Chapter 12 : First Campaign
274 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As promised, the Callum family gives us weapons, armours and boots. 

Other than backroom staff, Yui the healer, the rest of us receive the equipments. 

The brute minions receive two handed bastard swords. The raiders receive one handed long swords. Mbaye, the tanker has a long arming sword and a large metal shield. Sterling get small round metal shield and and an arming sword. Chucky gets two short sword. Kureha gets 2 sabre swords. It is a long cutting edge, curved blade, an European version of Japanese katana. It is requested by me as it fits her set of skills. In fact, I specifically ask weapons that suit each of minion.

Today, I am called to Callum administration office in Grey town, on the upper floor while my minions are practicing.

“Are you…… Hez?”

When I go to greet the commander in chief, I ponder about how invaders Atonia had been fought with the different people before, upon arriving, I saw a bald man in early fifties sitting in the commander chair.

“I heard that someone with skill came, is that you, Hez?”

Commander says in a husky tone. I heard he is the cousin of the current Viscount Callum. 

"No. I am just a weakling but I have loyal followers who are stronger than any of your men." I tell him the truth.

We then shake each other’s hand.

"Are you satisfied with the weapons we give you?"

I nod. 

"Oh, the horses I gave you guys last week, have you adequate practice riding them?"

Oh, yes. They also give us horses. My minions easily master the horse riding within 2 days while I am still struggling until now.

"Well, basically my men are already good at it." 

"Because you have your own weapons and horses, try to do a raid. The Atonian had taken control of a village at the garrison."

"Don't you have other men for this job?" I don't hide my disatisfaction. 

"I heard you guys beaten our best soldiers to pulps. You are our best bet now "

I sigh and exit the room and see two arguing girls. I only bring the girls with me today, well, it's more like they insist on accompanying me.

We go down to the soldiers' quarter and 5 people suddenly appear and surround us. 

Hoodlums, but outlaws is a much better word for them, usually a poorly assembled troops is composed by this kind of people.

“Yes, please treat us well” I say it in friendly manner.

It seems that they don’t like the way I talked.

“Oi oi, you must bow your head when doing your greeting as newcomers”

“I don’t know if you’re doing a cavalry raid or not, but a soldier has their own rule”

“You even have girls too."

When they drew near, Yui suddenly mutter in hushed voice, ‘what are we going to do with them?’ I knew what she meant, but I shake my head.

“So, what are you going to do to me?” I still maintain my composure.

“War is all about strength, you know. Though it’s fine if you have skills”

They use their vulgar eyes to see the girls like licking all over their well proportioned body.

Although Yui is covered by that overcoat and Kureha in breast plate and mantle covering her back, their alluring bodies are still visible and they are Asian beauties rarely found in this world.

With the years of piled up lust, every man here see them as someone worth enough to have lustful thoughts on.

“If you have no problem, please lend that cute girl' ass over there to us. Though, I don’t know if my oversized penis will broke them afterwards”

Hearing their vulgar words, Kureha draws her sword.

Her boiling point is low as usual, but I pat her head with my hand.

"If you want her that badly, you have to beat her in swordsmanship." I tout the men.

We exit to the empty space behind the building. 

The situation is 1 versus 3, even though it’s only a practice fight, there’s no bladeless sword here.

"Don't get your ass kicked, you demented virgin. Otherwise, you will give your chastity to that lowlifes." Yui provokes her.

"Shut up, sly whore." 

I tap her shoulder to calm her down.

As the starting signal, Kureha charges.

He receives her sword strike.

That man who received her strike screams miserably as his shoulder dislocated and she left him as she dashes towards her next victim.

Her next victim becomes confused and doesn’t know what to do seeing how she easily defeated his friend, as expected, he sets up his saber in a defensive position like how ones sets up a toy sword in that position.

She raises her saber from below, then strikes his nether region with the bladeless side.

The thick sound as if something breaks could be heard, after that, the man emits foam and collapse due to his nether region being smashed.

The last man tries to hit her from behind, which she dodges and swings her saber horizontally hitting his neck. He collapses.

"Someone else wants to try?”

Hearing my imposing taunt, the other friends escape all at once.

This is also okay, this match is not a courtesy or mere word for them, but a necessary lesson.

Even if the Callum soldiers resemble a regular army, with those sorts of people, it is far from good.

Those sorts of “soldiers tradition” are many, I hope this lesson became helpful to them.

I have to turn this place into a comfortable place.

Then, we go to the male minions and head out.

Our unit march together with the additional men from Baron Kyle's as guides as the village is one of Baron's fief.

Repelling invaders usually require larger troops but now we don't have enough troops to spare for saving a village.

“With this scale, repelling invaders seems like a thief extermination, isn’t it?” I complain while lazily ride my horse.

