Chapter 15 : Territory under Threat
277 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

40 minions including 13 newly summoned ones are lining up in front of the village, or to be precise on the spacious space between Jack's house and newly constructed houses. Upon triumph over the Atonian invaders, my level rose to Level 6, and summoned 13 new minions. The present long house could only accommodate 20 men, they had spent nearly 2 weeks to build another long house.

The latest members are all men as I want to avoid possible trouble from having female minions. Having done that, I still summoned 2 female archers during the last battle on whim. 

I learn new things. For example, elves could be summoned although they come at random. I tried summoning 5 archers later on and I got 5 men of various racial background but they are not elf. In other words, summoning depends on luck.

Another surprising finding is each minion possibly has special abilities though that also depends on luck. 

For example, the elven archer has druid magical abilities. She could expedite growth of seeds and plants. Dark elven archer could also perform close combat and cast dark magic to certain extent. The newly summoned 5 male archers, on the other hand, can only shoot arrows. 

The purpose of present lining up is to establish divisions and appoint  leaders for each division.

Chucky is the captain of intelligence unit and Sterling is his deputy. Pirlo is captain of assault unit. Yui is the doctor. Kureha is my personal bodyguard.

Mbaye is captain of defence unit. Mbaye's members in defence unit are 5 newly summoned 'tankers'. Eto is captain for power unit with Rudolf as his deputy. 

The 5 new archers will be in archery unit. The captain of archery unit is the elven girl, who I named as Lanaya and her deputy is dark elf, who I named as Fiora. 

As a trial, I summoned a female wizard and a male wizard. The male wizard is very quiet man who barely say anything except saying, "I am artificer." or "my job class is artificer" but when I asked what is 'artificer'?, he didn't answer. Contrary to the artificer who utter only a few words, the female wizard is talkative. I don't really understand most of the things she say except the fact that she is an alchemist. Both of them cannot fight.

I refrained from summoning my last minion until 3 days ago. My last minion is female wizard, a dowser who also cannot fight. Based on the attempts, summoning the wizards have high chance of getting random non-combatants. 

I named male artificer as Tesla as he looks like Hungarian or Yugoslavian.

I named the female alchemist as Aisha she looks like middle eastern girl.

I named the female dowser as Mei as she looks Chinese.

"My men and women !!!"

The assembled minions are standing and looking at me with full attention.

I stand on top a wooden box made by this village's carpenter. From such higher place, I can see clearly their expression.

"Yesterday, I announced the formation of new units. I also announced which among among you join which unit. And I appoint captains and deputies."

Their facial expression don't change.

"Today I announce the formation of a new unit. I call it research unit. Research unit, as its name implies, focus on studying and making new things. They don't involve in combat. The members are Tesla, Mei and Aisha. This unit at the moment has no captain and as they report directly to me."

Yui who is standing below me, clap her hands while giving stern cue to others to do the same.

Everyone including the villagers who attend the assembly give me a round of applause.

***

"Welcome, you must be Hez, a traveler from mysterious land." 

After I entered the room, I saw a white male with curly blonde hair approaches me with amiable smile. 

Although he is of European look, Viscount Callum's face is no where close to white. His skin looks as coarse as sandpaper. However, his composure and clean appearance makes me sense my respect.

"Nice to meet you. You must be Lird Callum. Mr Commander introduced you to me."

I feel a little weird but returns the same hand gesture he gave me.

To be honest, it is awkward using this world's way to greet others. 

The idea is simply a bit confusing but that is what happens.

"He is my cousin and sacrificed a kit for my sake." Viscount Callum extends his gand.

"Is your territory fine? Invasion of foreign force is a big thing." I ask after sitting on the sofa and casually go straight to the point.

He becomes silent for a while. Then he opens different topic,

"I am sorry we cannot hire you as official soldiers. We have to obey to kingdom's law of not allowing anyone of unkown origin to be hired as official soldiers."

I pause for brief moment before taking a sip from of coffee from the expensive looking cup on the table before me.

"Can I learn about your background? Why do you come hmto this land? How big your military strength?" Viscount Callum asks this slightly intruding question to prepare for the worse. 

"Oh, there is no rush to know that. What I can say is I am harmless."

I nonchalantly exit the room and left the stunned Viscount Callum.

His face is completely blank. He doesn't even realize he drops his expensive cigar.

I exit Viscount Callum's mansion and walk towards the gate. Yui is probably waiting for me. I reach the gate notice Yui is under the shade of trees.

