girl, Kureha is forced to sleep on the same bed as me. The small minions, Chucky, Sterling and Pirlo  sleep in the living room while the remaining members, the 5 large men, camp outside on the ground covered only by straw mat.


On the next day, we started cutting trees and building a wooden house that 20 men can fit themselves in. Luckily, the village has a skillful carpenter, so we only have to provide manual labour. The minions are ideal physical workers. Our house is built just near the village's entrance, which is 30 metres from Jack's compound. After a week of full day work, the house is completed.


Nevertheless, I still live in the small house with Kureha, under the pretense that she is my woman. The villagers thought that way at least as I am the leader and Kureha, a beauty, is the only female member within my group. Moreover, there is no way I can stand to let a single girl sleeps amongst men.


A small amount of money will stabilize our living expenses in the future. I have to take care of at least 10 persons after all. Whatever I do in the future, I have to find stability first.


At the moment, the small village is our source of food. In exchange for food received, my minions do various odd jobs for them. Nevertheless, as our number grows to 10, the jobs to be done for such small village are not enough. I decide to look at the town and other villages.


Thus, we head the towards Grey town, a demesne of Viscount Callum with nearly 1,000 inhabitants. In such town, there should be a place where we can find work, especially when it is just within half a dark of walking distance from our village. However, that if we use the route that goes through a forest. Hundred of years t, several noble families constructed a straight path through that forest but it was rarely used without decently armed people. As villagers are usually unarmed, they are taught not to use that short cut, and used longer route on the meadow. The reason is there are dangers lurking within the woods, to be precise beasts. In other words, that route could be as risky as the forest that we fought the wild boars. I still choose the short cut though because  we have 10 armed persons and we can exploit the the area to level up.

Packed with enough meat and water, with each of us possess a weapon, we commence our travel. I even prepare the possibility of us camping inside the forest for 3 days.


As we just walk through the woods towards Grey town, we encounter a group of wild dogs. These beasts are definitely not wolves but are bigger than wolves we killed last time.


"Gurururu.." (Wild dogs)


28 in total.


The dogs are covered in black hair, bared its fang.


If I was back then an office worker in my previous life, I would have soiled my pant. But now, even though I am facing 28 large hounds, I don't feel that much of threat, probably feeling secured by my 9 minions. However, as I do not know what kind of diseases the dogs carry and the dangers they pose, so it's better to stay away.


"Lowly dogs, how dare you stand in our way!" Here she goes again, Kureha initiates the attack. She rushed forward while the others are looking at me expecting my command.


Kureha dodges and swings her sword. As she is the highest level fighter among us, I signal others to approach the battle closer without interruption. I am interested how much she can level up. After she kill over 10 dogs, she looks obviously overwhelmed. 


"Attack. Help her!"" I give my order. The 8 men jump into the fight and the tide of battle change. After 15 minutes, the dogs are eliminated and as usual, Kureha kill the most foes, 14 dogs. 


I observe them. Unlike weeks ago, they don't suffer large wound. They have scratch here and there though. 


The dogs are dangerous but if they are merely at this level, these beasts are the best canon fodder, for my minions to level up. 


I decide to stay in the forest for 3 days or until every single beast in the forest is eliminated.

8