“Yes. This is my first participation in a march like this." Yui says happily with her horse stays so close to me that  her knee and my knee frequently touching. 

"Sly witch. Stay away from master. He needs to concentrate." Kureha whose horse on my other side yells at her rival. Before Yui's existence, Kureha often walked at the front and raid the enemies ignoring my command. Now, she is even willing to stay at behind with me, even if causes her to be left out of battle. The reason she doesn't want to let Yui to be alone with me. 

It's troublesome but at least we no longer put ourselves in peril because she acts on whim.

But, just now our colleagues had already started to notice the a horseman from reconnaissance cavalry is returning.

From the distance, they’ll arrive soon.

I see cloud of dust from far away, it must be the cavalry running.

It must be the result from scouting.

Because we are near the guide, we heard the information from the scout.

“The enemy occupies a village! Enemy number confirmed, their number is around 30 infantries seen from outside, but no information about inside number! There are also some warhorses!”

"Raise the speed of the whole army! Let us arrive on that place by evening. Raid cavalry Spread out in the front! Check for the enemy scouts!”

The soldier raised their speed while complaining, we spread up straight away.

A good judgement, if we are discovered now, we’ll come for nothing.

There is nothing but plain here, if the enemy wants to do something sneakily, we’ll know at once, so we stood watch at our position.

I dash using horse to stand watch, I’ll slaughter them before they notice me.

I feel uneasy about the time but, the risk is high if we make a campground here.

I have no choice but to hurry.

“It’s the scout!”

Sterling, the ranger shouts, a man hiding in the thicket tried to run away…… You could say that he’s a thin man that is trying to ran away.

“I’ll leave it to you!”

I tell , she speeds up chasing the enemy scout.

Leon’s horse is not that fast, but still it will do, since a horse and humans speed is absolutely different.

After catching up with the man, Leon pulls out his sword, and after he came close enough to him, he brandish it.

The man falls down with his blood scattered, he’s not even able plead for his life.

Afterwards, several people tidy up the mess probably former villagers who were chased away from  as the raid cavalry lead the whole units marching but all of a sudden, the lead cavalry raised his sword high and stopped.

It seems that we have arrived at the enemy’s hideout, the village.

"Kureha, Yui. Stay beside me, if there are enemies trying to run away, finish them off”

“Yes!” “Understood”

5 raid cavalry push through from behind.

Distance from village is not even 1 minute.

If we had attacked before planning, it would’ve become fatal.

Usually, outer trench and wooden fence which is built around the village is avoided by beast and monster.

Charging with horses, we can easily break the obstacle.

So, when there’s no fence and trench, we can just push through from the front.

There are men who guard the front entrance, but they are still not aware on what is about to happen.

In front of the gate, the one who blocked, get their head crushed, and the other got trampled over by the horses.

I then lead the others towards the village.

Breaking through from the entrance to the interior of the village, we were blocked by spears embedded in wooden fence.

Behind that fence, several men with bows and arrows readily waited there, and cavalry standing in front to kill the trespasser.

Awang leaps over the fence, and smashes one archer when it lands.

Eto approaches the remaining spearmen who just stood there with their body trembling from fear.

They swung their spear in confusion, 3 people lost part of their body and fell.

Eto aims his spear at a separated man, like the other 3, he also got cut down by his spear.

3 archers throw their bow and charges to Rudolf with daggers in hand.

He pulls his bastard sword from his back and slashes it, my bastard sword has cut them down like a paper.

But one man keep running even though that he has swung his large sword on his neck, it’s a miracle that the man kept on running like nothing happened.

He cut that man until his shoulder fell off.

We secure the entrance of the village while the invaders retreat, the raid cavalry that search the entrance from another side chased towards the escaping thieves.

With the situation where the cavalry is wreaking havoc around inside the village, the invaders' morale’s collapse, intercepting the approaching infantry units is stupid when their defenses can’t even be prepared completely.

Even Kureha killed 10 men.

I decide to be there. We will crush their resistance from inside the village”

I take my bloody duel crater from the corpse and carried it on my shoulder.

The infantry units climb over the fences at various place to fight inside the village.

Some thieves takes up position in the small hill, because competing with spearman, Eto attacks 3 people at once, Rudolf destroyes the house with his bastard sword where the enemy barricades themselves, while Kureha skewers the runaway enemies in the field.

I don’t really have a good feeling about the massacre.

But, the instruction has been given

The massacre continues, it was around the time when the sun is about to set when we finally slaughters all of the Atonian.

“All right, it’s finished! Dig a hole and bury the corpses, it’ll be eaten when the wolf or monster come. Make camp here, beware of survivors” I shout my command.

Our unit first sortie is ended like this.

4