Yui is not wearing white overcoat as usual. Instead she changes into a beige dress with a laced floppy hat, bought at the town. Her present could be felt miles away. She knows exactly how she could attract men, with the combination of her wit and seduction.

"Master. Why did you take so long? I am starving." Yui gives me her coquetry as she sways her slender waist. Her coquetry doesn't feel staged at all.

"Haha. I will take out out for food." I chivalrously take her hand.

She rose to Level 7 after during last battle. She was proud of that achievement and begs me to bring her out for a date.

After a while day of riding on the same horse and touring the town together, we return to the village. 

At night, I don't immediately go the bedroom to avoid bothersome catfight between girls. Now, I have 6 girls in that house,  which raises the trouble by sixfold.

We put on a twenty torches between the male houses and ours, thus the area is bright. I sit on chair outside. I quietly wait there. My eyes lit up as I see a graceful figure approaches me. 

"Master. You finally return. What did the sly witch force you to do?" Kureha gives me a hard stare.

I left her here to take care of things. She takes in a deep breath, to stop an almost inevitable emotional explosion.

"Don't be mad. I will bring you next time." I persuade her gently, and grin with no sign of guilt. 

"Is there something bothering you?" 

Although she keeps a stern face, I still notice she is distracted.

"I am worried about our future."

She dives straight into the problem.

"There are more girls. What do you plan to do with them?" She looks at me anxiously.

Is that the only things her brain can think of?

Anyway, the best way is to give an answer that stops her from further questions and worrying.

Upon the previous battle, I brought in 4 new girls into the house and that caused a huge bickering between the girls. The 4 new girls were against Kureha and Yui sleeping on the same bed as me. Finally, I couldn't contain my anger and bellowed to them, forcing them to sleep on the living room.

Over a week since that incident, every night the girls look at me like cute pitiful kittens. I am feeling bad.

"You 6 girls can sleep in my room tonight." I say while looking into Kureha's eyes.

"How are you going to do that, master?" This stuck-up girl stares at my seriously.

"Easy. 6 of you sleep on the bed. Of course, the bed cannot fit 7 persons. So, 2 of you must hug me. You girls take turn doing that every night. If you girls are fine with that, I will let you sleep together with me."

Hearing my daring proposal, her face blushes.

I slept between Kureha and Yui for weeks. Sandwiched between 2 hot Asian beauties made my dick hard every night. 

If I was in environment of my previous world, I would have fucked them every night.

However, I was anxious as I didn't know much about this world and my life was insecure. That feeling of helplessness and insecurity made me sleep early every night back then.

Now, with this many minions and upon the recent battle triumph, I am feeling a lot more secured.

I wonder if I could enjoy their warmth after enduring pressure for so long.

***

After Hez went out, a middle aged man with blonde curly hair, Commander Callum, captain Joshua and Baron Kyle enter the room. Viscount Callum is still sitting while taking a sip of wine from a glass.

"What a rude fellow." Captain Joshua complains.

"So, that's the man who defeated Atonian invaders. But that attitude.... Can we do anything about it?" Baron Kyle sit on a chair beside Commander Callum.

Commander Callum, the cousin of Viscount Callum, looks at both of them and groans. 

He laments, "That man actually lives in Dawn village. Our scouts confirm this. He has around 40 underlings, with him in the village. They built house on your demesne without paying poll tax."

Hearing commander's words, the captain hammers the table, causing the wine from the glasses to splash a little.

 "Then, we have the right to detain him!"

The commander shakes his head and is whimpering.

"First, he and his men defeated the invaders single handedly, something we couldn't do. Second, we even lost around 100 men in the last war. Third, he leads a single most powerful military group in our territory. If he really decide to wrest the power from us by force, our weak force has no way of stopping him."

Viscount nods to his cousin's explanation. He then adds,

"And we have more pressing issues. Our country's territory that shares border with Atonia is Marquis Thatcher's large land. It impossible for Atonian invaders to reach us without fighting the marquis."

The captain and Baron furrow their eyebrows. 

The commander continues his cousin's words, "The marquis, the Thatcher family is in cahoots with Atonia. They let the invaders cross their land."

"Should we report to the royal capital?" Baron asks. He looks very worried.

"We reported this to the central nobles already." Viscount says.

"But it seems Thatcher family has a firm grip on the politics of royal capital." He continues to lament.

Commander takes a sip of the wine and says,

"We have no choice to play a defensive game. Defending to no end. That's why we it is foolish to make Hez as our enemies for now. Instead we must think of a way to bring him to our side."

Then, they fall into long silence.

7